Author Topic: lukybugur / G3LBOY  (Read 3352 times)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
lukybugur / G3LBOY
« on: October 15, 2007, 13:04:45 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?

Neil Dawson

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

From APAT Scottish National (May 08)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Ayr, Scotland

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

32yo Self-Employed IT Consultant / Website Developer since "99. Married to Julia and have a 15 yo step-son.

I"m Nicotine, Drug, Cheese and Alcohol free. If it wasn"t for chocolate I"d be thin and Caffeine-free too.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

Started off online about 4 yrs ago. I"m still 99% online due to lack of live games nearby. You"ll usually find me at the short handed 25c/50c or 50c/$1 tables donking off with top pair good kicker against top pair top kicker.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

I try to adjust to the table playing the players and the situations rather than being loose or tight, aggressive or passive. OK, I admit it, I"m loose passive - the worst kind! If I could learn to stop donking off chips with hands like AJ and 99, I"d be a much better and happier player.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

Allen Cunningham - he"s just awesome, always!!

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

PokerStars have great software but level of opponent is good so I don"t play there often. BlueSq for the APAT Events where I play as G3LBOY.

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

APAT Season 2 Achievements so far are;

Oct 07 - Final Table, 1st (APAT Gold Medal) and 10 APAT points in Danish Open

Dec 07 - Final Table (10th) in APAT's "OnLive" Event

Jan 08 - I won a hefty sum on a Freeroll on Titan. It paid off a good few debts and gave me a $3k Bankroll.

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

Not much available in this area - Glasgow (40 miles) being closest.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

PokerPlayer magazine back when it was first featured. I signed up straight away!

12 - WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

Tournaments: Great! The Online Series is like one big friendly, good quality home game once a week!

Standard: Pretty High. I take each APAT Event a lot more seriously than other MTTs as I"m sure many others do.

Structure: Online: I do prefer the 4,000 chips and 12 minute structures that ensure the online tourneys finishing around midnight. Live: Deepstack Events are good, lots of play for your £s.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

I play at the Regional Qualifiers in Edinburgh each month. Despite poor results, each are memorable for the dozens of nice folk I meet. I made my National debut at the Scottish Championship in Edinburgh in May (50th of 120) and then made the trip to the Irish Championship in Dublin in June 08 (out around 100th of 140). Both weekends were great though!

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

Family, Work and Golf

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?

Films - Lock Stock, Snatch, Pulp Fiction.
Poker Book - Harrington on HoldEm Vol 1 (which I credit for my largest win to date)
Book - During this "poker break", I"m currently working my way through Peter James and James Siegel novels (Thriller / Murder)

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

Bruce Springsteen - All
Goo Goo Dolls - Live in Buffalo (4th July 2004)
Matchbox20 - Yourself Or Someone Like You

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

I"m a donk. Feel free to treat me as one.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:45:58 AM by lukybugur »

Zeeshamen

Re: lukybugur / G3LBOY
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 22:22:43 PM »
Hi,

Wonder of you could help me get in touch with someone from the Edinburgh Club.  I would like to get involved in some tourneys.  Also, I have registered with 888 and am finding it difficult to find any APAT tournaments.

Cheers

Zeeshamen