Author Topic: "AVFC.WILSON" - Mike Wilson  (Read 5049 times)

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
"AVFC.WILSON" - Mike Wilson
« on: March 07, 2010, 16:42:17 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?

Mike Wilson

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Born in Birmingham. But live in Ludlow, Shropshire.

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

I"m 21 and since studying BTEC Sports at college decided to work as a Lifeguard and Gym Instructor at the local Leisure Centre. Outside of work i"m a huge sports fan and a former season ticket holder of Aston Villa.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

I started playing poker at college aged 17, I"d be making enough profit daily to pay for a free lunch & bus journey home. Okay so maybe only £3 or £4 each day, but I enjoyed learning the game and the buzz from risking/loosing/winning money made it fun along with the social aspect. Over time I became aware that almost every night of the week there was a poker night in at least one of the pubs in town, as expected the standard in the pubs was a lot higher than the "all in"s" of college. Within a couple of months my standard had improved and I"d cash quite regularly and depending on the turn out i"d be cashing £80-£110 weekly. I wanted more from the world of poker and when i turned 18, i opened my first online poker account with PKR. Any profit i made in the week i"d plug into PKR and try for $2,000 GTD"s that they would frequently run - Unsucessful to cash at most attempts or only min cashing after 5hrs of play i gave up playing online. Searching Google i stumbled across APAT in August 2009. And in October that year i played my first APAT event, cashing £400 inspired me to stay part of the tour. Since then i"ve played 5 more live events, Swansea & Luton in Season and Coventry, Newcastle & Cardiff in Season 5. After taking almost a year out from poker i"m back and ready for season 6!!

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

Complete Donk ;p!

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

My favourite poker player to read is Gus Hansen, I"ve just finished reading his book how he won the 2007 Aussie Millions it"s titled "Every hand revealed" as well as being an interesting read it also gave an insight to the thought process of one of the top players in the industry.
My favourite player to watch on the other hand is Daniel Negreanu, recently I"ve been watching some of  the NAPT on channel 4 and some of his tableside banter is absolute genius, additional his witty banter he is a extremely talented player and he makes some unbelievable reads.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

PKR - Miiiiike6732
Betfair - Miiiiiikeee
Full Tilt - Miiiiike6803
Blue Square - REDBULLJAFFA
888poker - AVFC.WILSON
Pokerstars - AVFC.WILSON

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

(Season 3 - Bolton)  (19/205 - £400)
(Season 4 - Luton)
(Season 4 - Swansea)
(Season 5 - Coventry) (4/156 - £1,053)
(Season 5 - Newcastle)
(Season 5 - Cardiff)

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

Re-buys!!! Hate them.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

Google... Searching for Amateur Poker Events

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

APAT Live is great for getting to meet some great people.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

My first APAT was the English Amateur Championship in Bolton, I finished Day One with Pockets Aces, I donked out pretty early on Day Two but still i Finished 19th and cashed £400.
The latest APAT event to of cashed in was the English Amateur Championship in Coventry. This was the first time i had ever reached the final table at an APAT event. I Finished 4th and cashed £1,053. - Gutted to of missed out on a medal.

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

Aston Villa F.C

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?

Films - Big fan of comedy so any stand up DVD will have me in stitches.
Books - Not a huge reader of novels, however I like reading upon facts and figures, explaining the reason i"m full of random knowledge is partially thanks to "The book of General Ignorance" and Newscientist annuals with such titles as "Does anything eat wasps"

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can"t Sweat Out
Enter Shikari - Take To The Skies
The Progidy - Invaders Must Die

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

Good luck to all in Season Six!!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 00:35:22 AM by AVFC.WILSON »

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
Re: miiiiike6732
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:54:22 AM »
Half-decent music taste you got there 8)
I"ll be seeing The Prodigy for the tenth time @ TITP this year and Enter Shikari @ Rockness, can"t wait!

No doubt see you at the tables some point during the season.
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
Re: "AVFC.WILSON" - Mike Wilson
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 00:38:29 AM »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you"re sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Updated ;)