Author Topic: Betfair site  (Read 7054 times)

Foggy

• Gold Member
Betfair site
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »
I consider myself to be of reasonable intelligence ( no replies to the contrary please) but can I find anything on the betfair site, can I f**k

With the help of Ger the other evening I just managed to register for the freezeout, after ticking and unticking the filters to show the tourney.....................why is it so difficult

Surely the tourneys should be viewed by looking under the all or regulat tabs!

I am looking for a seat in London, after having a week on holiday, this week meant I missed Swansea, and the satellites for London, now people are saying go to the holding tank #359983..............what f****ing holding tank

Oh for the days when everything was simple.................ANYBODY HELP!!

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Betfair site
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 10:22:53 AM »
The way they do it is a bit flawed to say the least.

For example, if you sort on tournament name - you would probably expect all the tournaments to be sorted by name

but it isn"t

It"s sorted by the registration stage (announced, registering, playing, finished - I think is most of them) - and then sorted by tournament name

If everything they did for filtering and sorting was actually intuitive and wysiwyg then it would help no end
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:42:41 AM »
I find looking under tournaments and then scrolling down looking at the "how long until the tournament starts" field works for me. Haven"t used any filters or sorted the list but find this works every time (so far). They don"t have a large amount of tourneys so the APAT ones are easy to spot.

Hope this helps.

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »

I consider myself to be of reasonable intelligence ( no replies to the contrary please) but can I find anything on the betfair site, can I f**k

With the help of Ger the other evening I just managed to register for the freezeout, after ticking and unticking the filters to show the tourney.....................why is it so difficult

I am looking for a seat in London, after having a week on holiday, this week meant I missed Swansea, and the satellites for London, now people are saying go to the holding tank #359983..............what f****ing holding tank

looking in the REGULAT wont help hahahahahahah
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »

looking in the REGULAT wont help hahahahahahah

I"ll tell you one thing

If wit was chit, you"d be constipated

duncthehat

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 23:09:46 PM »
you managed to register now?
WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 20:23:48 PM »
Have logged onto Betfair tonight to sit at the 25c/50c cash tables for a bit and I see that there are very few full tables. When I (and others who"re moaning in chat too) try to take cash to the table, it says "gathering information" and hangs for around 30 seconds before kicking you off and leaving the "reserved" seat status as "open".

A new site / software issue ... ?

Sorry I missed the APAT League game ... have only just got back in after a long, tough day.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 20:26:38 PM by lukybugur »

Logie

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 20:44:58 PM »
Same probing regarding cash games :(

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 21:48:09 PM »
Seems to be fixed now :)

GL if you"re playing Don