Author Topic: ip address issue when registering for live events  (Read 7897 times)

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
ip address issue when registering for live events
« on: June 26, 2010, 12:58:42 PM »
Not sure if this has been addressed before, apologies if it has and please link to thread.

Previously, both my son and I tried to register for the United Kingdom Amateur Championship - Grosvenor Victoria, London event via seperate Betfair a/c"s but from the same ip address. Betfair software recognised the ip address and disallowed the second registration on the basis of "you are already registered" even though it was a different a/c.

Has this been changed or how do we get two players / a/c"s regged from a single ip.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: ip address issue when registering for live events
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 13:36:00 PM »
The issue is not with the ip address, but with the actual computer apparantely.

Betfair were not aware of the problem, which to be fair to them is going to be true, as apart form APAT live holding tanks, I can"t think of many situations where this can arise.

Other players have either used another computer, or got a friend to log in and register for them.

Feel free to pm "Betfair_Dave" though, as he may have another suggestion.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 13:39:25 PM »

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 16:04:23 PM »
Great thanks, different pc is a simple solution.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 00:55:30 AM »
And finally...

What if we landed at the same table in a sat or league tourney, is that allowed?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 00:58:26 AM by TheSnapper »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 08:23:33 AM »

And finally...

What if we landed at the same table in a sat or league tourney, is that allowed?

It"s happened to me and the wee man (never a final table though  ;D )

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 18:20:21 PM »

And finally...

Sorry Ger, to clarify. You and the wee man have played at the same table from the same ip?

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 18:36:14 PM »

And finally...

Sorry Ger, to clarify. You and the wee man have played at the same table from the same ip?

Yes