Author Topic: SteveTheRake  (Read 2659 times)

SteveTheRake

• Bronze Member
SteveTheRake
« on: November 08, 2007, 14:55:42 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?

Steve Talbot

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Blackburn, Lancashire

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

Well, I"m 27 years old, single, and am a proud Dad to a recently turned 7 year old son and work in IT Technical for an ecommerce company in Preston.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

Have always been interested in strategy type games and dabbled with Seven card Stud with friends when younger, but began to play Poker and Hold'em after watching Poker Night Live on SKY. From there on after a brief spell on the play money tables on Party Poker and the Prima Network, I was playing almost straight away on PNL"s Televised tables and learnt alot there and made alot of friends too. Have been playing probably over 3 years now.

I now play mostly cash games from 2c/4c right up to $1/$2 6-max depending on how I"m feeling, my usual level is 25c/50c, although I have recently began to play Omaha alot more than NLH.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

Good question. My game has adapted and changed since my early days of solid TAG play. I"m now sort of a TAG-LAG crossbreed, aggressive, very much a positional player but not afraid to gamble - which can sometimes be my downfall.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

Phill Hellmuth, like him or loave him, he"s just the best tournament player in the world and has proved alot of people wrong about his cash game too recently. Other favs are Gus Hansen and Sammy Farha - I love the gamble in this man.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

At the moment Royal Card Club (on the microgaming network), am originally named steve_talbot there. Am playing more at sites like Full Tilt (SteveDaRake) and Virgin (PayDaRake) recently though and my Blue Square ID is PayDaRake.

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

3 Day Two finishes in APAT Live events;
- 6th at UK Champs, Newcastle - Season 1
- 6th at Scottish Champs, Edinbrugh - Season 1
- 12th at English Champs, Walsall - Season 2

I also am joint 3rd in rankings for Season 1 (with 1 online final table also).

Other than APAT events, finishing 2nd in the EMS Multi-Event League was an achievement as it was accross all the games, Holdem, Omaha, Stud, Razz, Badugai and more etc

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

Self-dealt games and the fact most games are pot-limit and re-buys.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

On the old PNL forum in a post by Tikay

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

With the addition of the new 150/300 level I think the structure is about right. Maybe the prize structure, with it being so top heavy towards the top 3, with little difference between 4th-20th could be adjusted though, although just my thoughts.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

Yeah, played in 5 now. Newcastle, Edinbrugh, Dublin, Luton & Walsall. Excellent experience and everyone is so friendly.

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

Sports Betting and Football, am an avid Blackburn Rovers fan.

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?

Films: Rounders, Rocky (s), Fight Club, From Dusk Till Dawn I, Gladiator, Road Trip, American Pie, Doom, Training Day, 300, Meet the Parents, Fast & The Furious, Goonies, They Live

Books: Big Deal, Bringing Down The House, Breaking Vegas, Bravo Two Zero, The One That Got Away

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

Any Indy/Rock stuff but;

Oasis: Whats the Story Morning Glory
Razorlight: Razorlight
Green Day: International Superhits

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

When I bet, you fold. :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 00:10:02 AM by APAT »
"I have implied tilt odds to call"