Author Topic: xxMAIRxx  (Read 2868 times)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
xxMAIRxx
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:49:47 AM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?

Mary Martin

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Lasswade, Scotland

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

I am Mum to 3 wonderful children, Holly ( 10 ), David ( 8 ), Ellie ( 3 )

I worked as a PA primarily in the financial sector up until my 1st child was born and I have spent the last 10 years thoroughly enjoying raising my children.

Plan on doing my Degree in Mathematics.

I dabble in lots of things online and take an active interest in computers and learning web and graphic design.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

I"ve been playing online for a while now but it was only a couple years ago that I started playing live.  Nuts Poker League started up in my area and I went along and I was hooked.  I also met up with my cuz Geo there whom I had not seen in years which was a superb bonus.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

It really depends on who I am playing against, I adjust my playing style according to each situation.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

I don"t really have a "favourite" poker player although years ago I took a shine to Devilfish Dave Ulliott, and I just love watching my Cuz Geo play :)

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

My favourite Poker site is Full Tilt (xxMairxx) and also I play on Pokerstars (Mair38)

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

Nothing to shout about really, although a few months ago I came 2nd in an FTP tournament for $1,785, my biggest win to date.  I also came 2nd in the APAT South American Open online for a Silver Medal.

Edit: Won the Team Championships last year at Blackpool ;), felt pretty special being the first female to win an APAT Championship.

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

There is nothing I would want to change or have noticed needed changed and IMO there is nothing to dislike, although I mainly just play APAT tours now.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

My cuz Geo who was playing last year at the APAT event in Edinburgh and I went along to support and that was it I was a member.

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

I love the APAT tournaments, more for the structure, superb organisation and smoothness of the events.  The standard of play is, of course, great, and I enjoy them immensely.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

I played in Dublin 2007, Walsall 2007 and Edinburgh 2008.  I am so lucky to have met such a wonderful crowd of people.  Every time I have attended one of the tournaments Ive met up with so many new people and made many friends.  The warm welcome from all the APAT Staff makes playing in the APAT tournaments wonderful.

I played in the UK Team Championships in 2008 and it was absolutely fabulous.  The team spirit throughout was amazing, and the support from all the other teams when I was at the final table was unbelievable.  To go on and win the event was the best feeling in the world, and even now I don"t think Ive quite recovered from the excitement of it all.

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

My children, my family, friends and dabbling in things on my computer.

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FILMS?

Armageddon
PS I Love You
Any Chick Flick really

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

Anything really, I have a varied music taste.

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

Hello :) I"m Mary pleased to meet you!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 21:09:34 PM by xxMAIRxx »
Mary Kivlin