Author Topic: APAT and Betfair  (Read 6726 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
APAT and Betfair
« on: August 31, 2010, 13:17:16 PM »
I was one of those who thought the move to partnership with Betfair was a strange one at the time. Like many others, I was dismayed that the APAT online events would be hosted on what was clearly inadequate and old fashioned poker client software. I also wondered whether potentially distancing APAT from the GUKPT was the best thing to do at the time (ok BSQ and GUKPT amended their alliance anyway).

Having commented on posts that questioned whether the move to Betfair was a good one or not, I wanted to take time out to post again.

The value that Betfair have brought to the APAT tour this season is absolutely phenominal, and having been part of the WCOAP festival, I would like to formally thank Betfair for their contribution, which has been outstanding.

Alongside that, the move to OnGame has given us a proper poker client to host our online games, and has opened the door to a huge potential online market of new APAT members (and lots of new fish in the cash games of course  ;) )

It"s always been a privilege to play in APAT events, and they always have such a "special" feel about them. The APAT leadership team and the supporting cast are absolutely fantastic, and I for one truly appreciate and welcome their efforts. With this team, and the Betfair partnership, APAT is the number one place to play amateur low stakes poker.

Thank you APAT and thank you Betfair.

Shortstack

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
    • Poker League
Re: APAT and Betfair
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:01:05 AM »
Totally agree.
Good post

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:49:22 AM »

I was one of those who thought the move to partnership with Betfair was a strange one at the time. Like many others, I was dismayed that the APAT online events would be hosted on what was clearly inadequate and old fashioned poker client software. I also wondered whether potentially distancing APAT from the GUKPT was the best thing to do at the time (ok BSQ and GUKPT amended their alliance anyway).

Having commented on posts that questioned whether the move to Betfair was a good one or not, I wanted to take time out to post again.

The value that Betfair have brought to the APAT tour this season is absolutely phenominal, and having been part of the WCOAP festival, I would like to formally thank Betfair for their contribution, which has been outstanding.

Alongside that, the move to OnGame has given us a proper poker client to host our online games, and has opened the door to a huge potential online market of new APAT members (and lots of new fish in the cash games of course  ;) )

It"s always been a privilege to play in APAT events, and they always have such a "special" feel about them. The APAT leadership team and the supporting cast are absolutely fantastic, and I for one truly appreciate and welcome their efforts. With this team, and the Betfair partnership, APAT is the number one place to play amateur low stakes poker.

Ditto. DTD looked fantastic decked out in the APAT and Betfair bunting!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »

Well said Steve, agree 100%
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 13:57:14 PM »
Very well put and I agree totally.
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 14:18:09 PM »
Couldn"t have said it better myself Steve.

Betfair have been amazing this year, not only in the sponsorship package but the extra stuff they keep surprising us with.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 22:27:32 PM »
And so say I to all the above.
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold