Author Topic: APAT Irish Amateur Poker Championship - Day 2 Live Update  (Read 90749 times)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Re: APAT Irish Amateur Poker Championship: Day 2: Update
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2007, 13:10:21 PM »
Another excellent APAT tournament.  Well-played to all, and in particular Dave, Laz and Brendan.  Still not sure about your call with the A9 ;)... but like I said at the table, if I was to go out it would have been you who I"d have chosen to be the villain!

Also congratulations to Mark for scoring more points, and nearly making his third final table.  I think the Caribbean trip is yours Mark - and deservedly so.

Great to see the usual faces again, and meet some new ones too.  Had the pleasure of  Foggy"s company on the flight over - good company and a good player too as I witnessed him running over the cash game on Friday night at first hand.  Hope you managed to resolve the problem of the ladies keeping you up all night in your hotel room... ;D

Good work Des, Rich and that old fella.  Looking forward to the next one already.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2007, 13:11:26 PM »
By the way, has anyone seen Pilf?  Last seen trying to find his hotel in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2007, 13:28:51 PM »

Nice reporting Tighty, great read. Unlucky Brendan, no disrespect to Mr Kieft who I"m sure will represent the APAt on the EPT magnificently but its a shame that a APAt legend like Brendan did not win. The first four people I ever met at a live poker event were Bainn, Helen, Glenn and Brendan, how lucky am I!. The fifth was Ironside but I guess thats what you call variance!

Indeed Kevin, those poker gods can be merciless B******s.
  Deepstack champion S2  

ChipRich

• Bronze Member
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2007, 14:01:06 PM »
Ty tighty for all the gr8 updates

Went to bed after LeKnave went out, expeced Brendan to take it down though, it was not to be.

Wp all

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2007, 14:11:19 PM »
Just got back from Dublin after another top APAT event.

Many thanks to the Fitzwilliam for looking after us all weekend.

Well done to the champion and all the players at the final table, the heads up battle being very tense and emotional from the rail.

Many thanks to Des, Tikay, Kev & Richard for all their hard work during the tournament.

Good to catch up with some old faces & also meet some new members, this is what APAT is all about.

Top performance by Mark, putting some distance between himself and the rest in the race for Aruba.  He was also in good form in Temple Bar on Saturday night.

Many thanks for Dublin for hosting so many hen parties.

Cannot wait till the next live event, hope to see you there.

But finally a word for the MAN of the event and my new hero SirEricStoner.  Brendon, you played fantasitic, you are a true legend and example to us all.

Buck Pete

• Bronze Member
« Reply #200 on: June 04, 2007, 14:12:47 PM »
Hi Folks great, great Tournement.

I was the guy in the wheelchair (not Ironside) sat on Brendans second table.

Somehow i seemed to have been left off all the chip counts on the live updates.  Maybe it was due to me losing 7k chips on the 3rd hand!!!  I think i busted out about midnight on Saturday in roughly 24th spot.  I was sat to the left of Brendan for many hours, a very nice fella. Also two to my right was a guy called Daniel (past winner) another great guy.

Must admit,my money would have been on the Big Glaswegian guy taking down the tourney. He looked a rock solid player.

Well played to the little Irish/Dutch fella that won it. He was good laugh too.

Special mention to the Girl from Newcastle on our table who hung on with a less than 5k chips and finaly picked her spot. Think she made the money in the end. well done.

Looking forward to next season all ready.

MJS

« Reply #201 on: June 04, 2007, 15:22:04 PM »
Thanks to all involved in this weekend.  My first live APAT event and I had a great time.

Gutted not to make final table (13th), and my last call will trouble me until the next event no doubt.  Great event, fantastic structure, top notch people.

Congrats to Mark for finishing 10th, quite an effort considering the amount of Guiness he drank!

Hope to see you all again at the next one.  :)  

jonjon1980

« Reply #202 on: June 04, 2007, 18:40:21 PM »
Hi all,
Fantastic forum, and great coverage throughout, well done tighty!
Just a quick one, does anyone have (or know of) a link to the full list of finishing positions?  I can"t seem to find them on line anywhere!!!
???

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2007, 20:06:04 PM »

Hi all,
Fantastic forum, and great coverage throughout, well done tighty!
Just a quick one, does anyone have (or know of) a link to the full list of finishing positions?  I can"t seem to find them on line anywhere!!!
???

Thanks jonjon.  A list of the top 18 will be available shortly, but other than that, we do not have a list of where each of the 150 finishers exited.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2007, 20:16:47 PM »

Hi Folks great, great Tournement.

I was the guy in the wheelchair (not Ironside) sat on Brendans second table.

Somehow i seemed to have been left off all the chip counts on the live updates.  Maybe it was due to me losing 7k chips on the 3rd hand!!!  I think i busted out about midnight on Saturday in roughly 24th spot. 

Hi Pete - nice to meet you at the weekend, and thought we were lucky with our table draw.  Not that it was easy (far from it), but a great group of people from the off.  Loved your three successive pocket pairs and we both were fighting to stay in and reach the second day but fell just short.  Next time...

dustyfinish

« Reply #205 on: June 04, 2007, 21:57:59 PM »
just got back from dublin

my table was made up of locals who all seamed to know each others game and mark donnelly who was two seats to my left, no complaints though, ended up  shiping all my chips to mark when my Q,J failed to improve aginst his pair of nines, and was gone before the dinner break

yet anothe great tourny from the APAT crew you all deserve " A Pat" on the back (sorry for the poor pun)

meant to rail bird the seccond day but unfortunatley dublins charms got the better of me, great location for a tourny but even better for party :)

onespeedo

« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2007, 23:24:08 PM »
Got back earlier today - many thanks to everyone concerned with organising a really great tournament - I think the creation of APAT to give amateur players the chance to play in a deep stack tournament like this has been entirely justified and I wish we had had the opportunity to play in one of the earlier events!

The Fitzwilliam staff were really good, but the stars were Richard, Tikay, Kev and Des - can"t thank you all enough, and well done for a great weekend and tournament. We would have thanked you personally but Deb had to come home on Sunday, and I made the final of the "afternoon" comp on Sunday, so missed the final action downstairs and therefore didn"t see any of you before leaving. (The aft comp started about 5pm and finished about 12.30am!!!!)

All the players added to a great atmosphere too - one of the best I"ve played in. The 9 who didn"t show missed a great event but at least it meant Debs could play!!

Many congratulations to Jaques, who was on my table for quite a while - plenty of speech play which was always in the best spirit and had the best intentions. We clashed a few times and came out even overall against each other. Good luck in the EPT event, I"ll be rooting for you and I hope we play against each other again soon.

I was delighted to make the second day, gutted to miss out on final table, finishing 18th and I didn"t realise I was chip leader at one stage until I read the Day 1 thread!! I should have played a bit tighter cos it didn"t last long after I moved tables!!!!

Many thanks

Dav (David Jones Telford) & Debs
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 23:45:04 PM by onespeedo »

Ericstoner

• Bronze Member
  • It's getting harder, my feet are biginning to drag
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2007, 00:15:50 AM »
Well finally got round to reading the update, Richard ,Kev and their able assistant Jane worked like Trojans, bringing an interesting slant on things.
Thanks of course all that railed me both online including Bainn and Harmony and Those there live,the whole crowd seemed to be behind me.
Pity the poker Gods weren"t up to speed.
But in the end I was gutted, I had decided to be aggresive in this one, and it nearly paid off, specially coming back fron 28000 chips when we were down to five the others holding the best part of 1,500,000 between them.
When we got to heads up, I felt it was gonna be my day, but boy was he tough,he would not get involved and was playing the long game( Think he thought i was tireing) but i had my eye on the big prize and continued aggression was my plan.

It wasn"t to be, and no matter how you cut it, i do"nt like being second,but hay ho them"s the breaks.

I"m right behind APAT and all it stands for, and I know the team have lots planned for next season.
The Fitz staff and dealers were as professional and helpful as you know Dubliners will be.
My lasting memory of our weekend at APAT Dublin,is all the time I spent with friends old and new.

Dewi for keeping me in the pub................Those JD"s went down well mate.
Geo the Sarge/and son,for lifting me in and out of those said pubs.
All the other guys I spent time drinking with.
Danial, sorry bout the A9, but you must have known, you must never mess with my blinds.
Special word for Kev and Jane,who without any coersion, kept a quiat eye on me, and Kev and me got very close lifting me into the nemeros taxi"s we needed.

Ironside also stayed in the same hotel................not himself this time, stay well mate.

And of cousre to old grandad,who yet again said some lovely,heartfelt things when introducing the final table. These words mean a lot to me.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 21:49:37 PM by APAT »

Pilf

• Bronze Member
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2007, 10:25:52 AM »

By the way, has anyone seen Pilf?  Last seen trying to find his hotel in the early hours of Sunday morning.

I"d like to add my congratulations to all those involved with the organisation again.
Congrats to Jacques, who was extremely good company at the Blackjack table.
Also to confirm I am alive, although I seem to have picked up a cold!?! Who knows how that could have happened!