Author Topic: APAT Off Season - DTD Trip?  (Read 4073 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
APAT Off Season - DTD Trip?
« on: November 23, 2010, 19:46:03 PM »
Hi All

I was thinking today that after we play Coventry on the weekend and survive the festive season we have are approaching a break in the APAT season. I don"t know how long the announcement of season five will take but I think we can assume that APAT will be taking a break for at least a couple of months in Feb and March.

I thought this would be a good time to arrange an unoffical APAT meet up kind of thing. Now it could be in all sorts of places but as well all are going to want to play poker and APAT only goes there once a year. I thought DTD would be the most obvious venue (best poker venue and kind of central). We could go and play the Deepstack in Feb or March. DTD have a good selection of tournaments on those weekends so everybody would not have to play the £300.

It wouldalso provide the fix of a poker trip for one of the months that APAT is not running. Alternative suggestions would be good as well.

What does everybody reckon? I am going to head up to DTD for the deepstack in one of those months so it would be good to see some familiar faces.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
Re: APAT Off Season - DTD Trip?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 20:05:34 PM »
Will give it a go if funds are available after xmas  :-\ :-\
and the missus lets me LOL ;D ;D

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 21:01:24 PM »

Hi All

I was thinking today that after we play Coventry on the weekend and survive the festive season we have are approaching a break in the APAT season. I don"t know how long the announcement of season five will take but I think we can assume that APAT will be taking a break for at least a couple of months in Feb and March.

I thought this would be a good time to arrange an unoffical APAT meet up kind of thing. Now it could be in all sorts of places but as well all are going to want to play poker and APAT only goes there once a year. I thought DTD would be the most obvious venue (best poker venue and kind of central). We could go and play the Deepstack in Feb or March. DTD have a good selection of tournaments on those weekends so everybody would not have to play the £300.

It wouldalso provide the fix of a poker trip for one of the months that APAT is not running. Alternative suggestions would be good as well.

What does everybody reckon? I am going to head up to DTD for the deepstack in one of those months so it would be good to see some familiar faces.

Sounds a gr8 idea Mr Local Hero ;) lol gr8 wee article in the new Pokerplayer mag
Mary Kivlin

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 02:52:43 AM »

Hi All

Not to throw cold water on the idea but I think, if you look back, that S4 was announced late Jan/early Feb and the first event was mid-March that doesn"t give you a lot of wiggle room

I"m pretty certain that once Bolton is out of the way, APAT will roll straight into S5 with very little breathing room.

Best to aim for end of February....or I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 17:16:34 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 17:09:00 PM »

Hi All

Sounds a gr8 idea Mr Local Hero ;) lol gr8 wee article in the new Pokerplayer mag

Thanks, have not got it yet, might have to nip off work early tomorrow to get it now though, I am convinced they must have had about 1000 mor interesting things they could have written about though.

Hopefully they have not included any pictures *lol*

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 17:10:41 PM »
they have. I gave it to them, plus some copy. Oops

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 23:29:35 PM »

they have. I gave it to them, plus some copy. Oops

Ah well, there go their magazine sales lol

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 01:21:55 AM »
You could always come and play the BCPC Deepstacked Christmas Cracker on December 18th in West Bromwich for £50 ??
All APAT players welcome.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu