Author Topic: Grant's Glasgow Banter  (Read 195652 times)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Re: Grant's Glasgow Banter
« Reply #555 on: September 10, 2013, 21:13:47 PM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:15:16 PM by Santino67 »
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #556 on: October 06, 2013, 14:31:07 PM »
After a great run at the felt when I started back in August and pretty much a serious shafting through September, when my only run good seemed to come in the APAT/LPPL/IPO Mini League, It was a nice return to playing 3 APAT games last night with the Irish Online ME, PLO and Mini League finals. Always great catching up with all you lovely peeps ( even if it is in a chat box) and great experience sharing tables with you all.

Managed to build a nice stack to be in amongst the Top 10 most of the way in the ME, floated/fished a 4 card straight against Asa which was harsh with 88 v AA on a K45 flop, only to come a very quick cropper with around 30 players left, when an AIPF against Jason Kemp with KK v AJ saw a nice blank flop but J turn and J river leaving me with about 12 BBs and shipping in very next hand in MP with 66 only to run into KK behind  :-\

The PLO started in similar fashion when I just about felted John Murray with rivered quads fairly early and went on again to build a nice stack the luckboxed my way through the FT to beat Ger Smyth & Ian Thompson FTW.

The least said about the LPPL/IPO Mini League final the better. Never really got going again after my flopped top 2 was bettered by a flush & straight draw that hit it"s straight. Should"ve folded the river bet, my own fault that I convinced myself it was a missed flush draw  :D Did at one point manage to get back to just below starting stack but with blinds rising and cards drying up there was never going to be a good outcome in this.

Great chat along the way, always a pleasure sharing a table with you all and I look forward immmmmmensely to meeting up with those of you who can make it to Glasgow  8)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #557 on: October 07, 2013, 00:10:18 AM »
Just enjoyed railing APAT Team Wales" Jason Kemp (PokerGym) to a 3 way chop in the poker.co.uk 10k guaranteed for a lovely return of 1800 Euros, very well played Jason and well deserved for the final table patience and belief 8)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #558 on: October 08, 2013, 15:51:18 PM »

Just enjoyed railing APAT Team Wales" Jason Kemp (PokerGym) to a 3 way chop in the poker.co.uk 10k guaranteed for a lovely return of 1800 Euros, very well played Jason and well deserved for the final table patience and belief 8)

Another good wee railing experience last night after I busted out of the 600 game in 16th place, when Mr Trav Mint Murray went on to scoop top spot. thankfully on this occasion I had some interest at the same time while still in the Headhunter game, eventually finishing 4th with 6 bounties for a small profit of 61 Euros  :)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #559 on: November 22, 2013, 13:44:17 PM »
Been seriously neglecting this blog of late and not sure why TBH  ??? Been quite enjoying life of late, loved the Scottish APAT and played really well to make Day 2 with a healthy stack (happy with 80k despite losing a few flips in last level of Day 1 v shorties), made the correct call on Day 2 to get my chips in pre with AK spades against a mad 40BB 3 bet shove but ultimately busted out in 22nd place very disappointed, when a 9 spiked on flop v my opponents A9os. That"s Poker....siiiiiigh  ::)

Big thanks to those I shared tables with, especially those who I"d only known previously as a username, was a pleasure playing against the likes of Izzy Boyle, Craig Denham, Steve Kearns live for the first time. A few of the other regulars and locals helped to make it one of the most fun poker experiences ever  8)

Gary Numan gig at Glasgow ABC was awesome, with a great set-list mixed of old faves and a chunk of tracks from his recent album Splinter. Happy that for the first time since 1983 this album made it in to the mainstream Top 20, a really good mix of stomping electro/industrial sounds and darker, thoughful atmospheric tunes. Some very interesting guitar work throughout and layers of unusual stuff that even the pioneering Mr Numan hasn"t really used before.

Looking forward to Christmas now and hoping that the new year will finally see some personal burdens lightening. In the meantime still playing a fair amount of low level online games, particularly PLO & PLO8 of late but switching around between sites to keep the enthusiasm.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 19:47:30 PM by Santino67 »

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #560 on: January 05, 2014, 19:56:49 PM »
Pokerland, it"s been too long since I visited your green and pleasant felt. I hope and trust the entire population has enjoyed their Christmas festivities and wish you all a Happy New Year and very prosperous 2014.

2013 was a quiet year for me on the APAT front and I hope to catch up with you all more this year, in the meantime I"m sure I"ll enjoy some virtual meetings in the near future and some railing into the wee small hours when I"m able

All The Best
Grant

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #561 on: April 22, 2014, 13:42:39 PM »
Truly gutted my APAT exploits in the past year have been very limited for a number of reasons. To a wonderful couple I"ve met a number of times I"m even more sorry that I didn"t get to say a fond farewell to face-to-face.

Jack & Dawn, I hope someday our paths will cross again and wish you both an amazing future over the pond in Ohio. Until then, have an awesome time in Portugal and enjoy a few shandies and some great weather. All The Best

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #562 on: January 19, 2015, 22:41:15 PM »
Hellllloooooo world :)

Eventbrite booked for Edinburgh, been too too tooooooo long!!!

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #563 on: May 18, 2015, 01:25:04 AM »

Hellllloooooo world :)

Eventbrite booked for Edinburgh, been too too tooooooo long!!!

Another Edinburgh trip so soon :) 4th/5th July for season 9 looking possible with my new shifts

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #564 on: April 27, 2016, 02:39:55 AM »
Hi gang, hope you"re all doing well and life"s treating you great.

Just thought I"d stick a wee post in here following our trip to Glasgow"s Tollcross International Swimming event at the weekend to witness the incredibly talented offspring of Mr AMRNAPAT Steve Redfern, daughter Rebecca and son Matthew. Thoroughly enjoyed catching up with him, even if for a very short time.

I"m sure most of you already saw the social media postings about these talented kids but I have to include my huge congratulations to them both on their amazing feats. I truly hope and believe that they"ll both go on to much bigger and better things in future. Hard to imagine Rebecca beating a world record that"s stood for 14 years could be topped, and Matthew beating his PB"s every day he was in the pool, but I believe some day in the not too distant future it may well be by both. I feel privileged that I witnessed a couple of their fantastic achievements and will hope to do so again.

Glad to also report that I"ve returned to the felt recently, with interest from a group of keen work mates, played 3 live tournaments in Glasgow in the past couple of months, cashing in 2 of them for £270 and £100. Also attempting to spin up my bankroll on Coral during that time with Freerolls and low stakes cash tables, so far up to £55, steady and slow progress but I"m not in any rush.

Well done to all of you who"ve had a great season, I"ve been seriously missing the APAT events in particular. Was also great to catch up with Tom Clark at my most recent Glasgow game and I"ll look forward to joining you all for something next season.

Cheers
Grant