Author Topic: BioBlinx  (Read 2561 times)

BioBlinx

• Bronze Member
BioBlinx
« on: November 26, 2007, 15:33:09 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?

David Graham

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

Check me out on facebook thats where any pics of me will be :)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Carlisle, up north in Cumbria

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

Well, huge poker enthusiast for a start :P. Work for Ladbrokes, would love to work withing the gaming industry. 20yo just enjoying life atm, tried uni, didnt like it :P No commitments or anything like that, its great :D.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?

Started playing probably 2 years ago now just before going off to uni (perfect really). Learnt online, started playing limit poker but quickly moved to NL and never went back to limit. Play mostly cash now at the low levels, 25NL - 50NL. I read and watch as much poker as I can, read books on poker and pokerplayer magazine. Watch anything but things like high stakes poker are my favourite.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?

Im seen as rather quite tight, and that would be true. I take a tight aggressive template and then adapt to my situations but I play the different styles if the situation requires.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?

Well, I really like Phill Hellmuth. Take away his ridiculous rantings and you have a poker player who"s records and achievements you can"t argue with. Daniel Negreanu is in my opinions the best player on the planet. He reads the game better than anyone, would love to play how he does. Then Gus hansen, I like his play too, he"s a very clever player. Oh Antonio Esfandiari and Phil Laak are the best combination in poker!

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?

My favourite site I think is by far PokerStars, ID BioBlinx. I don"t really know why. They"ve always got an abundance of cash games going, never not finding a game there. Their tournaments are good. Thats really the only favourite I have and the one I play on most of the time. Of course, I play the APAT tournies at BlueSQ, ID FuturisticHitman.

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?

Few and far between! I mainly concentrate on cash games online.

I played the Durham university poker invitational tournament in my student days and won that out of about 60ish.
I bubbled the Warwick Uni Series if Poker, 11th out of 100 or something. It was my first proper live bubble, so it was kind of a landmark haha :P.
I made the Final Table and came 2nd in the APAT Japanese online open in season 1
Fina Table and 9th in the APAT Slovakian online open recently in season 2

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

Rebuy tournaments. Far too many, they"re not good. Also the structures. It would be nice to see a few decent structured tournaments regularly. Most miss out important blind levels. Bring on DTD. Really need to visit there.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?

It would have been in pokerplayer magazine. Saw the page about it, saw the website, signed up and never looked back. I can"t remember the poker world pre APAT now!

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?

Standard of play is very good. Everyone seems quite competent, knows what they"re doing. Its nice to play against people like that. The tournaments are superbly ran, best I"ve entered. The structure is great too. I like the package and what they aim to offer. For the low buy-in its better than anything out there right now for the amateur player.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?

I"ve played at 4 now. Most memorable experiece is meeting great people, friendly atmosphere. Always enjoying the events.

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?

I used to play golf all the time, pre last year of 6th form. Then the work got too much, but I"m getting back into it. I also play music with mates, nothing serious, just jamming around, its good fun and de-stresses you :).

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?

Favourite book is a hard one, I"m not a big reader of fiction. I tend to read a lot of non-fiction My recent read that I thought was great was Richard Dawkins "The God Delusion". Film wise, favourite film has to be fight club.

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

My god, erm, could be so many combinations, but:

Muse - Origin of Symmetry
Biffy Clyro (any album)
can"t pick a third, would probably choose one at random from my collection

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?

Look foward to meeting familiar faces and new ones at future events.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 00:05:09 AM by BioBlinx »