Author Topic: World Poker Tour Champion Ryan Daut Joins CardRunners  (Read 6744 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
World Poker Tour Champion Ryan Daut Joins CardRunners
« on: November 28, 2007, 14:08:42 PM »
2007 WPT Carribean Adventure $1.5M Winner To Make Monthly Videos.

CardRunners.com, the leading poker instructional website, is proud to announce the addition of Ryan Daut to its roster of poker professionals. Daut will join Brian Townsend, Taylor Caby, Brian "Stinger" Hastings, Cole "cts" South, and Isaac "Mjorgenson/Mr. Menlo" Baron in producing the downloadable strategy videos that have made the site the class of the industry.

Ryan has led a charmed poker career ever since being chosen as a protégé of CardRunners co-founder Taylor "Green Plastic" Caby in the fall of 2006.  Ryan, chosen for his creativity from a pool of nearly 1,000 applicants, made quick breakthroughs after a series of personal coaching sessions with Taylor.   Just a few months later, after winning a seat to the January 2007 WPT Carribean Adventure on Paradise Island, Ryan emerged from the televised final table with the victory and over $1.5 million.

The victory, along with Ryan"s cool demeanor, fearless humor, and biting wit, quickly earned him immense popularity. He emerged as one of poker"s new young hotshots and spent the next few months tearing up the $5000 no-limit hold"em cash games for another several hundred thousand dollars in profit.    It wouldn"t be long before Ryan made his second World Poker Tour final table of the year, a 9th-place finish at the $10,000 Mandalay Bay Poker Championship. In just a single year, Ryan had transitioned from a mid-stakes workhorse to a high-stakes phenom.

Ryan continues to be one of the most popular poker bloggers on the Internet. His blog, top-rated in the CardRunners network, has generated more than a million page views monthly. A video Ryan produced unofficially and for fun in 2006 quickly gained cult status and popularity among CardRunners subscribers.

Ryan"s first official CardRunners video will be released December 12th. It will focus on mid-stakes no-limit hold"em cash games.   His secrets and strategies will be of great assistance to the nearly 8,500 CardRunners monthly subscribers, many of whom spend the bulk of their playing time in the mid-stakes games between the $100 and $1000 levels.

"I am very excited to be joining CardRunners as a lead instructor," said Ryan.   "I thought making strategy videos would be a great way to contribute my knowledge to the poker community."

"Before I had joined CardRunners as a subscriber 18 months ago, I had basically flown through the lower limits by just using better hand selection than my opponents, but had hit a wall in the higher stakes games.     I decided to join CardRunners to help improve my game, and saw immediate results. I hope that the CardRunners community will enjoy and learn from the videos I produce for them."

Taylor Caby, co-founder of CardRunners noted:

"Ryan is one of the most fundamentally sound players I"ve ever met.   Over the past year, he has added a level of creativity to his game which has helped land him among the elite poker players on the Internet."

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: World Poker Tour Champion Ryan Daut Joins CardRunners
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 14:10:40 PM »
In an interesting aside, Ryan recently joined APAT for the Amsterdam Masterclassics live update.  We wish him well with his CardRunners role.