Author Topic: APAT UK Amateur Championship: Live Update - Day One  (Read 56247 times)

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
Re: APAT UK Amateur Championship: Live Update - Day One
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »

Alan Armitage OUT

Andrew Tracey OUT

We"re on Level 13. Blinds are 2k/4k. 46 players left. Average chips around 43k.

alan armitage
i went from 70k to out in 9 hands the 3 hands i played to lose the lot was 1st hand making a move on the button with k/6 12k raise sb all in 21k priced in he has k/k the next A/9 spades into A/10 left me with 11k the next hand in the sb the cut of raise it up i see a A/3 dimonds and push the last chips in he has 8/8 to complet the total blow up
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 06:44:36 AM by bigalhx3 »

TheTrainDriver

« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2007, 10:10:28 AM »
I had an up and down tournament, donked about 13k on a set of slow-played 8"s to a rivered straight, went down to about 2k, somehow got back up to 17k, got moved to another table, got KK first hand, all-in, called by AA and thats all she wrote, and I was out in about 90th-ish

not too disappointed going out that way, but more annoyed at myself for losing most of my chips to that straight.

A good tournament all round and I was happy to know a few more people this time. Good luck to all left today, especially Offless, that A9 was great!! ;D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:13:26 AM by NutterFlush »

ian_distort

« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2007, 11:21:23 AM »
I played my heart out yesterday, had far too much fun, and gave Kinboshi a sizable spanking when my Hail Mary pre-flop shove with  qd 8s accidentally hit trips on the turn against his twice-paired ac kc

Took a couple of well-deserved beats after that, though :)

Chili, Steve, if you"re reading, here"s how our lot did:

Ginger/"Legend" John, out at 7pm
Taxi Steve, out before the 1st break
Johnny Wheels, vanished somewhere between 1st and 2nd breaks
Kev 2 Legs, early doors
Teacher Rob, out just after 1st break
Me, 11pm in 70th or so
Big Mick, 11:30pm, 65th-ish
Tony 1 Leg, 11:45pm, 60th

See you all in Cardiff!

jon_garrett

• Bronze Member
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2007, 13:17:04 PM »
So for the third tournament in a rown the little home game that I run has the chip leader at APAT with just over 20 runners left, (myself in luton, Mike Hopkinson in Walsall and Simon Auckland currently in Manchester). Toughest home game in the country??? Good luck to Simon today. Let"s hope he can do what Mike and I didn"t and take one down.

And then we can get back to our home game tomorrow night!!!

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2007, 14:07:15 PM »
GL all still in.  It was fun until it came to the drive home...

Rich hope you put my last 17k chips to good work and do the double.  (I was the one that folded my qq and got shown ak on a 10 high flop)

Had a great day, and only made two wrong plays, so looking forward to next w/e in Walsall.

Des and the team, thanks for another great tournament, maybe Cardiff will be my day!

GL all, and I"ll be watching for updates.

;D ;D ;D
Still learn the science and practicing the art

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2007, 23:32:45 PM »

PS good to meet Jack too. good guy. good player. thanks for showing the kings after I folded to his reraise.

Hi Rob, lovely to meet you and put a face to the name - shame you didn"t stick around a bit longer. I exited not too long after you when my normal fish-like game kicked in to top gear!

Thought we had a nice table yesterday, yourself, drixler (sp?)(on Blue Square), big Laz, the brummie fella, Llyr Jones (XXLOJXX - great to meet you Llyr) and the others whose names remain unknown or escape me. All friendly, chatty and played the game in the right spirit. If any of you see this, post a reply so I can put more names to faces please. See you all in Cardiff in 6 weeks time all being well.

Trademans

« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2007, 12:43:37 PM »

PS good to meet Jack too. good guy. good player. thanks for showing the kings after I folded to his reraise.

Hi Rob, lovely to meet you and put a face to the name - shame you didn"t stick around a bit longer. I exited not too long after you when my normal fish-like game kicked in to top gear!

Thought we had a nice table yesterday, yourself, drixler (sp?)(on Blue Square), big Laz, the brummie fella, Llyr Jones (XXLOJXX - great to meet you Llyr) and the others whose names remain unknown or escape me. All friendly, chatty and played the game in the right spirit. If any of you see this, post a reply so I can put more names to faces please. See you all in Cardiff in 6 weeks time all being well.

Great to meet u to Jack...  Was an excellent table & really enjoyed the banter through the day from all...  Some interesting hands and plays.  Shame I got knocked out by Richeo in the end, when he sat down at the table I did say to myself Im not going out to Rich (after he knocked me out in Ger"s the night before), but unfortunatly my A9 shove out of position was called by rich"s 10"s!  

Learnt a lot from the day & can hopefully make it to final next time......

dieseldo

« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2007, 20:01:40 PM »

Kev 2 legs is out :(  all he said was king jacks ****e so hes on his way back here

trying to get hold of kev2legs or tony1 leg, i took his phone number on saturday but misread it,anyone know him ask him 2 call taxi steve, burkie should have my number