Author Topic: Wilson Goes Donking..  (Read 11659 times)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Re: Wilson Goes Donking..
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 10:05:12 AM »
Friday and Saturday night out in Newcastle is epic, you will be amazed!!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »
Good luck Mike, look forward to seeing how you go.

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 11:55:47 AM »
have a nice journey

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 12:51:33 PM »
Have a great weekend Mike and a safe journey. Your passion for poker shines through.
It was good to meet you in Coventry and look forward to seeing you again in Newcastle. I"m sure you mentioned that you sometimes played cash games in Manchester (maybe I am mistaken).
Anyway make sure you don"t go betting 4000 instead of 400 when the blinds are 50 &100   :D I can"t remember how many times I told you what the black chips are worth  
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 13:26:20 PM »
Time to pull over and have a break.. Just parked up in a service station just outside York. I"ve found the nearest burger king!! Yummy! Think ill have an hours rest or so. Then carry on - Only 67miles to go!

Cheers Mark. Hope your doing the bunch of fives tournament later, you"ve been doing well in it. I think this weeks your week!

Cheers Craig.. You do have the right person! See you up there I"ll be the one who once again will be throwing the wrong coloured chips in the middle every now and again.

And a special thankyou to the dead flies on my windscreen for once again making my car look unclean!

See you in Newcastle!

*Edit

"You have reached your Destination!" ;D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:25:05 AM by AVFC.WILSON »

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 17:00:01 PM »

Just a quick update after the first 3 levels..

Up to 12,750 in chips, hole cards have been quite lively, having seen pocket 10"s and pocket 9"s on three occasions.

At one point I played seven-two flopped a seven and rivered the two to win a fairly big pot.

Apart from that having quad nines was nice but a shame nobody had good enough cards to call and pay me off..

Also at my table:
Mary Martin. 7.5k
Ger Smythe Snr. 26k

Average stack = 11.2k
139 remain.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:27:42 AM by AVFC.WILSON »

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 19:25:03 PM »
After 6 levels my chip stack is slowly diminishing - I"ve got 10,075 well below the average stack size of 15k.

Not really much to report on I"ve been totally card dead the last 3 levels folding almost every hand.

At one point I was down to around 3k in chips. But my pocket 6"s held up on a board of A 7 4 7 4.

Dinner time now! about time I"m starving!

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 21:14:35 PM »

Villian does for Villan

Colin O"Prey takes out the short-stacked Mike AVFC Wilson

QQ v J10ss

80%-20% Pre-Flop, I"m always looking to loose that race. Nevermind.

I"ve got Day 2 to Explore The North East...

First a trip to St. James" Park home of Newcastle United

Next stop - The Stadium Of Light home of Sunderland AFC

And finally a casual stroll along the seafront at Seaham before yet another ridiculously long journey home.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:55:16 AM by AVFC.WILSON »

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 16:59:03 PM »

Why the long absence anyway? Will we be seeing you at some live events this year?

WOW... it"s been a long time since I've updated my blog. A few people have asked where I've been for a whole year, well here is my explanation...

After APAT Cardiff last year I had planned to do two more events (The Worlds at DTD & Irish Amateur Championships) as it came closer to the events, work commitments took over...

Anyway... In June I had quite a big win on Betfred. In turn this gave me an opportunity to do things I hadn"t done before.

(June-August) The first thing I wanted to do was learn to play golf. I had a few lessons and soon I was hooked, I decided to buy my own set of clubs and spent any spare time I had would be spent either at the local driving range or playing the odd 9-holes or even 18-holes.

(August 5th) Me and a few mates went up to Old Trafford for Paul Scholes" Testimonial game. A game in which he opened the scoring with a trademark strike from 25 yards out. Manchester United went on to win the game 6-0 Against New York Cosmos.

(September) The next crazy idea I had was to buy myself a road bike and enter myself into a triathlon. So I spent just eight weeks prior to the 25th September 2011 getting into shape.

I raised £148.01 for Marie Curie Cancer Care  :)

Results Here! http://www.tri247.com/results_10430.html (I finished 215th out of 318, So not bad for a first attempt)

(October) Not a great deal happened. The majority of the month was spent at work, apart from that I decided that after about 5 years that I wanted to take up hockey again so I rejoined Ludlow Hockey Club.

(October 25th) For my 21st Birthday a few mates had arranged a surprise. A minibus full of us descended upon Monmore Green the Greyhound Racing Stadium in Wolverhampton and bought a party package that included Free Bets, Free Drink and Free Food.

(November) Yet again the majority of the month was spent at work. After speaking to a couple of managers on a training day we agreed that the workplace should do more to raise money and awareness for a couple of different charities. For the duration of November we all decided to grow a beard/moustache for Movember to raise awareness for Prostate Cancer.

We raised over £100 for Prostate Cancer!

(December 3rd) I got my first start for Ludlow Hockey Club; we went on to win the game 7-2 against Old Wulfrunians North. Later that same day I drove down to Villa Park for the evening kick-off against Manchester United. Yet another poor performance from Villa this season saw them loose 1-0 at the hands of a Manchester United who didn't look a great deal better.

(December 17) The most highly anticipated staff event of the year. Our annual staff Christmas party. Thought it was worth mentioning that we actually held a piss-up in a brewery. Great night!

(The rest of December) Was spent at home, mostly in bed - I had flu for two weeks and missed most of Christmas. But was able to bring in New Years in style.

January 1st 2012.

(January 24th-31st) I took a week's holiday off work and went to see a friend who had invited me down to Cardiff. We were able to get tickets to the League Cup semi-final second leg. Although the match finished just 1-0 it meant that the game had to be decided in extra time. After 120 minutes of football the score was still level on aggregate, the match ended up going to a penalty shoot-out which Cardiff won 3-1. It is one of the most memorable nights of football I have witnessed.

So there you are up to date with whats been going on!
Hope to see you all in season 6!

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2012, 19:06:24 PM »
Can"t complain after the first 3 levels. Up to 25k in chips.

Also flopped quad kings which at the moment I"ve been informed makes me eligible to get a free entry into the Goliath tournament.

A good start so far!!

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2012, 21:25:00 PM »
Up to 31k.. But that doesn"t really reflect how the last 3 levels have gone..

My chip stack had been slowly diminishing being card dead for 3 levels is an agonising grind, and at times I felt like shoving just for some action - I managed to find a spot to limp in with 78. And luckily flopped 5 6 9 to get a straight. Somehow at this point all my chips ended up in the middle and I had to dodge another spade on the board to stay in the tournament.

PHEW!!!