Author Topic: Folding QQ preflop?  (Read 4914 times)

john111_x

Folding QQ preflop?
« on: July 02, 2011, 15:47:57 PM »
Everytime I get QQ i lose. I bet on the flop, get put all in (with only undercards on the board), I call the all in, and have the guy dominated. Then he catches 2 pair, trips, runner runner flush, etc.

Would I be better off just folding this hand preflop? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but had I not been playing QQ for the past 2 weeks I would be up $100 (at least), but instead I lose 8/10 i play it.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Re: Folding QQ preflop?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 20:12:24 PM »
Went out of my last two APAT live events with QQ, once v AJ, ace on the turn, and once v JJ, J on the turn. QQ is crap!!! :)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 21:52:42 PM »
errr - mods???
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 23:00:32 PM »

errr - mods???

googled the title of the other thread when you mentioned it.....obv he is posting on loads of other sites....must be very niave...but what is the point of this type of posting? (his not yours!)

Don"t see what is gained, or what is the aim?

Enlighten me please?!  ???
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 23:10:52 PM »
Its normally a pre-cursor to some sort of spam
Rob, you are a genius.

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 01:15:43 AM »
I folded QQ in a live tourney in Manchester today. A tight player raised from cut off after one limper. I reraised on the button and three of us saw the flop (10 high rainbow, no straight draw). first to act checks and mr.tight pushes all in. I fold.
Because of the situation and knowing the players from previous hands, even if I had two checks in front of me I would have checked behind with a view to folding even without overs on the board, unless I hit a set.
Knowing him there wasn"t a hand that he could play this way that I was beating.

In this example I haven"t stated whether it is a "one re-buy tourney"  or unlimited re-buys or F/O . I also haven"t said how big each of our stacks are. All these things have to be taken into account when deciding whether or not to fold.
More advanced players than me would also look for "tells" of the opponents and  label each player on a range of hands they could play this way from previous experience.
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »
I folded QQ pre at APAT Coventry last year after a shove and reshove. They flipped AA and KK... then there was a Q on the flop  >:(
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 22:38:45 PM »
I had AK in the BB at a $500 Venitian event in May. 29 left out of 360, 1st prize is $40,000. Button raises, I re-raise. He re-raises, I go all-in and he calls...with QQ. His QQ holds. I cash for $1200. It will take me a long time to forget that winning QQ hand (for him!).

Before anyone says, yes I know I over-played the AK. It was 1.15am after 13 hours of play. I cocked up. Annoying.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 22:48:51 PM »

I had AK in the BB at a $500 Venitian event in May. 29 left out of 360, 1st prize is $40,000. Button raises, I re-raise. He re-raises, I go all-in and he calls...with QQ. His QQ holds. I cash for $1200. It will take me a long time to forget that winning QQ hand (for him!).

Before anyone says, yes I know I over-played the AK. It was 1.15am after 13 hours of play. I cocked up. Annoying.

4 bet bluffs will be in his range here so never folding AK here. Just try winning flips ;)
Rob, you are a genius.

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 23:03:42 PM »
I agree with swinebag.
You haven"t overplayed bigslick here. His range in this spot also includes hands you are dominating such as big Aces and suited Aces.
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy