Author Topic: APAT UK Team Championship - Live Update  (Read 70986 times)

j.p.

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - Live Update
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2013, 18:41:44 PM »

Thanks to Clare Duffy for the photos.  Top Work.

haha yeah thanks Clare

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2013, 18:48:01 PM »

My first live APAT event and had a brilliant time. Thanks to all involved for putting on a great weekend.

Had some good banter and the only sour note was being called an idiot by the dealer on table 20 ;D.

Look forward to the next event.

Yea, cheeky dealers....one called me Bilbo each time it was my turn, after table said i look like him/Tim from Office :)
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2013, 18:55:46 PM »
Thanks to all the team. Top event as always.

Missed the last few events and it was great to be back.

See you all again soon.

:)

Sparkie

« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2013, 19:23:25 PM »

Well Well Well,

What another cracking weekend.

Big thanks to Leigh, Des (hope you feel better soon mate) and even Matt :).  The Dealers and staff, and everyone else involved.

Obviously it was great to win it again, even bigger bullseye on our backs next year, but the banter is always worth it :)

Thanks to all that represented the In the Muck Podcast, my baby, im glad you all had a cracking time, as i know for a lot it was their first ever APAT experience and well done to Ian Witt for his 4th place.

Thought Cecelia was a beast on day 2, and really impressed me (bright future for her in the game i believe) so well done.

Congrats to S.W.A.T (Suze works tirelessly with us in the SW) and Hendon Mob for their medal spots too.

Finally the NPF, what a great bunch!! Bellys, beer, banter! Love it!

So thanks again to all, rumour has it that APAT are just gonna put GNF in as the APAT England team at the worlds, as they are tired of the English not winning it!!!! :)

See you all soon!

Dann

Cheers Dann, and what a great weekend.  This was my first APAT tourney and I thought it was brilliant.  Great people, great atmosphere and really well organised.  I shall definitely be coming along to some more :)  Beast alert ..... :)

3N1GM4

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2013, 19:40:51 PM »
It"s been a while since I"ve been to an APAT event, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one (I spose getting a half decent result helps with that though!).

Saw lots of old faces and plenty of new ones too and it was great to play another great structured event for a modest buyin. Looking forward to whatever my next APAT will be now.

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2013, 19:41:07 PM »
From myself and Team Blue Blood Poker we"d like to congratulate the winning teams and individuals. We all really enjoyed the event and the feedback from my fellow team members was that they found it refreshing to play poker in such a friendly atmosphere, several are already asking me when the next National Live Events are and they are planning on joining the national online league.

Many thanks to APAT for organising another awesome event & hope to see you all soon.  8)

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2013, 21:32:27 PM »

M.C. ha, I finally remember who took your medal now!!! :D

Quite funny all that confusion (my memory can be awful sometimes!) - I think I almost persuaded you at one point though :)

Yours will be with you ASAP I promise!!

I spent the next 20 minutes checking and double checking my pockets and as my team mates know they are pretty deep. When you said you gave it to someone who looked exactly like me I went straight to JB. I"m intrigued to know who it was now....please don"t be Brian Frew  ;)
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2013, 22:53:14 PM »

Quite funny all that confusion (my memory can be awful sometimes!) - I think I almost persuaded you at one point though :)

I spent the next 20 minutes checking and double checking my pockets and as my team mates know they are pretty deep. When you said you gave it to someone who looked exactly like me I went straight to JB. I"m intrigued to know who it was now....please don"t be Brian Frew  ;)

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2013, 23:40:46 PM »
haha, it was you I was thinking of, not somebody who looked like you... But it transpired I didn"t give you the medal - I just thought I had...
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2013, 04:11:24 AM »
Had a blast. Coming out of retirement.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2013, 00:01:29 AM »
Awesome feedback, thank you so much everyone. :D

We"re just going to have to make this event bigger next year.  See you all there...

Cheers,

Des.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2013, 13:22:06 PM »

At Nottingham, I assume  ;)
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens