Author Topic: S5 Welcome to Nottingham Poker Club  (Read 12218 times)

shozboy1

• Silver Member
Re: S5 Welcome to Nottingham Poker Club
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 21:24:51 PM »
hi jack thanks for a great committed 2 seasons. See you next season. I myself wouldnt be able to take on the responsibility but will happily support whoever does
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 21:27:02 PM »
I"d expect no less Bal. You are the very definition of a stalwart. Thank YOU for your commitment to the cause.

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 21:29:10 PM »
A big job of the new captain will be recruitment, we are at a distinct disadvantage with the number of Nott"s players who take part when compared to the other teams, we need more players to be on an equal footing.
  Deepstack champion S2  

Tiger-flash

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
  • East Midlands capt
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 09:58:20 AM »

Related to the recent previous posts, due to my new circumstances it is my intention to stand down as Notts skipper. I"m no longer able to devote the time and effort required to keep the team firing on all cylinders.

I"ve really, really enjoyed my two year tenure and I still maintain that the night we gained the unlikeliest of promotions from Div 3 to Div 2 is the most exciting & thrilling poker moment I"ve ever had or likely to have. I"m still committed to doing what I can to help the cause but it"s likely to be limited to just playing the games in future.

I hope there"s someone among the current regulars who wants to take it on and approach the role with renewed vim & vigour. It"s vital to keep bringing new blood to the team as there"s a lot of churn, especially if the results aren"t going our way.

So who"s going to lead us to future success?
Ive thought about it and after having a word with the wife and already recruited two of my dtd and pub regulars with more to come i will give it a go boss. I might need a little bit of help at first, i could be your peter taylor (lol) to you and then take over when you cant make it. What do you think guys as im fully commited to the cause!!!!! 8)  
Apat Notts player of the season, season 5
Brookfield pub Redtooth champion
Darly Abbey pub champion

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 13:00:14 PM »
If you"re happy to, I"d much prefer you to take over completely. I"ll be more than happy to offer any help or advice if asked but I don"t have the time to do the role justice and get the recruitment done that we need. It sounds like you have plenty of contacts that will hopefully turn into regular players without needing to devote a whole load of time to it.

What we need above all is someone who is brimming with enthusiasm and you seem to have that in spades.

So here"s to a great season 6! Best of luck Simon and don"t hesitate to ask if you need some advice.

Tiger-flash

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
  • East Midlands capt
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »

If you"re happy to, I"d much prefer you to take over completely. I"ll be more than happy to offer any help or advice if asked but I don"t have the time to do the role justice and get the recruitment done that we need. It sounds like you have plenty of contacts that will hopefully turn into regular players without needing to devote a whole load of time to it.

What we need above all is someone who is brimming with enthusiasm and you seem to have that in spades.

So here"s to a great season 6! Best of luck Simon and don"t hesitate to ask if you need some advice.
ok, lets do thissssssssssss!
Apat Notts player of the season, season 5
Brookfield pub Redtooth champion
Darly Abbey pub champion

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 12:49:44 PM »

ok, lets do thissssssssssss!

Where"s me feckin" "like" button?!?! :)