Author Topic: The Fossil does Vegas  (Read 328411 times)

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Re: The Fossil does Vegas
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 23:35:47 PM »
Cringeeeeeeee  :-[ Just read it again and was about to hit delete when I see Ger has quoted me  :-[ :D

Edit.. Now the penny has dropped I am even more curious about this bit LOL

"Some one suggested a zoo, not a full zoo just one which contained rhinos apparently, I am assuming it is a conservation type establishment so I agree to put in a donation or 2.
It was not a zoo, again I am too green for this place, although I made several donations and I hope the rhino survives at least for another couple of years." ???
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 23:51:12 PM by suzanne »

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 00:07:00 AM »

Cringeeeeeeee  :-[ Just read it again and was about to hit delete when I see Ger has quoted me  :-[ :D

"Some one suggested a zoo, not a full zoo just one which contained rhinos apparently, I am assuming it is a conservation type establishment so I agree to put in a donation or 2.
It was not a zoo, again I am too green for this place, although I made several donations and I hope the rhino survives at least for another couple of years." ???

The rhino"s are fed daily on spearmint  ;D
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 00:22:48 AM »
Pleasure to meet you Brian, awesome results and a top top guy!
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 00:35:32 AM »
I"ve just read this from start to finish and would like to thank you for a v pleasant read. It was great to meet you (albeit v briefly) and congrats on your successes out there.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 08:42:10 AM »

The rhino"s are fed daily on spearmint  ;D

The gift that keeps on giving...lol

Great read and nice to meet you this past week.   :)

Supernova

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 15:54:35 PM »
Likewise, I enjoyed reading this and it was a pleasure to meet you Brian :)
APAT UK Team Championships 2011 18th
APAT Welsh Championships 2012 13th
APAT European 2012 6max 3rd Bronze Medal
APAT Home Internationals 2012 Omaha S/E 3rd
APAT WCOAP 2013 Stud S/E 14th
APAT WCOAP 2013 H.O.R.S.E S/E 7th
APAT English Championship 2013 3rd Bronze Medal

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 02:36:51 AM »
Back to reality tonight with the £30 self deal at Gala, 4 tables of mahjong in the background, nice and relaxing.
As per usual ended up dealing till 11pm, then got moved tables, to cut a long story short,was the bubble boy ran J9 suited into AA hit a flush draw and the 9 on the flop but didnt improve.
Saver had been agreed half an hour before so doubled my money.
Pays for the game with the Stockton boys on Thursday.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 16:41:24 PM »

The first hand I remember was JP raised (JJ), I reraised with (AQ) folds round to JP who flats, I can"t remember chip stacks at the time but had enough to 3 bet fold or shove depending upon situation.The flop comes down with 3 low cards, no flush or str8 draws both check, turn again a low card JP checks I bet out, JP asks me if he shoves would I fold, I have to inform him we are not allowed to talk about the hand, and after a small dwell he folds, I breathe a huge sigh of relief, he still doesn"t believe that I had AQ there to this day but I honestly did mate.

I have put in bold for you the only true statements within this paragraph ;)

Great spending time with you last week - Keep the run and the blog going
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 18:59:23 PM »

The first hand I remember was JP raised (JJ), I reraised with (AQ) folds round to JP who flats, I can"t remember chip stacks at the time but had enough to 3 bet fold or shove depending upon situation.The flop comes down with 3 low cards, no flush or str8 draws both check, turn again a low card JP checks I bet out, JP asks me if he shoves would I fold, I have to inform him we are not allowed to talk about the hand, and after a small dwell he folds, I breathe a huge sigh of relief, he still doesn"t believe that I had AQ there to this day but I honestly did mate.

QFT

Intend to personally bring this run to a big creaming carwreck of a halt tomorrow night :)
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 19:21:02 PM »

QFT

Intend to personally bring this run to a big creaming carwreck of a halt tomorrow night :)

Join the queue son :-)
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 19:24:44 PM »

QFT

lol :D

not looked so much forward to a thursday in a long time, the love is back!!
England C Captain 2012

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 22:25:04 PM »

QFT

lol :D

not looked so much forward to a thursday in a long time, the love is back!!

we"ll soon knock that out of you...
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 14:17:31 PM »
By we you mean motson yes? Bring it on!! Drunk poker ftw!!
England C Captain 2012

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 12:41:02 PM »
Well, they tried to take me down, but skill and luck prevailed and i managed to finsh 2cd las night at Rileys.
Both of the posters above tried in vain to take my chips but failed, although i did go in behind against Stuarts AJ with K 10, the J on the flop gave him more hope, but when you are running well the K was always going to bink on the river, ul Stu standard play at that stage.

Credit Card bill arrived today with hotel bill on it, again a big thanks to whoever got that rate for Vegas ridiculous price for 6 nights, out tonight to a home game with the person who first showed me how to play poker a few years ago, he robbed a few of us blind in the first few weeks, but times have changed since the early days, not driving tonight so beer and chilli and good banter will occur.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 12:59:49 PM »

again a big thanks to whoever got that rate for Vegas ridiculous price for 6 nights,

Rich Baker - Curly FYI
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb