Author Topic: I took a holiday recently...***COMPLETE***  (Read 27203 times)

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
I took a holiday recently...***COMPLETE***
« on: December 02, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »
(The TR parts will be x-posted over at Blonde in our wedding blog over there)

So...here it is.

This will be the thread chronicling a recent trip I took to that magical place otherwise known as Las Vegas, Nevada. I was lucky enough to be part of a magical event that I will remember for the rest of my days, along with 50-60 of my friends and family. I"m pretty sure you can all guess what that event was...

As we are still on Vegas on Middle Eastern time for some reason (I sure loved waking up at 2.30am this morning, awesome!) this could take a few days. After all, I honestly think this could turn into a book, never mind an epic trip report.

Oh yeah, just to add, I got married as well whilst I was out there.

Hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 22:03:21 PM by sharplea »
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: I took a holiday recently...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 11:23:21 AM »
Really not interested.  Can you blog about something else please ?

;D

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »

;D

Yeah...Vegas is soooo over!
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 11:43:31 AM »
Limit Razz report please ;D

Okay I guess you can just do it in order then
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 17:36:24 PM »
Did you play any Pai Gow when you were over there? I hear it"s the new Black  ;D
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 22:07:18 PM »
Sent you a little wedding present to your Stars acc, spin it up  :D

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 08:52:07 AM »
You may have noticed the lack of blog posts so far. This has something to do with the small minor issue of lack of sleep leading to can"tbearsed syndrome. I will start, I promise!

;D

Not allowed, sorry!

Limit Razz report please ;D

Okay I guess you can just do it in order then

It"s going to be in order, obv. Have you forgotten about my OCD?

Did you play any Pai Gow when you were over there? I hear it"s the new Black  ;D

I did play a small amount, yes. Sadly, a small amount was literally 10 mins.

Sent you a little wedding present to your Stars acc, spin it up  :D

I noticed, cheers! Hopefully I can spin it up...

[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Joobie538

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 09:00:55 AM »

I have been Harrassed for the the last 2 days by someone to get this online so for all that missed it:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D5EOF44EhI[/youtube]

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:31:52 AM »
Awwwwwwwwwwww

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 10:40:04 AM »
Very happy to have been one of the friends "from many different countries" to help you celebrate your wedding.

May you have many years of happiness together.

Stuart & Amanda

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 10:43:57 AM »

I vagely remember that 10 minutes.  :-\

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »

I vagely remember that 10 minutes.  :-\

LOL

[  ] concentrating on Pai Gow

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 10:44:05 AM »
Now that I have sufficiently recovered from jet-lag, I bring to you part 1 of many...

Day -1: Tuesday 15th November 2011, aka Running Around Like A Headless Chicken Day!

Before we start, I'd just like to point out that there is no better feeling than the anticipation of the trip of a lifetime, as I'm sure many of us who went to Vegas are aware. However, waking up on the day you're supposed to be leaving having a million and one things to do.not so much fun! In her infinite wisdom, Joobs had decided that although we were leaving for London on the Tuesday, she was actually going to work on the Monday so she would get everything done before she left.

[   ] This happened.

Needless to say we were still in her work at 7.30pm on the Monday night trying to get everything done. This left Tuesday to sort out the house. 

And pack.

And get the train, complete with 3 suitcases, 1 wedding dress in a box and 1 wedding suit to London, at 2pm.

It got even more fun when Joobs disappeared to have her nails done before she left, which turned out to not be the best idea we've ever had! Somehow we managed to finish all the packing, make the house look tidy, get Joobs' nails done, sort out money for exchanging and leave by 2pm. Because we live 5 minutes away from the train station (under normal circumstances) I was in no uncertain terms told that no, we were not getting a cab to the train station. Needless to say this sure was a good idea! 15 minutes it took to walk to the train station, and Joobs still has the bruises from the wedding dress box hitting her legs!

Once we got to the train station we had enough time to get through the barriers (tickets already sorted out well in advance) and thankfully the train was due to depart from the closest platform. Win number 1. Win number 2 was when we got on the train. I'd booked a table seat for the laptop, and naturally so had half the world and we were supposed to be sharing our table all the way to London. We were the first ones on the train (started at Chester) and so Joobs had commandeered the table for our use. The couple who had booked the other 2 seats glanced at their seats, then Joobs' maniacal look, then the wedding dress box proudly sat on the table and realised that the dress box wasn't getting moved.

And left. Awesome.

Train journey was a doddle and we arrived into London Euston right on time. Joobs decided she was hungry and I had to go to London Victoria to change some money at a very good exchange rate (I got 1.60 whereas in Chester I was lucky to get 1.55) so I left her at Euston with the luggage and quickly zipped to/from Victoria to change the cash. Sadly, by the time I got back to Euston it was clearly rush hour on the Tube and the journey to Travelodge Heathrow Central was a nightmare. We had to take a train from Euston to Green Park and then Green Park to Hounslow West (well, some crappy place out there anyway). Euston to Green Park wasn't that bad, just hot. Green Park to Hounslow? That was just horrible. I had trouble breathing at one point, and we were stood on the Tube for the whole 45 minute journey, complete with bags jammed against us. Just to cap things off, there was an old, unkempt looking labourer guy stood against the ventilation window. When we left Green Park, he farted. The whole carriage turned green. I still, to this day, never want to smell anything like that again. It was worse than anything I've ever smelt before and I'm struggling to describe it without heaving. Needless to say he carried on doing this all the way until he got off.

At Hounslow West.

FML.

FML.

FOL!

Finally managed to get off the train only to find that there was no lift and we had to lug all the suitcases and luggage up some stairs. Just what you need when you have been travelling for 5hrs! Eventually get them up the stairs and find a bus to the hotel. Bus drops us straight outside the Travelodge and 2 very very exhausted Vegas Vengeance travellers collapse in the hotel, not before grabbing some food and watching England beat Sweden 1-0. Quick shower and then bed, although stupidly excited about what is to come the next day.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:45:36 AM by sharplea »

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 13:43:53 PM »
Great write up  :D  :D  :D I can only say....Women and Smelly People  ::)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 14:28:59 PM »