Author Topic: Pokerstars Job Opportunity  (Read 2582 times)

UKChamp

• Silver Member
  • Yesterdays hero
Pokerstars Job Opportunity
« on: January 07, 2008, 19:36:28 PM »
I have a contact in the recruitment profession, who deals with placing qualified accountants.

One of the many emails that cross my desk was this role with Pokerstars. I thought there maybe someone on here who maybe keen, if so mail me and ill give you the agents details.

Role:               Accounts Manager
Company:       Pokerstars      http://www.pokerstars.com/              
Salary :            40-45k plus 5k car allowance, rental allowance (£750-£1000 per month for two years= £18000-£24000)

PokerStars (www.pokerstars.com), home to the last two World Series of Poker Champions (WSOP) and to the prestigious World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP), is acknowledged as the world"s leader in online poker tournaments. Since its foundation in 2001 it has hosted over ten million poker tournaments awarding over $1billion in prize money, and dealt over 2 billion hands at its tables. PokerStars is expected to complete it"s relocation of operations to the Island during the second half of this year.

Responsibilities:

Prepare month end accounts to review stage with an aim to streamlining and improving the current month end timetable
Prepare year end statutory accounts to review stage in line with current International Accounting Standards.
Responsible for the preparation of year end files for the audit review and assist with audit queries
Assist with bringing monthly management accounts in line with year end statutory accounts to help reduce the workloads at year end
Assist with the consolidation of Group accounts
Assist with day to day accounting activities
Develop processes and procedures.

Skills

Qualified Accountant. Ideally newly qualified but not essential.
Recent auditing experience would be considered an advantage.
Good knowledge of International Accounting Standards.

In addition we need a team player who:

Thrives on challenges.
Has a desire to succeed.
Has an eye for detail.
Can demonstrate excellent communication skills.

In addition to the annual salary we can offer relocation assistance; a housing rental allowance of £750 per month for two years a cash car allowance (minimum £5000); free membership of our private health care scheme; generous annual bonus; 25 days holiday plus 10 public holidays