Author Topic: Leeds Poker Club - Captain  (Read 3900 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Leeds Poker Club - Captain
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:50:44 AM »
Like a few others I too am stepping down as Captain.

Finishing on a high or a low? I"m not quite sure. We did manage to secure promotion to Division 1 for next season but it"s disappointing not to have won Division 2 after being in contention all season. Hats off to Glasgow though, particularly Gerry who did a great job as Captain.

If there is a change in format next season I may stick my hat in the ring to be captain again but I think it"s only right that others should be given the option should they wish it.

I have no information other than the discussion on this forum, but it it were to change to regions and there was a "Scotland" team and a "Yorkshire" team then I probably need to be a player rather than a captain to help with the dilema I would face.  ???

If things stay as they are I don"t think I am the best person to recruit the players we would need to compete in Division 1, mainly as I don"t play enough live poker in Leeds.

It"s been fun, and good luck to you all next season whatever that brings.

Stuart

graparr

Re: Leeds Poker Club - Captain
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:44:30 AM »

Like a few others I too am stepping down as Captain.

Finishing on a high or a low? I"m not quite sure. We did manage to secure promotion to Division 1 for next season but it"s disappointing not to have won Division 2 after being in contention all season. Hats off to Glasgow though, particularly Gerry who did a great job as Captain.

If there is a change in format next season I may stick my hat in the ring to be captain again but I think it"s only right that others should be given the option should they wish it.

I have no information other than the discussion on this forum, but it it were to change to regions and there was a "Scotland" team and a "Yorkshire" team then I probably need to be a player rather than a captain to help with the dilema I would face.  ???

If things stay as they are I don"t think I am the best person to recruit the players we would need to compete in Division 1, mainly as I don"t play enough live poker in Leeds.

It"s been fun, and good luck to you all next season whatever that brings.

Stuart

Stuart you did well and was good to have u as captain lets see what happens

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 12:43:26 PM »
N1 Stu! :) You"re far to busy keeping those balls in the air!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:45:28 PM by Mikeyboy9361 »
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 13:04:24 PM »
Thanks for your efforts as captain mate. Would like to keep you as a player.

Surely you are an adopted Yorkshireman.   ;D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 13:18:28 PM »
Don't be too hasty Stuart, like you said we don't know what the format is for next year. But whatever happens, thank you for being a grate captain

jockey

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 13:57:55 PM »
thanks for all your work stuart hope you stay on  ad1 ad1 ad1 ad1
Yorkshire team member luton 2013 
UKCOAP GOLD MEDAL WINNER 2013                                                                    LBPN team member stoke 2014
LBPN team member Manchester 2014 LBPN team member 16/17.
PUNTERS LOUNGE TEAM GOLD MEDAL WINNERS 2018