Author Topic: A Year (and a couple of weeks) In Poker!  (Read 28726 times)

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
  • Vague memories of being in Vegas
Re: A Year (and a couple of weeks) In Poker!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 20:43:57 PM »
No joy for Danny yesterday as he ran QQ into KK early on.

Christmas shopping pretty much complete. Still need to get a couple of bottles of Oyster Bay for Christmas day - love the New Zealand Sauvignons. A conversation turned to Toblerones too yesterday and have a fancy for some of them as a result - well, it is Christmas! Got an interesting couple of days ahead work wise. Travelling to Glasgow in the morning and gotta be in Sheffield tomorrow night! Still, variety is the spice of life so they say.

The current plan for Friday night looks good. Apparently Joe and Danny are coming down to see me and we"re gonna have a couple of pints and a Chinese meal. Their plans have been known to change mind you, but it will be a perfect start to the Christmas weekend if they do make an appearance.

My next poker trip will be the DTD January deepstack - it"s two weeks Friday so will soon come around. The plan is to travel up Friday and play on the Saturday. APAT weekends have got me into this habit so it seems.  ;D ;D
APAT Scotland runner up 2008
APAT Sotland final table 2009
If it's not in Scotland you can forget it!

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 20:50:57 PM »
Shame you"re not in Glasgow a bit longer Glenn, would"ve been happy to invite you up for dinner and a couple of beers. Sounds like there"s more business than pleasure in your day and a fair amount of rushing around. Will def catch up in Brighton mate.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 20:55:04 PM »
Thanks Grant - yep it"s a flying visit (literally I land at 8am at Glasgow airport) and am heading down to Sheffield early afternoon. See you in Brighton - I"m all booked up and looking forward to that one.

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 21:26:38 PM »
I don"t know why I watched this short video and thought of Ger, but I did lol. What do you reckon???   ;D ;D

Love the whiskey bottle on the table too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiPV5GQVTt8

(don"t know how to embed videos, any tips?)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 22:00:08 PM »
Bite me fish  ;D  ay least I can embed the fecking thing

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiPV5GQVTt8[/youtube]

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 19:33:04 PM »
Happy New Year one and all. I"ve been down with the man flu and needed lots of sympathy and hot lemon drinks, but have emerged out of it now so attention turns to poker in 2012.

I should set goals so will have a go but as long as I dont lose chunks I"ll be happy. I enjoy poker, like many APATers, as an enjoyable hobby and enjoy the social side. But having said that I"m competitive and like to win (even if it doesn"t happen much!) and am always looking to develop my game to be the best that I can.

So what would I like to achieve on the felt? I would like to add at least 5 flags to my Hendon Mob stats this year. The most I"ve added in any year is four, so that would be progress. Ambitiously I"d like to cash in a World Series event (wont be playing many so this will be tough, so would also take a deep run in a Venetian Deepstack or Caesars megastack series event) and I"d also like to win more than $3,600 in a single event as that is my largest cash on my stats so far. I"ll probably epic fail on all three, but targets should be tough and we"ll give it a go.

My first live event of the year is the deepstack at DTD this weekend. Hoping to get there for the Friday night Guinness satellite but that depends on work. It"s a great comp this month with a 30k starting stack so it"s worth travelling to. That will be followed two weeks later by APAT Brighton, so I should have plenty of reason to update this thread in the next few weeks. 

Also I"m keeping my eyes open for the confirmation of the WSOP dates - they should be out in January and I always book the time off work straight away and get everything booked. Already looking at hotel prices and trying to decide if I should stay at Harrahs again as it was such good value in November or pay more to stay at the Venetian as I love that hotel. Harrahs is the sensible choice but I will be going for 2 weeks so could split the trip between the two. Decisions decisions.........

Will keep you posted  :)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 20:55:25 PM »
Good Luck with the Goals Glen.

I have a goal to get to Vegas again this year but I need to fund it from my bankroll.

Venetian is the nutz.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 17:06:25 PM »

Happy New Year one and all. I"ve been down with the man flu and needed lots of sympathy and hot lemon drinks, but have emerged out of it now so attention turns to poker in 2012.

I should set goals so will have a go but as long as I dont lose chunks I"ll be happy. I enjoy poker, like many APATers, as an enjoyable hobby and enjoy the social side. But having said that I"m competitive and like to win (even if it doesn"t happen much!) and am always looking to develop my game to be the best that I can.

So what would I like to achieve on the felt? I would like to add at least 5 flags to my Hendon Mob stats this year. The most I"ve added in any year is four, so that would be progress. Ambitiously I"d like to cash in a World Series event (wont be playing many so this will be tough, so would also take a deep run in a Venetian Deepstack or Caesars megastack series event) and I"d also like to win more than $3,600 in a single event as that is my largest cash on my stats so far. I"ll probably epic fail on all three, but targets should be tough and we"ll give it a go.

My first live event of the year is the deepstack at DTD this weekend. Hoping to get there for the Friday night Guinness satellite but that depends on work. It"s a great comp this month with a 30k starting stack so it"s worth travelling to. That will be followed two weeks later by APAT Brighton, so I should have plenty of reason to update this thread in the next few weeks. 

Also I"m keeping my eyes open for the confirmation of the WSOP dates - they should be out in January and I always book the time off work straight away and get everything booked. Already looking at hotel prices and trying to decide if I should stay at Harrahs again as it was such good value in November or pay more to stay at the Venetian as I love that hotel. Harrahs is the sensible choice but I will be going for 2 weeks so could split the trip between the two. Decisions decisions.........

Will keep you posted  :)

Good luck with the targets Glen. I would not make them too tough though as targets should be achievable, although it depends on if they are set for fun or if they are something you are really going to put in a lot of effort to achieve.
Five flags sounds like a lot, how many live events will you be playing about and what WSOP events are you going to be in. Will you be playing the deepstack each month? I like to have people to support on the update threads :-)
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 19:21:41 PM »
Steve the targets are not ones that I"ll lose any sleep over, I guess I"m trying to anticipate what I would view as a good year at the end of 2012.

5 flags sounds a lot, but I managed 4 last year (including a Spanish and an American flag) and at the moment I"m expecting to play more this year. It"s difficult to predict my monthly volume of (ranking) live tournies, but it will probably be one only in most months, with a mad "let"s go for it" two weeks in Vegas in the summer and hopefully a few days at the APAT worlds. I doubt I"ll play the DTD deepstack every month - I"m keen to try the Fox Poker Club monthly £300 which normally happens the same time as DTD"s. It gets fewer runners but still has a five figure top prize and is a lot closer to me for travelling. Other trips will emerge - I"d love to attend the Irish Open at Easter but I can"t do them all and the main event would be beyond my bankroll. I also like UKIPT"s although the higher buy in means that emerging tours like Gentings will be worth a look.  I dont tend to plan too far in advance for weekend tournies, so my plans may well change.

As for the WSOP aim, it"s something I"d like to achieve as I"ve been to the Series for the last 5 years and played one or two events each time and so far have zero cashes, so I"d like to break that duck. I"ve twice played the $1,500 shootout, 10 players per table and winner progresses to next round and is guaranteed a cash. Each time I"ve finished 2nd  :"( :"( - the first time to Vince Van Patten, the WPT commentator ffs! Last summer my over pair was crushed by a flopped straight and with the blinds getting high I couldn"t get away from it. This year I expect I"ll play 2 or 3 events, but I"m changing my routine this year and planning a trip around main event time. Will try a few satellites for it but will probably be confined to railing the big one. So the cashing at the WSOP target is more in hope than expectation. The schedule will be out soon so I"ll start studying it straight away!

Finally, if I don"t manage a WSOP cash this year, there will still be hope. In 2013 I"ll be eligible for a new event - the Veterans!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 19:26:11 PM by Bigfella42 »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 21:30:59 PM »
Cheer Glen, good luck with it. Vegas at the time of the WSOP sound excellent as well.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 23:02:45 PM »
Dannys runing deep in the Big $22, 32 left as I  speak. This hand made me laugh lol

PokerStars Game #73296747946: Tournament #554010393, $20+$2 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXXII (3600/7200) - 2012/01/04 22:47:08 WET [2012/01/04 17:47:08 ET]
Table "554010393 38" 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: olrie (231112 in chips)
Seat 2: WINSW (100100 in chips)
Seat 4: jamal188 (418690 in chips)
Seat 5: Laming1 (354632 in chips)
Seat 6: donkey snatch (243774 in chips)
Seat 7: jamerOK (331106 in chips)
Seat 8: Naphoc (433028 in chips)
Seat 9: kaym1005 (133800 in chips)
olrie: posts the ante 900
WINSW: posts the ante 900
jamal188: posts the ante 900
Laming1: posts the ante 900
donkey snatch: posts the ante 900
jamerOK: posts the ante 900
Naphoc: posts the ante 900
kaym1005: posts the ante 900
kaym1005: posts small blind 3600
olrie: posts big blind 7200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
WINSW: folds
jamal188: folds
Laming1: raises 10000 to 17200
donkey snatch: folds
jamerOK: folds
Naphoc: folds
kaym1005: calls 13600
olrie: folds
*** FLOP *** [As 2h 4s]
kaym1005: checks
Laming1: checks
*** TURN *** [As 2h 4s] [Qc]
kaym1005: checks
Laming1: bets 18000
kaym1005: calls 18000
*** RIVER *** [As 2h 4s Qc] [Ks]
kaym1005: bets 97700 and is all-in
Laming1: calls 97700
*** SHOW DOWN ***
kaym1005: shows [Kc Qs] (two pair, Kings and Queens)
Laming1: shows [3s 8s] (a flush, Ace high)
Laming1 collected 280200 from pot
kaym1005 finished the tournament in 40th place and received $116.85.
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 280200 | Rake 0
Board [As 2h 4s Qc Ks]
Seat 1: olrie (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: WINSW folded before Flop (didn"t bet)
Seat 4: jamal188 folded before Flop (didn"t bet)
Seat 5: Laming1 showed [3s 8s] and won (280200) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 6: donkey snatch folded before Flop (didn"t bet)
Seat 7: jamerOK folded before Flop (didn"t bet)
Seat 8: Naphoc (button) folded before Flop (didn"t bet)
Seat 9: kaym1005 (small blind) showed [Kc Qs] and lost with two pair, Kings and Queens

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 23:08:29 PM »
LOL Uncle Glenn there is a fine line between genius and lunacy  ;D

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 23:35:26 PM »
Just busted the satellite in frustrating style. Was going along fine had 26k at 400/800/100 which was over average
only 15 more to bust for a seat. Raised with king queen to 2200 and big bling called. Flop was queen rag rag he led for 4500 i raised to 12k. He flats and checks the 6 on the turn. With so much invested i shove. He called with jack queen and the river was a jack of course. He had 500 chips more than me. Its my blog so bad beat stories are allowed.
Roll on tomorrow. Im on the fosters now having phoned my nephews to force them to listen to my story! they were duly sympathetic although i expect they weren"t really listening!! still i feel so much better now and sympathetic posts are welcome.
Still loving poker though, and im determined to run good tomorrow.......

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 00:10:57 AM »

Just busted the satellite in frustrating style. Was going along fine had 26k at 400/800/100 which was over average
only 15 more to bust for a seat. Raised with king queen to 2200 and big bling called. Flop was queen rag rag he led for 4500 i raised to 12k. He flats and checks the 6 on the turn. With so much invested i shove. He called with jack queen and the river was a jack of course. He had 500 chips more than me. Its my blog so bad beat stories are allowed.
Roll on tomorrow. Im on the fosters now having phoned my nephews to force them to listen to my story! they were duly sympathetic although i expect they weren"t really listening!! still i feel so much better now and sympathetic posts are welcome.
Still loving poker though, and im determined to run good tomorrow.......

FISH  ;D

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 00:15:25 AM »
Just get me on your table monday ger! dont forget everyone chezger league starts monday.