Author Topic: PDC Darts  (Read 9608 times)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
Re: PDC Darts
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 01:50:55 AM »

Very noticable how the crowd now appears to have a complete disregard to the darts being played.

Everyman and his dog dressed up in fancy dress (a good thing) singing "stand up if you love the darts"

Booing and jeering randomly - pretty weak.

Agreed, this is tilting me so hard.

I"d go and watch more live sport if the crowd wasn"t largely populated by brain dead retards. The British boxing lot for the Froch fight were the same, football crowds the same as the darts. They"re even invading the rugby (though my sample size of one is just the recent Quins-Sarries game at Twickers).

Hopefully the Olympics will do ok...

Agreed. A good quarter of the crowd had their backs turned and were focusing on something or someone else for most of the evenings play. The afternoon session was similar at times. Good atmosphere but wouldn"t want to be there focusing on the darts lol.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 17:47:53 PM »
I noticed that last night during Jenkins match... Loads of booing from the crowd who were facing the opposite way. Whatever was happening at the back of the hall was more interesting to the crowd than the darts.
Simon Whitlock still going strong for my medium sized each way @ 34-1....  :)
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 17:50:04 PM »
Go to fancy Van Gerwen as a value shot to beat Whitlock tonight - a little to find on the averages but ousting King 4-1 was supreme ...

Lloyd big value too vs the miss-firing Anderson - but I think I will give that one a miss - I suspect Anderson will wake up at some point soon.

Hopefully for my bets - Chisnall can do a solid job on Hamilton tonight - could be close too ...

Great darts - looks like I will miss the Van Gerwen game whilst at dinner - Sky-Go to the rescue once we clear the deserts!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 17:54:37 PM »

I noticed that last night during Jenkins match... Loads of booing from the crowd who were facing the opposite way. Whatever was happening at the back of the hall was more interesting to the crowd than the darts.
Simon Whitlock still going strong for my medium sized each way @ 34-1....  :)

Looks like we are head on tonight - I thought Whitlock was a great bet but I will be laying it now if I had the scope to.

Whitlock at 6/1 is scary short for me.

But good luck.

L

Scousebill

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 13:06:27 PM »
Come on Whitlock

Each way bet still running and it will be tough against "The Hammer" who is throwing excellent darts.
Just put a few quid on "The Hammer" just in case...
Small profit if Whitlock gets beat, bigger profit if he makes the final, even bigger if he wins..
LETS PLAY DARTS.....

Twitter @APATBillShep

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 13:41:14 PM »
Can"t believe no-one has posted on this for over 24 hours - The 2 best semi-finals ever?

I have been without a TV since Nov 1st due to renovating the house and last night was the first time I genuinely missed it. I watched the first semi round my Mum"s house (my stepdad is a big darts fan) and that was fantastic. We agreed at the time that while either player deserved the win, only Whitlock had the game to win in the final. I am please for Hamilton though, a very good, hard-working pro who deserves the payday if nothing else. I think it will take Lewis playing badly for Hamilton to win but he surprised me a few times last night so maybe he will again.

For the 2nd match I was frustratingly trying to follow at home on my iPhone (no Broadband either) by deciphering others" Tweets & FB updates including; "TILT", "Noooooooooo", "FFS Wade" and most insightfully "**** off is that Lewis"s lass"

For me the game tonight will be too long for Hamilton to win - 7-2 Lewis (It is to 7 right?)

I agree with the points on the crowd BUT this is ultimately where the drastically increased prize-pools are coming from (I have some direct experience relating to this which I"ll write about in the blog section if you are interested)
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 18:29:12 PM »
I agree with the points on the crowd BUT this is ultimately where the drastically increased prize-pools are coming from (I have some direct experience relating to this which I"ll write about in the blog section if you are interested)

Yes - Interested.

I think the crowds have been exceptionally disrespectful this year - as the party crowd invade the darts - as it is the best party in town.

Hamilton could win it - Lewis very up and down : Getting tempted to have an interest!

Hamilton 3.3
Lewis 1.43

Odds feel about right - Lewis" hot spells are pretty awesome - but some real dross on show too.

Pondering.

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 18:43:31 PM »
I took Hamilton at 8.5 when the semis were confirmed. Seemed generous, as does 3.4 now.

Though I might cash in if he takes the first set :)

Scousebill

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 18:19:51 PM »
Ended up with a small profit... Could not believe it when he was 5-3 up and couldn"t finish "The Hammer" off...   :(

Twitter @APATBillShep

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 20:37:45 PM »
Pretty disappointing final, in quality and result.

Now to Lakeside - "Fred, you require... 2".