Author Topic: Aces and Agony - An APAT'ers blog of the highs and lows of poker ( and life!)  (Read 109553 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer

Then Saturday, for the first time in 2 years, and probably first time properly in 8 years, I"ll be playing cricket. I"m really looking forward to it, and as I"ll be playing on the same team as Adam Sharples, it should be damn good fun!

Hmm That"s Saturday afternoon taken care of  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Unfortunately for you Ger, it"s an away game somewhere in Warrington I believe :p

And ?

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member

Then Saturday, for the first time in 2 years, and probably first time properly in 8 years, I"ll be playing cricket. I"m really looking forward to it, and as I"ll be playing on the same team as Adam Sharples, it should be damn good fun!

Hmm That"s Saturday afternoon taken care of  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Unfortunately for you Ger, it"s an away game somewhere in Warrington I believe :p

And ?

Damn that doesn"t put you off? ;)
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Just awaiting to get the train to Warrington to meet up with Adam to go play this thing called cricket. So far, it"s a typical spring day, sunshine and showers. I honestly can"t wait to get in the field and start diving and sliding everywhere. It"ll be interesting to see how the throwing arm holds up, and to see if I remember how to hold a bat!
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

Luthee13

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member

Just awaiting to get the train to Warrington to meet up with Adam to go play this thing called cricket. So far, it"s a typical spring day, sunshine and showers. I honestly can"t wait to get in the field and start diving and sliding everywhere. It"ll be interesting to see how the throwing arm holds up, and to see if I remember how to hold a bat!

Enjoy yourselves, i"m sure you will be fine :D

xxx
Raise! For Jack - Silver Medallists 2019!

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
Serious. Pain.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member

Serious. Pain.

Yep I know that one. Home and hurting!
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
So, we fielded first, and the opposition got off to a bit of a flyer. Adam and myself came on to bowl at roughly the same time, my 1st over was a bit all over the place, 1st ball of the 2nd over was a terrible, leg side half tracker that the batsman skied to fine leg where it was taken very well :) Managed to get 2 more bats caught, and still had a lot left in the tank speed wise, but as my control wasn"t where I"d like, I kept the speed down to help it. Hit one bloke on the helmet off a length which was interesting! Managed to take an absolute skier from midwicket which ended up behind long on! Also some very pleasing diving around the field.

Adam gave me the choice of 6 or 9 batting, so I plumped for 9, Adam batted at 6 which ended up being a good choice as he top scored with an excellent 44, until he played a dire shot just after I"d come in. Happy with my batting, seeing the ball well, played inside the line a few times when just outside off stump, some good forward and back foot defensive shots. First scoring shot a lovely sweep along the floor for 2. Also hit by far their best bowler for 4, after 8 overs his figures were 8-7-2-1, we"d obviously got myself and no 10 in, so I started playing a few shots, and hit him through long on for a good 4, which surprised their fielders as I"d been fairly defensive until then! Once the no 10 was out, I started advancing down the wicket and moving about the crease, then tickled one round the corner to the keeper which was frustrating!

All in all, absolutely enjoyed it, looking forward to next week already, if not the pain and aches afterwards!!
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
After a swift consultation I am still none the wiser, but hey the tone was that you enjoyed it.......

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
And we do exactly the same next week...
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member

And we do exactly the same next week...

Yup :)

Ordered everything except a bat btw, gotta find somewhere close that sells them to try them out
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 16:32:03 PM by amcgrath1uk »
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Your team takes catches???!?!?!?! I hate you!

I just returned from a 7 wicket defeat, my Leg Spin taking 7-1-22-1 with 2 drops and a missed stumping off my bowling.

[ ] I took it really well and didnt scream, shout and swear at our wicketkeeper.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
All 8 wickets were to catches  ;D

To be fair, a good few went down as well!
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Game 2

First home game for me, get there nice and early with Adam, and have a very long warm up. I managed to tweak a groin muscle last week, so for me to bowl, I wanted to be 100%. It felt ok warming up, first ball I fielded in the match I managed to re-tweak it, so no bowling for me. The boys bowled superbly, restricting the opposition to just 117-5. Adam then surprised me by putting me at 4 ( 9 last week remember), and took my chance fairly well, scoring 27 with some very pleasing offside shots ( 6 boundaries). Adam came in and smashed a quick 26no to bring us home :)

Very enjoyable, looking forward to next week, and just hoping I can recover to be able to bowl next week.
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Thankfully feeling much better already, so should be back to 100% for next week"s game.

Poker wise... errr not done anything... however..

I have the next 2 days off, I won"t be playing live unless the G puts something decent on, as far as I know, it"s just the usual £10+£10 which most get in free for ( if you play over the weekend), which I won"t be bothering with. I"m up early on Wednesday, so Monday is looking good for a few games online.

Most likely I"ll be putting a staking thread up once I wake up and look at the schedules across the sites ;)
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Would quite like to stars to have their schedule up past 6pm  :-[
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n