Author Topic: Goliath,the rock star and getting rich quick  (Read 13500 times)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Re: Goliath,the rock star and getting rich quick
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 20:52:43 PM »
After playing for a grand total of 3 hours and 20 minutes I finished in 105th place for a profit of $1.85. I can barely contain my excitement
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 21:33:47 PM »

After playing for a grand total of 3 hours and 20 minutes I finished in 105th place for a profit of $1.85. I can barely contain my excitement

Drinks on you next Sunday then :P

(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 23:28:21 PM »

Drinks on you next Sunday then :P

Depends how much they charge for a tin of coke

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 22:25:06 PM »
Maybe I"m not getting rich quick just yet, but I seem to have discovered my deepstack mojo. I"m still in the Blusesquare $2 sunday deepstack after nearly 6 hours and there are 8 of us left out of 432 starters . If I finish the job off, I could win a whopping.................wait, are you ready for this.................  $163.03.  

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 22:31:17 PM »
Well done.....and good luck.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 22:56:59 PM »

Maybe I"m not getting rich quick just yet, but I seem to have discovered my deepstack mojo. I"m still in the Blusesquare $2 sunday deepstack after nearly 6 hours and there are 8 of us left out of 432 starters . If I finish the job off, I could win a whopping.................wait, are you ready for this.................  $163.03. 

Final result 2nd for $121.39. I started the heads-up with around a 5-1 chip deficit, doubled-up then my departure hand was QQ v KQ with two kings on the board. I really cant complain though as I came back from being down to 3 x BB on two separate occasions 1.5 hours apart and I ran like a dream all tourney.
    I could get used to the idea of playing sunday night events with a 5000 chip starting stack.................  

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 23:08:41 PM »
Well Done. I"ll have a KitKat with my can of Coke  :P

(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 21:06:16 PM »
There was no repeat of last night"s micro-micro-stakes success, when after 90 minutes of fiddling around in Blue Square"s daily dollar tournament, I departed when my 14 x BB UTG shove with pocket tens was called and defeated by Jacks. To be perfectly honest, I wasn"t really paying attention, as I was listening to and making notes on the current Steve Hackett album in preparation for an interview I"m doing with him next week.
   Thinking back to last night"s efforts and it wasn"t at all difficult to decide what to do with my winnings. I"ve said it loads of times before, but I think its worth repeating; I"ve always looked to make my poker self-supporting as I"ve got a crap, low-paid job and don"t have a huge disposable income. The downside to this is that I normally find myself playing at a buy-in level way below where I could hold my own, but at least I aint ever going to go bust. Anything I win is "reinvested" and that brings me onto the $119.39 profit I made yesterday. I wasn"t far off turning cartwheels in the communal carpark outside my flat when I saw the announcement. Playing an APAT event on Pokerstars =  ;D , 5000 starting chips with 15 minute blinds =  ;D , $11 buy-in with the added incentive of a UKIPT seat and a marriage proposal from Liv Boerree (sorry, but its nearly that good!) =  ;D ;D ;D . Of the 15 weeks in the season, I"ll miss one when I"m on holiday in the last week in March, but otherwise I"m good for all the others. 14 x 11 = 154, so I"ve essentially just underwritten the cost of having a serious crack at winning the overall individual title. Bring it on!  
   As if I didn"t make a big enough ****-end of myself with my attempts at horse tipping last week, there"s a 12f handicap at 4pm at Southwell tomorrow, so I cant resist having a go. Although there are only 8 runners, this looks way more competitive than course and distance races usually are (see that? That"s called getting your excuses in early). I"ve had my regular stake on Cloudy Start at 6.6 on Betfair.  Trained by Sir Henry Cecil as a youngster, he was rated 108 18 months ago and tumbled down the weights to 58 which he won off last time out. Ok, it was only a seller he won, but I feel he has more scope for improvement than anything in the field, so is well worth a shot at the price iI have taken.      
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 21:46:11 PM by monkeyman »

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 18:11:33 PM »
Here we go again.............I"m in the 888 $3.80 deepstack (5000 chips) starting at 17.30 and I"m already in the overall lead with 25000 chips. Happy days.
   OH yeah, there"s was another losing horse bet today  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 21:23:11 PM »

Here we go again.............I"m in the 888 $3.80 deepstack (5000 chips) starting at 17.30 and I"m already in the overall lead with 25000 chips. Happy days.
   OH yeah, there"s was another losing horse bet today  

49th out of 922 and my exit hand was AK v AA. 3 consecutive cashes; get in there.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 00:41:50 AM »
Yet another deep run tonight, this time in the "Daily Dollar" on Blue Square where I finished 19th out of 1027. In the opening 2 - 3 hours I survived 3 all ins where I held a pocket pair against overcards, then when just into the money I got lucky when my A 9 hit a straight to defeat A J. It all fell apart on the final 3 tables as I had 99 beaten by 88, split a pot with AA v A 4, had another split with KK v KQ, had 10 10 beaten by A J, JJ by AK and my departure came when my 7.5 x BB shove with Q 10 ran into KK.
  Yes, I have backed a couple of horses running thursday, but I"m not going to tell you what they are. So there.

Time for some music

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZkAQoa1plM[/youtube]        

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 10:57:51 AM »
The consecutive tourney cashing sequence is now up to 5 courtesy of a headhunter event on Sky. With all the horseracing I want to watch this afternoon I now wont play again until later, probably the $3.80 deepstack thing on 888.
   Tomorrow I"ve got my first live game since last June in the shape of a deepstack at Holt in north Norfolk organised by APAt regular Andrew Cunningham Brown and also featuring fellowing Norfolk blogger Colin "Thinsy" McCarthy.
   The season 6 announcement gives me loads to think about. I"m definitely going to play in the Goliath this year, but I"m also getting mightily tempted to play the APAt national at Coventry in April as well. Add to that the English Online national, which in the last 3 years has seen me finishing 2nd, 2nd and 4th, coming only a week before and I"ve got to figure out how much elasticity I"m going to allow my bankroll management rules to have.  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:05:30 AM by monkeyman »

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 22:14:16 PM »
Alas, today 2 of my sequences came to an end. Firstly, as mentioned earlier I played the 888 $3.80 deepstack fishfest and almost inevitably departed when my 21 x BB shove with AK was called by  K 10 with the almost inevitable 10 on the river. Never mind, I"ve been running like a god this week so one bad beat is no big deal.
   In addition, I"ve refound my nag prediction head. I take part in a tipping competition on Oddschecker and of the 10 horses I nominated today, 5 were winners and more importantly the only 2 I backed were winners. The Holyman won the 4.30 at Lingfield for me at odds of 4.3 on Betfair and Helpston was victorius 5 minutes later at Newcastle at the price of 3.30. The latter is probably only the second horse I"ve been so impressed with when seen at close quarters (the other was Starluck who I saw as a juvenile hurdler) at my local jumps track, Fakenham, that I"ve decided to back it come hell or high water for the forseable future. In November he won a 3 mile novice chase. There were only 4 runners and he finished around 4 lengths clear of horses rated 124 and 132. More important was the style of his win as I thought he produced the best round of jumping I"d ever seen from a novice in my almost 20 years of going to the track. As a hulking great brute of a horse, Fakenham is far from his ideal track and I came away thinking there was a national of some description in him one day. I backed him at 27 when he was second in the Rowland Meyrick chase on boxing day and I can forgive him the "UR" against his name from last weekend at Ascot, as he appeared to slip on landing on tacky ground. He is entered in the Fulke Walwyn/Kim Muir chase at Cheltenham, although the upper limit of the handicap for that race is 145 and Helpston was 140 before today"s victory. Wherever he turns up next, I will probably be backing him. Feel free to send me a comission from any future winnigs................                

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 11:21:01 AM »
Jeeze Louise, I managed to keep posting on a blog for 2 weeks. Sometimes I suprise even myself

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 00:04:46 AM »
Yeah, I know I"ve not maintained my blogging duties, but I"ve been busy, OK? Monday night didn"t go according to plan as I managed to get backstage at Steve Hackett"s Norwich gig and although I managed to have a few words with the man himself, the hoped for interview didn"t happen. I"ve then had a couple of reviews to write up, so tonight has been the only night this week when I"ve been able to fit in any poker. Thankfully, things went OK again and I finished 30th of 1100+ in the daily dollar on Blue Square for another miniscule profit.
  I wont now be able to play again until sunday, but at least next week is shaping up as being largely free for my continued romp through the internet"s fishiest low-grade deepstacks. I should be nicely tuned-up and ready to rumble by the time the regional league starts. Oh yes, a UKIPT seat will be mine.
   Saturday night I will definitely be conducting my first band interview and its with this lot

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5Xw05gXuA&feature=fvst   [/youtube]