Author Topic: Goliath,the rock star and getting rich quick  (Read 13498 times)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Re: Goliath,the rock star and getting rich quick
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 21:13:48 PM »
So 6 cashes in the last 7 tournaments becomes 6 out of 8, but hey what the hell, I"ve had a cracking run. The main thing is that I"ve built up my funds nicely ahead of a few juicy competions ahead, all of which seem to be on Pokerstars. Primary target is of course the APAT online league. I didn"t play very many of the league matches under the old format, but 5000 chips with 15 minute blinds is just about perfect for these and I"m expecting big things. I"ll only miss one league match and cocky git that I am, if I dont finish in the top 10 overall I"ll be disappointed.  On top of that the is the Pokerstars micromillions series and I"ll be looking to fit in a few of those as well    
 The coming months are paved with gold   ;D
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 19:01:25 PM »
Right here goes. A quick blast of "Take on all the world" by Judas Priest to inspire me and I"m ready to rumble. Suppose I"ve just got to decide which UKIPT event I fancy playing!  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2012, 20:30:27 PM »
Oh lordy lordy, my gambling this week has been like repeatedly thumping my head against a brick wall. I managed 4th of about 75 in a Sky deepstack last night, but otherwise I"ve been losing races and flopping big hands which find themselves up against slightly bigger hands. I"ve only backed one winner in three days of Cheltenham and the saving grace there is that it was a double-figure price, so my losses aren"t too severe.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 23:04:13 PM »
And now for something completely different. Tonight I"m playing in the Pokerstars micro millions $3.30 stud hi/lo event. We"ve currently 3.5 hours in, on a break just after the bubble burst and I"m in 189th of the 633 left. Taking the first hour to remember how to play the damned game wasn"t as much of a handicap as I thought it would be. This clearly has my name on, oh yes.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 00:10:03 AM »

And now for something completely different. Tonight I"m playing in the Pokerstars micro millions $3.30 stud hi/lo event. We"ve currently 3.5 hours in, on a break just after the bubble burst and I"m in 189th of the 633 left. Taking the first hour to remember how to play the damned game wasn"t as much of a handicap as I thought it would be. This clearly has my name on, oh yes.

Final result 149 of 4865 for a return of $9.34 from my $3.30 stake

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »
Time for another of those micromillions events, this time its the $5.50 6-max one which started at 12.30. I knew there was a chance I"d miss a few minutes at the start, so I decided I"d register whenever I was ready, rather than in advance. Would you Believe it? I sat down within the first level and the two players to my left have already doubled-up. This is going to be a grind

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 13:52:25 PM »

Time for another of those micromillions events, this time its the $5.50 6-max one which started at 12.30. I knew there was a chance I"d miss a few minutes at the start, so I decided I"d register whenever I was ready, rather than in advance. Would you Believe it? I sat down within the first level and the two players to my left have already doubled-up. This is going to be a grind

Oh silly me. Why ever didn"t I remember that Aces are no match for the mighty 10 7. Grrrrrr. Suppose I"d better try again later