Author Topic: I never thought it would be so easy.........  (Read 5803 times)

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
I never thought it would be so easy.........
« on: January 14, 2008, 14:55:57 PM »
..........to fold  kc kd pre-flop.  :o :o :o

Saturday in Cardiff.

I arrive 25 minutes late and 2nd hand in this happens.

blinds 25/50

UTG+2 raises to 350, re-raise from next to act to 1500.

I look down in SB to see  kc kd and decide to see a flop, so flat call.

Original raiser pushes all in, next guy with no hesitation pushes all in and says "Yes!!!!" with a double fist salute down his sides!!!

I immediately say to him, "jeez you must have Aces", it was that obvious, to the other guy I say "You probably have Queens" and turned to the dealer and said "please don"t put a King on the board", and muck my cards.

Very Easy.

As it was, he did have  ah :as: and the other guy did have  qh qd and no K or Q came on a raggedy board.

Phew!!!  ::)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Re: I never thought it would be so easy.........
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 15:11:03 PM »
Sweet! Can I just ask you all, if any of you have Aces against ME, can you please do this "double fist salute" thing ... it agree it makes things SOOOO much easier  ;D

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 15:18:55 PM »
Gordon - you pick up these subtle tells and they make a world of difference.  You are the Mike Caro of APAT. 

Good to see you at the weekend. When you eventually decided to join us... ;D
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 19:01:53 PM »
Watch out, or you"ll get a load of poster claiming that you should have still called!

:D
Still learn the science and practicing the art

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 19:43:37 PM »
I"ll have to remember that one next time I shove a button raise with 63 off suit. Do the double fist salute!!!
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 20:38:45 PM »
Gordon,

It was a joy to be sat opposite you to watch a superb laydown, even if the double fisted "yes" did help.

Unfortunately, I did not learn from your play as when finding  kh ks in my big blind, I couldn"t help but call all-in against the large re-raise from the small blind for him to show  ad :as:.

Will I never learn.

Leigh

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 13:21:59 PM »

Gordon,

It was a joy to be sat opposite you to watch a superb laydown, even if the double fisted "yes" did help.

Unfortunately, I did not learn from your play as when finding  kh ks in my big blind, I couldn"t help but call all-in against the large re-raise from the small blind for him to show  ad :as:.

Will I never learn.

Leigh

Cheers Leigh, well played at the weekend. Tbh if someone had put a barn door 3 feet in front of me and had handed me an old colt 45, approx length 18", I would still have struggled to hit it on Saturday. lol  ;D

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 13:26:04 PM »

I"ll have to remember that one next time I shove a button raise with 63 off suit. Do the double fist salute!!!

lol good one George, of course the fact that he called an all in, not just a raise, for 90 percent of his stack and then did the double fist thing, that kind of assisted.

Jeez, missed opportunity or what? This thread could have been titled "Double Fisted Action In Cardiff!!!"  :o :o :o

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 18:37:19 PM »
Had a similar one. 100/200 level... UTG raises to 600. Folds round to button who reraises to 1200. I look down at KK in BB and flat call. UTG re-raises to 3000 and button calls. I foded my KK.  Flop came J84.... UTG bets and button folds showing AK. UTG had JJ!!  

So my fold preflop was a bad one as I was miles ahead with KK v JJ, but it turned out ok as it kept me in tourney.

Question is - should i have shoved preflop? Was I right to be passive here and just call to see a flop? The reason for my fold was a bad read of UTG - I put him on AA.