Author Topic: Pokerpops ponders poker  (Read 159579 times)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Re: Pokerpops ponders poker
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2012, 12:12:16 PM »
GL pops. Hope u make the 8. Back to back runs in these huge mine filled fields is already a great achievement.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2012, 14:11:25 PM »

1873 entries, probably c1500 players, 11 left...

3pm, my ante of 10,000 and big blind of 80,000 will leave me with 520,000
It"s all complicated by my view on the value of the Golden Chip and a reluctance generally to ladder.

I suspect that by 3.10 I"ll either be out, or have a more usable stack

GL GL GL Today

+1 ^^^^
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2012, 14:37:02 PM »

GL pops. Hope u make the 8. Back to back runs in these huge mine filled fields is already a great achievement.

George, you can"t begin to imagine how much that comment means to me.

Thanks to Ger and fandango too, and all the Stockton Massive for their support throughout yesterday.

And of course, a big thanks to my No.1 Railer, Lucy xx
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2012, 15:50:20 PM »
Nice one Pops 2 FT"s - Legend

8 left now slap it into overdrive  ;D

gjp100

« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2012, 16:30:42 PM »
Only just found out Pops - joined the live stream just in time to see you take down a hand with K3 :-)

Back to back final tables is epic Dave.  Best of luck! x

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2012, 16:56:58 PM »
Uk poker achievement of the year to "back to back" final these with the huge fields.

Vwd Dave. Now shoot FTW.

Will be tough with Bedi and Rasta to his left...
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »

Uk poker achievement of the year to "back to back" final these with the huge fields.

Vwd Dave. Now shoot FTW.

Will be tough with Bedi and Rasta to his left...

Thanks Rob, and I"m obviously chuffed to bits with the run, but there were people on that FT that have better claims than I do. Rastafish for one. Winning DTD deepstacks takes a lot of doing, and to also survive the fish-infested waters of a GP Day1 and then run super-deep takes some adjustment.

Brief trip report of Days 2 and 3

I got lucky when it mattered.
Highlights
8s 2c blind on blind, called, maths-based, by  10s 3s and rivering a club flush
Qh 8c getting doubled up by  4c 6c
both of those turned my stack from being pretty much guaranteed a call to a stack that could get folds

Obviously the  8s 10s vs George"s AQ was major, and as I said to George at the time, I just wish it had been against someone else. There were two at the table in particular that I"d have preferred to runner-runner.

The exit hand was just one of those things. I"m not keen on having people screaming for their cards to come in, and Rasta is pretty loud when he"s all in, but he shook my hand and apologised for it saying "it"s just how I am man, you know". Hard to take offence with him, he seems a really good bloke.

Was less keen on the rail for the evntual winner who went some way over the top on more than one occasion against players who just had to sit and bear it. Having a bunch of drunks screaming for you to be beaten shouldn"t be part of the live poker experience. (all IMO of course)

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2012, 12:22:34 PM »
Hero, that is all wp again really enjoyed railing for the full 3 days.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2012, 12:35:03 PM »
Watched a lot of the live stream and thought you played really really well.

+1, A really outstanding achievement.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2012, 15:12:29 PM »

Vwd Dave. Now shoot FTW.

+1

vwp sir.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2012, 16:10:32 PM »

Vwd Dave. Now shoot FTW.

+1

vwp sir.

Thanks again, it took an awful lot of skill luck

- hold all thought of celebrating the double CPP Package win though. Apparently Terms & Conditions apply...

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2012, 15:31:27 PM »
Took a week off from poker after last Sunday"s excitement. An annual trip to Edinburgh for the first three and a half days of the Fringe.
We hit a new record of 26 shows seen this year, ranging from the sublime - Nick Mohammed as Mr Swallow, James Acaster, Simon Evans, Phil Jupitus, Lucy Porter, a couple of excellent sketch troupes Beasts and Pappy"s to the ridiculous "Boris & Sergey"s Vaudeville Adventure". Words can"t do justice to that last one, but it was classic fringe theatre and at one stage involved my wife sitting on a tiny folding stool and dealing a four-handed game of Hold Em in which Boris ( a 2" high puppet operated by a team of three) lost his soul.
I can"t recommend a trip to The Fringe enough - three days is about right and going at preview time allows us to see lots of shows at around £5 a ticket which is half price. The odd mistake in bookings is shrugged off and in 6 years we"ve  walked away from no more than 4 or 5 shows wishing we hadn"t bothered.

So, a gentle train ride home on Saturday - First Class, booked online a while ago for the princely sum of £32.80 (for both of us). SO civilised having food and drinks delivered to you at your seat and with no extra cost :-)

Last night I returned to the G for the £15+£15 and was joined by PhilTC and Brian "Fossil" Harland. It"s a fun game with a halfway decent structure which allows some play into the later stages. The standard isn"t of the highest and TC and I ended up chopping 1st & 2nd for £265 each.

Run good much? Me?
Well, I flopped the nut flush with  ad1 Jd on a  Kd Qd 3d flop when my caller held  10d 7d. Thought the fourth diamond on the turn would kill my action but no - he wanted to donate.
On the bubble I min(ish) raised  Ah 5h from the button and and got a call from the big blind who open shoved the  Qd 5s 5d flop .... he muttered, stood up, walked the long way round the table to avoid me and left the building.
Three handed Sb completed, I shoved  tens and ran into Kings - ten on the flop and it"s me with 330,000 vs TC with 68,000. Care to chop? says Phil...
We play a few hands and I get a duece in pretty much every one of them and then lose a flip.
Phil asks again for a chop and I say - if I get one more hand with a deuce...

Sure enough out comes the  2d 7d, it"s late... chopped!

One quality moment in this came when one of the local "experts" in the BB with a stack of 17000 flat called my utg+2 raise to 9500 behind one caller and then checked the very raggy flop and turn, before folding to my called bet on the turn. Folded his small blind too ... and he ran deep in the last two day £100 at the G...

I"ll be playing tomorrow and Thursday this week. The nobbers game is moving to G ton Thursday with dealers supplied to say thanks for the support at the GP. Maybe this week it"s my turn to win that. It"s been a while since I even got close to it.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2012, 23:01:22 PM »

- hold all thought of celebrating the double CPP Package win though. Apparently Terms & Conditions apply...

Care to elaborate on this?....
Rob, you are a genius.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2012, 07:40:48 AM »

Care to elaborate on this?....

The "This week at DTD" thread on there sponsored poker forum clarifies the position. All I will say publicly is that it"s a shame that they waited till now to be so clear.

Bloody good result last week Rob. Well played.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2012, 09:30:24 AM »
Ty Dave

Seems a bit mean after your herculean effort, but there you go. Maybe you should get an upgrade when you go out. Honeymoon suite, flight upgrade + free drinks, food and girls should do!!
Rob, you are a genius.