Author Topic: ThinkerJE makes a return trip to Vegas  (Read 48774 times)

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
ThinkerJE makes a return trip to Vegas
« on: January 14, 2008, 22:45:22 PM »
Booked it, will be packing it and I am off to Vegas again on 29 May 2008 for the WSOP.  Will be updating in a similar fashion to last year.

This year fellow members of the Solihull home game crew will also be making the trip and we will be attacking the WSOP head on.

CANNOT WAIT!!!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Re: ThinkerJE makes a return trip to Vegas
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 22:49:14 PM »
Not another bloody vegas diary thread....

...only joking fella, hope you and the others have a great time and look forward to reading about your exploits.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Mr Tubbs

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 23:49:19 PM »
Hi J
Hope you scope the lot while in vegas.Its jeldon"s mate stood with you most of sunday(sorry about that)
Could you tell your closet GOONER friend he would of been right to call when si
had middle pair k"s on final table ace on flop i said i"d let him know.
You said you would of folded!jus started reading your vegas blog quality(only 7 months late) can"t wait to read your 2008 blog in 2009
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 00:54:24 AM by Mr Tubbs »
Its better to be lucky than good(And i'm neither)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:04:42 AM »
Wow I will look forward greatly to your reports from there.  I fair enjoyed your last one.

:)
Mary Kivlin

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:15:27 AM »
Yep, same here! I eagerly await the 2008 post ...

For anyone who hasn"t read the 2007 post, FYI it"s here http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=98.0

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 12:12:18 PM »
Cannot wait James

And maybe you will get an APAT Award as you should have got last year. :o

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 13:18:27 PM »
Nice one James.

I hadn"t read any of your posts about your trip to vegas last year but have just spent my dinner hour reading through them....great read.Especially as i have seen ThinkerJe on posts and in APAT on line tourney"s but never knew who you were! (you joined my table at Cardiff briefly before it got busted up) you were far end to me, i was sat next to the eventual winner.

Brought back some great memories of my trip in 2006.....When i was sat in the Bellagio playing in the 2pm $540 f/o on my 40th Birthday! All going sweet until i ran my AJ into AQ and bubbled for the final table! :(

I can"t believe you found the time to post while in Vegas....and to that i take my hat off to ya!

"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 15:24:44 PM »
Cant wait for your report. That thread last year was fantastic. You reported last year about constantly getting short stacked and just missing out on the cash. A year gives a great time to reflect/practise/improve and I"m sure we"ll be reading about multiple cashes this time. good luck.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

jon_garrett

• Bronze Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 19:11:42 PM »
Closet Gooner friend here. Cheers for info "tubbs". Thought it was the stop and go.

James, I"ve added a link on my blog to this one just in case anyone wants to read two lots of thoughts.....

Looking forward to it already.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 19:41:33 PM »
Really looking forward to this again.  I"ll also be posting a banner directly to your diary from the APAT home page James.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 19:50:53 PM »

Really looking forward to this again.  I"ll also be posting a banner directly to your diary from the APAT home page James.

Better be good now.. !!  ;)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 19:52:34 PM »
lol, nae pressure ...  :)

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 21:45:01 PM »
Okay, flight booked 29 May direct from Manchester.  Also on the flight will be fellow SHGC (Solihull Home Game Crew) members Jon G (4th APAT Luton) & Sharp (APAT cashes at Dublin & Walsall).  Its a ten hour flight and no doubt we will pass the time playing 17 card chinese poker.  I am officially the world"s worse chinese poker player (even worse than Hellmuth) so I may have done my entire bankroll before I touch down at Mccarran.  Plan is to pre register for the big $1,500 NLHE with 2 day 1"s that starts at the Rio on the Saturday (should be a monster prize pool).  Staying at the Circus again, it was great last year and is so much cheaper than other hotels (great value for money and more to spend on buy ins).  Cannot wait for this trip to begin and looking forward to sharing my experiences and random thoughts with you again.

Jon G is spending 8 weeks in Vegas for the WSOP and I have him to make a final table at least (or even a bracelet).  You can follow his progress on his blog.

http://www.jongpoker.blogspot.com/

Shameless plug I know, but he has put a link to this thread on it.

Anyway will up date nearer the time on how the bankroll is looking and what my poker schedule will be.

NO BAD BEATS - Vegas won"t know what has hit them with the SHGC in town!!!

Spursman

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 21:12:34 PM »
What has APAT done, brought big tournament poker to eager and keen amateurs. Let them find out that they can step up and face the big boys with confidence.......

If there are any doubters out there about what the value and ethos of APAT is cannot be left in any doubt. Des's idea of poker for poker players must make him proud to see members showing in major tournaments across Europe and the world.

Sorry you Northern boys aren"t gonna be on your own, there are going to be any number of members out there at various times during the series, even playing the main event.

I"ve got three events lined up, O8, PLO and HO, there are players in the stud, other Omaha and of course various vanilla holdem games. Back up events at the Golden Nugget and Binions are also being scheduled, so there is every opportunity that we"ll cross chips at a table somewhere.

Des get your finger out and produce some sort of Commemorative APAT shirt so we can recognise each other, maybe get Blue sq. to put a few dollars in so we can buy each other a drink or three perhaps? Mine and Terry"s are XXL, Danny 3XL? Pottsy and co XL"s and large maybe. Get it done in enough time so we can order them personalised.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 21:17:17 PM »
Thanks Jim.  Mary has done a lot of work on this and there will be embroidered shirts available in plenty of time for Vegas - and you will be able to personalise them.