Author Topic: ThinkerJE makes a return trip to Vegas  (Read 48753 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: ThinkerJE makes a return trip to Vegas
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2008, 17:39:29 PM »
Outstanding contributor James "ThinkerJE" Edwards competing in Dublin....

There"s no need to adjust your monitors...James really is wearing that T-Shirt  ;D

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2008, 22:32:35 PM »
Ok sorry for the delay but it has been a bit mad since I got back from LV.  The flight home was delayed 4 hours meaning I got back to Manchester at 12.30pm on the Friday.  A train & taxi & 3 hours later I made it home.  Just enough time to drop off the dirty washing and a quick SSS then another train to Solihull as I was staying at Si Auckland"s in order to get the 8am flight to Dublin from Birmingham.  I was totally exhausted by then and not sure what time of day it was.  I crashed out around half nine.

We had a mad weekend in Dublin and then had to go straight to work after flying back at 6.30am on the Monday.  I felt really bad by now and had classic cold & flu symptoms.  It got worse and I had to take Thursday & Friday off work.  I finally felt better on the Sunday and then another mad week at work this week has meant I have not had time to relect on Las Vegas 2008.

Anyway, enough of all that and onto the review of my trip.

It was obviously very disappointing not to make a single cash.  I got into some good positions in a few tournaments and then managed to get my money in ahead.  It just needed a few hands to hold up and I would have made the money and then be in good shape to go even deeper.  It was not to be and was also very frustrating.  My mantra is still NO BAD BEATS and apart from one or two mistakes or mis reads I felt I was consistently making good decisions throughout the 2 weeks I was in Vegas.  I can do no more than this, if I keep making the right decisions for the particular situations then eventually I should get a break in this poker lark.

I also enjoyed playing the different variants live, like omaha & razz.  This was great experience as my play was limited to the internet before.  I felt I was able to hold my own, but my lack of experience in key situations probably cost me.  Still it was alot of fun and a welcome change from the no limit hold em grind.

The Ceasar"s megastack events were brilliant.  Great value for money, always a good turnout and run very well on the whole.  It is still my favourite place in Vegas (not just for the pu$$ycats) and I may even splash out and look to stay there in 2009.

The WSOP at the Rio is still what it is all about.  Although the tournament did not go as well as last year, I will be back again in 2009, desperate to get a bracelet or a big result.

Outside of the poker, my other gambling went very well in LV.  I was up at all the other forms I had a go at.  These include the horses (so sick as I was picking then by their names), video poker (I still love this to chill out after poker), blackjack (good fun when playing with drunk ladies) & football (well done the czechs).  I think I was about even in my last longer bets with Jon (Martyn did not get involved after we fleeched him at Chinese on the plane). 

The other good thing about this year was having 2 other members of my crew in Las Vegas with me.  Along with all the stuff like having someone to eat with or get drunk with it also helped when the 3 of us would discuss hands and plays during the breaks or when we had busted out.  It is always good to get another opinion on your play and whether you could (or should) have played it any differently.  I think it really helped me to think about my game and improved me as a player.  Martyn has also made the comment that he felt his game came on loads during the 2 weeks, culminating in his great cash in the last event he played.

So thats about it.  I had great time in Las Vegas and cannot wait to go back again.  I will be there again for WSOP 2009 and maybe before then, who knows.

I want to thank you all for taking the time to read the blog and for your comments and support.  I lost count of the number of people who came up to me in Dublin and said nice things about the blog.  I enjoy writing it and it helps me to digest and reflect on the poker I have played.  It is sort of my poker thearpy.

Coming soon, "ThinkerJE makes yet another trip to Las Vegas" (or a better title if I can think of one).

NO BAD BEATS - If you have never been to Las Vegas, get yourself there double quick, you will love it!!!

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2008, 23:44:08 PM »
It was great to meet up with you in Dublin and hear all this first hand.

I"m lookin forward to the next one.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2008, 23:53:57 PM »
Thanks once again for sharing your trip details with us James, as with last year it was "must read" material.  

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2008, 10:33:45 AM »
excellent blogging mate.

;D
Still learn the science and practicing the art

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2008, 19:35:17 PM »
Well done on a thoroughly deserved win in the best APAT blog vote. Got any more trips planned?  
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one