Author Topic: Sitting Out/Leaving a game........Your thoughts please  (Read 6670 times)

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
Re: Sitting Out/Leaving a game........Your thoughts please
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 09:21:14 AM »

Ive seen this loads of times and love it, as I obviously have more stamina and stay to the end ;)

I dont see the point in just logging out tbh. In the situation you have described Grant you have laddered 2 places but 6 handed would it not be a better idea to get super aggro? You might bust 6th (result go to bed), you might bust smaller stacks with cr*p (ladder and wind up other players) but ultimately you want to be in the top 3 of any tourney so logging out  is just awful.

Dont be such a feckin wimp...get it allin every hand as soon as you reach FT ;)

Star answer !
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 15:25:13 PM »

Ive seen this loads of times and love it, as I obviously have more stamina and stay to the end ;)

I dont see the point in just logging out tbh. In the situation you have described Grant you have laddered 2 places but 6 handed would it not be a better idea to get super aggro? You might bust 6th (result go to bed), you might bust smaller stacks with cr*p (ladder and wind up other players) but ultimately you want to be in the top 3 of any tourney so logging out  is just awful.

Dont be such a feckin wimp...get it allin every hand as soon as you reach FT ;)

Star answer !

Tried that a few times in the NLHE on first night then gave up, but 2nd night was pot limit so I just disconnected and went to bed lol
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

frazer

• Bronze Member
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 05:59:56 AM »
Yeah this is a tricky one especially when your in a strong position . However it all depends what your prepared to settle for from the outset . I mean you started playing late so you would have had a rough estimate of what time the final table would have been and what time you were considering sleeping . So lets say you thought if I can play for 5 / 6 hrs and get to £ 25 then I"ll settle for that . You"ve won both ways , you have played poker and cashed all be it difficult to walk away . For what it"s worth I think you made the correct decision , after all earning a living is more important than online poker or any poker for that matter . Some players have suggested playing the 180 which maybe a better alternative if time is an issue . fmb .