Author Topic: tikay  (Read 7155 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
tikay
« on: June 20, 2007, 18:24:36 PM »
Welcome tikay to the forum, were have you been for the past month?

???
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 18:30:40 PM by nosey-p »

tikay

Re: tikay
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 18:45:39 PM »
Crikes, I only arrived 30 seconds ago & I"ve been rumbled already!

Sorry for late arrival, I"m so disorganized - "never do today what you can put off until tomorrow".....

I really feel quite bad about not being on here before, but, well, you know how it is, no excuses really.

Anyway, I"m gonna take a look round, & see what"s what in here. Looks a great Forum.

PS - You don"t REALLY wanna know where I"ve been the last month do you? How does Dublin (2), Sheffield, Birmingham (2), Walsall (2), Newcastle (3), Birmingham (2) Bolton, Luton (5), & London (13 times) sound? I can tell you about each train journey, too, if you really like....;). This retirement lark is a real cinch.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 19:07:05 PM »
Sorry I asked   :D

Never mind you are here now. If that's what you call retirement what did you do before retirement?  

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 19:12:10 PM »
Welcome Tikay, as they say better late than never.

aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

tikay

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 19:35:47 PM »

Never mind you are here now. If that's what you call retirement what did you do before retirement?  

I was MD of a Shopfitting & Property Maintenance Company, we fitted out (fitted up some might say) Sainsbury"s, Tescos, Aldi Foodstores, Phones4U, that sort of thing. If there is a Sainsbury"s or Aldi near you, chances are I (we) supplied & installed the checkouts, lights, display racking, etc. Quite boring it sounds, but actually very challenging. A Sainsbury can turnover millions of ££"s a week, so when we moved in on a Sunday night, & ripped the ceiling out, or cut a chase in the Sales Area Floor, it kinda got the adrenelin flowing, the thought of what happened if we never finished on time!

Planned Maintenance (so -called "Preventative) was an art-form, to get the costings right. We did several PSI schemes, including the first PSI Police Station - Ilkeston, Derbyshire, coincidentally minutes from my home.

And we did Landscape Maintenance, that was hugely interesting. Aldi GmbH & Co KG wanted bushes that did not grow! (Not growing means not cutting means low-maintenance costs).

We looked after the Chairman"s place, too, he had a Grange near Wirksworth, in Derbyshire, in 700 acres. He was wholly against wild animals, & wanted them all shot. He had bats, too (a protected species), & wanted them done away with, along with squirrels (eating his tree bark - they are in fact extremely destructive), badgers, moles, rabbits, "shoot the lot" he"d say. "Yes Guv" I"d reply, then do nothing. He spent £40,000 having anti-rabbit fence erected (it extends 18" into the ground, as they burrow under regular fences), but left the gates open, so rabbits could wander in.....

We built a half mile long dry-stone wall for him, too, that"s a real Derbyshire art. He rung me one day - "Tony, the cows are leaning over my new wall, get it sorted, they have no right to do that". "OK John", I"d say, thinking to myself I"ll send them a Memo. "Dear Nice Cow, hope this letter finds you well. Now, about John"s wall......"

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 20:44:01 PM »
LOL....

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 22:39:59 PM »

Sorry for late arrival, I"m so disorganized - "never do today what you can put off until tomorrow".....

Ahhh, my old friend procrastination - the thief of time!  ::)

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 01:06:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum my friend !

So, any interesting hobbies ?
  Deepstack champion S2  

Harmony26

• Bronze Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 01:28:01 AM »
Welcome Tikay!  Really enjoyed the "pre-retirement" post!

tikay

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 10:20:33 AM »

Don"t go there! I"m trying to behave on this Forum.

Digger

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 12:52:17 PM »

Huuuuummm.....can"t see that lasting!

Welcome to another mad house Tikay!
The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.

tikay

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 14:55:33 PM »

Huuuuummm.....can"t see that lasting!

Welcome to another mad house Tikay!

Thanks Digger.

Seriously, I gotta behave in here, don"t want Des on our case, do we?

La le la le la, da de da de da, dum de dum de dum.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 19:31:53 PM »
It"s OK - he"s at the bar getting the drinks in...  :o
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 23:42:51 PM »

Never mind you are here now. If that?s what you call retirement what did you do before retirement?  

I was MD of a Shopfitting & Property Maintenance Company, we fitted out (fitted up some might say) Sainsbury"s, Tescos, Aldi Foodstores, Phones4U, that sort of thing. If there is a Sainsbury"s or Aldi near you, chances are I (we) supplied & installed the checkouts, lights, display racking, etc. Quite boring it sounds, but actually very challenging. A Sainsbury can turnover millions of ££"s a week, so when we moved in on a Sunday night, & ripped the ceiling out, or cut a chase in the Sales Area Floor, it kinda got the adrenelin flowing, the thought of what happened if we never finished on time!

Planned Maintenance (so -called "Preventative) was an art-form, to get the costings right. We did several PSI schemes, including the first PSI Police Station - Ilkeston, Derbyshire, coincidentally minutes from my home.

And we did Landscape Maintenance, that was hugely interesting. Aldi GmbH & Co KG wanted bushes that did not grow! (Not growing means not cutting means low-maintenance costs).

We looked after the Chairman"s place, too, he had a Grange near Wirksworth, in Derbyshire, in 700 acres. He was wholly against wild animals, & wanted them all shot. He had bats, too (a protected species), & wanted them done away with, along with squirrels (eating his tree bark - they are in fact extremely destructive), badgers, moles, rabbits, "shoot the lot" he"d say. "Yes Guv" I"d reply, then do nothing. He spent £40,000 having anti-rabbit fence erected (it extends 18" into the ground, as they burrow under regular fences), but left the gates open, so rabbits could wander in.....

We built a half mile long dry-stone wall for him, too, that"s a real Derbyshire art. He rung me one day - "Tony, the cows are leaning over my new wall, get it sorted, they have no right to do that". "OK John", I"d say, thinking to myself I"ll send them a Memo. "Dear Nice Cow, hope this letter finds you well. Now, about John"s wall......"

Not related to Steve Davis are we?

tikay

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 00:20:19 AM »

Not related to Steve Davis are we?

Twins seperated at birth. He"s the interesting one. In case you wondered.