Author Topic: Team or Individual  (Read 8222 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Team or Individual
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 16:57:13 PM »
Collusion or the sharing of hand details would not be acceptable in any way, shape or form.  You may vary your playing range slightly in a team game, but you will only win the big prizes in this league if you approach it willing to make tough decisions with regards your team mates.  Any other strategy is as likely to cost your team points as earn points.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Yorkshire Pudding

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 17:41:31 PM »
Hmmm. Suppose I"ll add the fellow Yorkies to my player listings and colour code them. I guess playing very straight forward in pots with them is the way forward but if we end up with AA vs KK then that"s just tough titties!

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 17:44:06 PM »

Are we implying that we are essentially going to collude? I think although it is a Team format as such we should all approach it as individuals, play each hand the best we can and over the course of 15 tournaments we finish where we finish.

It"s actually quite unlikely we"ll end up in huge spots with each other just by the nature of the tournaments but slow of soft playing in one spot could hurt the long-term chances of our "team."

I"ve purposely not looked my fellow Yorkshire and the Humber players so that I can approach each tournament making decisions that I feel are +EV in the long run. If I inadvertently bust a fellow Yorkie or they bust me as a result then so be it. As they say that"s poker!

I have no problem with others taking a different strategy just thought I"d let you know that if I fold to you and you happen to be a Yorkie then it is because I think I am beat, no other reason.

Hope this is OK with you guys and gals and you don"t think I"m rocking the boat, it"s just how I approach the game, any other way and I"d feel out of my comfort zone.

See you at the final table!

Not a problem with this Matthew, you play as you see fit. All I ask is for you to know who your team mates are, especially around the points bubble  

Wayne

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 17:45:29 PM »

Hmmm. Suppose I"ll add the fellow Yorkies to my player listings and colour code them. I guess playing very straight forward in pots with them is the way forward but if we end up with AA vs KK then that"s just tough titties!

Just make sure It"s me with AA and you with KK  :D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 07:04:17 AM »
This is my opinion on this

Poker is an individual game, I cannot tell you how to play. You pay your 8+0.80 you get dealt to cards, you play them as you see fit. While there is an individual aspect to this i.e. money/prizes you can never have a pure team tactics. However they are things/situations when we can help each other out. Firstly know who your teammates are. There is a Player Directory on the APAT site and I always put up a thread for that week"s game with who is playing. Secondly you can colour code them on the poker.co site. We are getting a good turnout so far with 8.5% and 9.5% of the fields being Yorkshire players so we are going to come across teammates more regular. All I ask from you is don"t needlessly take each other out with bluffs. Big hands will clash that"s poker. It"s when we get to the points that we have to try and help each other out i.e. If you are chipped up and a teammate moves all-in,  you have AK then that"s a fold for me. The same situation but I"m fighting for my life then I"m calling. You may see it differently and call no matter what, that is your right. What I"m trying to say is team tactics is about situations, while there is individual money then your first instinct will be self preservation, this no more evident on the final table when the jumps in money become bigger. But whatever happens we should be civil to each other. Remember that this is advertise as a team league, without the team, Yorkshire will not win, without the team, the top 3 won"t win any prize, without the team we won"t have any share in the prize.  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:35:30 AM by nosey-p »