Author Topic: Team Game ?  (Read 7688 times)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
Team Game ?
« on: March 08, 2012, 10:14:08 AM »
Having read Wayne"s thread in the Yorkshire section and bearing in mind that there are quite a few people who are new to the League this season, I think it"s worth asking the questions...

Are there any guidelines re "team play" for the NW Team ? Are we expected to check down the nuts when HU in a pot against a short-stacked team mate ? How many of Team NW are purely playing for themselves and the cash ?

Providing some guidance on this now could save a lot of stress later on...  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
Re: Team Game ?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »

Having read Wayne"s thread in the Yorkshire section and bearing in mind that there are quite a few people who are new to the League this season, I think it"s worth asking the questions...

Are there any guidelines re "team play" for the NW Team ? Are we expected to check down the nuts when HU in a pot against a short-stacked team mate ? How many of Team NW are purely playing for themselves and the cash ?

Providing some guidance on this now could save a lot of stress later on...  ;)

This has to be a personnal decision , I know liverpool team basically didnt get involved with team mates , rule of thumb is check down if you heads up . If another player from another team in pot play it as if you would normally. But check down if just you and a team mate. Especially if its late on and you are aware of team points. Obvioulsy if team points locked up play however you like . Also if you dont want to soft play and want to play for individual prize play how you like but dont expect it back off other team mates . This has to be each players decision . I know i will not be smashing bets or bluffing team mates at all.
Although with size of fields etc think it may be a good idea to leave team tactics until say last 50 players ??

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 16:23:38 PM »
I will play my normal game - i.e. donate all my chips in the first level (hopefully to team mates)  ;D

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 19:53:59 PM »
I will be playing my normal game (LOL) in the early stages. If I have the best hand, I will be betting it for value, no matter who the oppo is. I will not run any bluffs against team mates and will be checking most marginal holdings. That should make me pretty easy to read. I think we have a big enough team to do this.

I agree with scouse that once we get to 50 out, then I will be in "team mode" and be looking to protect our position in the tourney.

Obviously, once the win is locked up then it"s every man for himself.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 22:36:47 PM »
If someone knows how to can they post how you can identify other teams players by colour coding them on Poker Stars..
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 23:59:29 PM »

If someone knows how to can they post how you can identify other teams players by colour coding them on Poker Stars..

You can only do it when you have there table open i believe. Just right click on their name and then "label".

Might be a good idea to colour code all NW players in the early stages, the coding stays for future weeks too.
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 08:18:52 AM »

I normally just be writing who people play for in their notes , although may try the colour coding too

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 11:10:59 AM »
With the teams so big and the field as big as it is going to be early on, I don"t think you can have any real team dynamics until near the points, having said that I will try and play nice!!!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »

With the teams so big and the field as big as it is going to be early on, I don"t think you can have any real team dynamics until near the points, having said that I will try and play nice!!!

There"s a first time for everything

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 20:24:25 PM »

There"s a first time for everything

Elephants and Wayne never forget!  ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013