Author Topic: Matchday 1  (Read 5201 times)

Foggy

• Gold Member
Matchday 1
« on: March 12, 2012, 13:53:52 PM »
Quick congratulations to Carl (Whitehouse) on an excellent performance last night. I was fitting that Deamus finally realised that he was a team mate, after a couple of sparring hands.

Well done also to Dunc the Hat on collecting a point after being shortstacked for most of the evening.

I"m sure Brian will be chuffed to bits on collecting 3 points from the first round of matches on his return from Spain

A good turnout next week is essential to keep the momentum going

WH1TEHORSE

Re: Matchday 1
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 15:11:53 PM »
Thanks Foggy.

Me and Deamus did have a couple of dust ups didnt we. I am definitely adding notes for next week lol  ;D - What is the plan next week if we have 2 big hands like AK v QQ (last night). Is it just a case of biting the bullet and folding? Essentially the same amount of chips are staying within the West Midlands if we call. Is the scoring system based on numbers of players through to last 27

I would like to add praise to Dunc who was on 10 BB"s for what seemed like 2 hours!!
http://www.facebook.com/Wh1tehorse
http://www.twitter.com/Wh1tehorse
Pokerstars ID - WH1TEHORSE
William Hill ID - WH1TEHORSE1975

Avoid those nasty bad beats by always going all in with the worst hand!!

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 16:17:07 PM »

We are allowed to score with 5 members of each area, therefore obviously it is better to have 5 team members scoring in the last 27 players. If there is an abundance of Midland players in the last 50 then building a stack is OK. But as it was last night with only 5 progressing, you are better off folding a hand for the sake of the team. The money is not life changing, but a shot at a UKIP prize fund is appealing

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 16:33:54 PM »
As Foggy said, delighted with our performance last night and well done to Carl, Clive, Chris, Dunc and Marcel on getting in the points for week one.
  As far as team play is concerned, for me that is what this is all about while we are still in with a chance of honours. As I posted on facebook last night, if people want to play for themselves with no "Team" ethic, then my personal opinion is that i would rather they play another game and not this one.
 With regards to team-tactics, if you raise AK and a team-mate shoves, he is telling you he has a monster IMO and telling you you should fold.  Obviously if you hold KK or AA then I dont think passing is correct (unless the team needs both of you to score a certain amount of points to win on the night).
  This type of play has worked successfully for our Walsall / West Midlands Championship-winning teams in the past and hopefully all of our players will buy-in to this mindset also for this campaign.
  I will post a list of all of our players on the facebook page before next week"s game to help everyone out.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

duncthehat

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 16:56:58 PM »
Well done all.  Onwards and upwards to next week
WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes

WH1TEHORSE

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 19:55:15 PM »
Hi All

Thanks for the clarification on the scoring. I do now see the added value in folding big hands to get the team through to the win. The UKIPT added value far exceeds any personal gain for a few $$ every Sunday. I am really looking forward to the rest of the season and based on week 1, I think it could be a productive one!!  ;D

Here"s to us!!
http://www.facebook.com/Wh1tehorse
http://www.twitter.com/Wh1tehorse
Pokerstars ID - WH1TEHORSE
William Hill ID - WH1TEHORSE1975

Avoid those nasty bad beats by always going all in with the worst hand!!