Author Topic: Access to account  (Read 14533 times)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Access to account
« on: March 24, 2012, 16:42:16 PM »
After playing in the first 2 league games successfully I"m now unable to access my account to play week 3. Pokerstars is advising me I have an incorrect password. I"ve also had a simliar problem with my MSN/Hotmail log in today. Any ideas how to contact customer support?
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Access to account
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 17:07:43 PM »

After playing in the first 2 league games successfully I"m now unable to access my account to play week 3. Pokerstars is advising me I have an incorrect password. I"ve also had a simliar problem with my MSN/Hotmail log in today. Any ideas how to contact customer support?

Hmmm...I hope you haven"t been hacked.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 17:51:05 PM »

Are there any Pokerstars staff linked to APAT who could find out Paul?

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 18:35:57 PM »

Can someone please contact stars for me, even just e-mail them on my behalf with my username SantinoAPAT. I"ve just confirmed that my Paypal account has been hacked and someone has withdrawn my money, my hotmail isn"t accessible (if i reset my password the new password will be e-mailed to ro******@yahoo.co.uk, which isn"t mine) and I"m pretty sure my Stars account will now be getting trashed  >:(  :"(

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 16:55:53 PM »

Can someone please contact stars for me, even just e-mail them on my behalf with my username SantinoAPAT. I"ve just confirmed that my Paypal account has been hacked and someone has withdrawn my money, my hotmail isn"t accessible (if i reset my password the new password will be e-mailed to ro******@yahoo.co.uk, which isn"t mine) and I"m pretty sure my Stars account will now be getting trashed  >:(  :"(

Nothing on OPR or PTR.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 17:18:42 PM »

Nothing on OPR or PTR.

Apols for my ignorance Adam, not sure what OPR or PTR are? I"ve emialed Stars security last night and still had no reply yet  >:(

stone

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 17:48:54 PM »
Sorry to say Grant that this is a familiar story as exactly the same happened to me over Christmas. Ironically it was Pokerstars who alerted me to a potential hacking problem. It does happen to the best of us even Daniel Negranu!

It took me a week in total to get a resolution.

I did wrestle control back of my hotmail account by recovering the account via security questions and deleting the said hacking alternative email id, changing security questions and making it a hard password.

My advice is to :

1) Try to borrow or use another device to reset your hotmail (I did it via an IPHONE). This is in case you have VIRUS or keylogger trojan etc.
2) Inform support@pokerstars.com that you have been hacked and to make sure that the account is frozen until this gets resolved.
3) Open up a GMAIL account as this is a lot more secure with two phase login process
4) Make the request to pokerstars to change your email ID
5) Ask for a PIN code that forms a two stage commit to access the Pokerstars site.
6) Come up with a password scheme so that you have different passwords for each application you have. Its a pain but the only way IMO.

Hope this helps, when the dust settled for me I put my issue down to a rogue Facebook page/app that asked me for confirmation/relogin with my password and it snowballed from there, given I work in IT I should have known better!

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 17:49:30 PM »
OPR is a site that tracks tournaments.

PTR is a site that tracks cash play.

They both show records of when you play = so I could see that according to those sites, your money hasn"t been played with. Might have been withdrawn - but not played with.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 19:44:27 PM »
Thanks for looking at that Adam. I"m really very concerned at the lack of communication to/from Pokerstars. It"s shabby tbh, that I"ve not even had an automated e-mail from them acknowledging that someone"s looking into it, despite e-mailing their support@ and security@ contacts in the past 48 hours  >:( . For such a huge business I"d certainly expect a bit more, I may only be a small fish in a big pond here but it"s poor to just ignore any customer.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 22:58:09 PM »
I always found stars CS to be generally ok. Way better than FTP anyway. I had log in problems a few months back and it got sorted within 1 day. But i never actually found out why i couldnt get on.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 23:13:49 PM »

I did wrestle control back of my hotmail account by recovering the account via security questions and deleting the said hacking alternative email id, changing security questions and making it a hard password.

The security question is wrong  ??? Tried to go through the online questionnaire route but no reply from Hotmail either. 4 e-mails to Pokerstars support & security appear to have fallen on deaf ears now  :"(

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »

The security question is wrong  ??? Tried to go through the online questionnaire route but no reply from Hotmail either. 4 e-mails to Pokerstars support & security appear to have fallen on deaf ears now  :"(

5 days on and still no access  >:( Thanks to some help from Des I did actually get a phone call from them at 9pm on Tuesday, unfortunately I missed it and they"ve never rang me back since  >:( I"m now back to square one having sent another 2 e-mails which haven"t had reply  ::) . I have to say though, Hotmail/Microsoft are just a complete and utter joke, verging on requiring a government bail-out to make their sorry ass look respectable again!!!

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »
Hope you get it sorted soon mate, slow CS is always a pain in the brain
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »

5 days on and still no access  >:( Thanks to some help from Des I did actually get a phone call from them at 9pm on Tuesday, unfortunately I missed it and they"ve never rang me back since  >:( I"m now back to square one having sent another 2 e-mails which haven"t had reply  ::) . I have to say though, Hotmail/Microsoft are just a complete and utter joke, verging on requiring a government bail-out to make their sorry ass look respectable again!!!

Nothing this morning?  I"m talking to my guy over there at the moment, will bring this up Grant.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »

Nothing this morning?  I"m talking to my guy over there at the moment, will bring this up Grant.

Thanks Des, still nothing so far. I"m working 2-10 today & tomorrow so I"ll PM my mobi number to you as that"s probably the easiest way to contact me again till tomorrow morning.

Cheers
Grant