Author Topic: Favourite Game?  (Read 5980 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Favourite Game?
« on: June 23, 2007, 18:40:43 PM »
What are everybodys favourite games when they play online? Cash games or tournys? Limit no limit? Holdem or something else?

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Favourite Game?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 22:59:50 PM »
My preference is NLH STT"s, occassionally dabble in a few MTT"s.
Mary Kivlin

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 23:40:51 PM »
Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo...the Cadillac of Poker. :D
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 23:46:21 PM »
Mainly play STT NLHE like to play more MTT but dont get the time. Cant get my head round cash, lost count of the number of times i"ve lost all my STT winnings.
I"ve vowed never to play cash again! If you see me at a cash table please feel free to sit down and take all my money, it wont take long.
Started to play a bit of omaha and going to try razz in preperation for the online series.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

Autodactic

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 21:54:13 PM »
NL HE - sit and go or tourneys

not dabbled in the other variations but will do at some point, HORSE seems to be catching on big time so be good to know how to play.

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 23:39:04 PM »
Chinese poker is great when you cannot use chips or have limited space (like on a plane or at an airport).

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 21:29:53 PM »
I generally play all types for various reasons...

a) NLHE cash for making regular money. My stakes are low level cash less then $1, and I prefer it 6 handed. I find Full Tilt the easiest place to make money. You just need to wait for the big hand and you nearly always get paid off...

b) MTT"s for the the chance of dropping big payouts. Not very succesful at the moment on these, seem to have hit a wall. But patience and more learning and I am sure it will come back.

c) SNG"s generally play a couple of turbo sng"s just to keep my push fold technique spot on.

Learning Omaha hi-lo. This seems more intricate and complex than your standard poker games. I am crap at razz, still cant get my head around it...
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

tikay

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 21:47:25 PM »

In order of preference.....

1) Hold #Em or Omaha Tournaments, Live or Online, as long as they are well-structured, by which I mean, deep-stacked slow clock stuff.

2) Omaha High Only Cash, Live or Online, though Online is more profitable for me, simply because it"s much quicker, & I can two-table.

3) Omaha Hi-Lo, it"s almost impossible to lose money if you know the basics, though, probably for that reason, the liquidity is very thin.

4) Hold "Em Cash, Live, really for the social aspect, it"s fun, & again, tough to lose. I never play Online Cash, I"d rather stick needles in my eyes.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 10:11:21 AM »

In order of preference.....

1) Hold #Em or Omaha Tournaments, Live or Online, as long as they are well-structured, by which I mean, deep-stacked slow clock stuff.

2) Omaha High Only Cash, Live or Online, though Online is more profitable for me, simply because it"s much quicker, & I can two-table.

3) Omaha Hi-Lo, it"s almost impossible to lose money if you know the basics, though, probably for that reason, the liquidity is very thin.

4) Hold "Em Cash, Live, really for the social aspect, it"s fun, & again, tough to lose. I never play Online Cash, I"d rather stick needles in my eyes.

Holdem online ring games are my cash cow. 

Far too much variance in the tournaments online (at the level I play).  Live is more fun, but unless you are playing a certain level of buy-in, the time and effort to go and play means that it"s not conducive to making money.  Poker"s fun and a laugh, but if you"re not winning (and making money), it"s not anywhere near as much fun is it?

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Zukertort

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 11:46:54 AM »
I have taken a swing away from holdem cash games to try the Omaha-Stud H/L, Stud and razz. They are certainly interesting games and keeps holdem fresh when i come back to it. As for MTT"s it is mainly NL holdem, with a splattering of the others.  

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 11:55:13 AM »
It's got to be RAZZ, looking forward to the APAT game

Digger

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 12:32:27 PM »
I"ve only ever played NLHE & Stud.......I"m now getting to the stage that I want to start to play other games & this is all down to getting more involved in the game as a whole.........this in turn is mainly down to getting involved with the APAT.........so thanks APAT for even more poker fun in the future!  ;D
The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.

waltypies

• Bronze Member
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 14:46:35 PM »
It has to be the 5 or 6 seater cash online.

$100NL or $200NL are my levels.  There are plenty of fish at this level to make a nice amount of profit each month.

Also now play alot of 7 card stud.

As for tourneys i will only play rebuys or deepstack events online or live.

Then STT"s are more for playing when at home with mates.  I cant see the point in them online unless you have no friends! (as you may tell i hate these with a passion).