Author Topic: APAT European Amateur Poker Championship 2008 - A BIG THANK YOU  (Read 3592 times)

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
A big thank you to Des and Richard for all their hard work and efforts, you guys really work hard and it can"t be easy with the little amount of sleep you were getting.  Suppose we should be grateful you weren"t carted off to the local nick to spend a night in the cells (then again that may have been more comfortable than your rooms at the "Orange Wings").

A huge shout to all the UK APATers at the event for cheering me on so loudly at the final table and for all the on-line support.  Although at first disappointed that I finished 4th (so very very close I could almost smell the victory  :( ) I am pleased with the way I played 4 out of 188, 15 more ranking points and the final lady in the event (although that wasn"t too hard think there were only 5 of us in it)..... 

Sorry I put you out Leigh and thanks for the consolation after the event it was lovely to meet you and your lovely girlfriend.  Talk her into playing (maybe at a regional event) its much more fun than watching or being Richard"s runner.

Well done to the final three and congratulations to Andy on winning, you played really well.  Funny how things turned out both on the same flight home, especially as it was 07:40 in the morning (hope your bags eventually turned up at Heathrow and you got back home ok).

Snow was really falling when we drove to the airport and it was getting pretty deep.  Hope everybody managed to get back ok.

See you all at the next one (if Hubby and I get through, keeping my fingers crossed, next regionals here we come). 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 14:50:26 PM by linziwan »
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT European Amateur Poker Championship 2008 - A BIG THANK YOU
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 22:32:43 PM »
Superb result hun, hope to meet you in Edinburgh if you are going :)
Mary Kivlin

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 00:03:05 AM »
Well done Linda - fantastic effort

Zukertort

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 18:00:43 PM »
I was rooting for you Linda-Well done!  ;) 8)

Kevin

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 21:11:09 PM »
Well played Linda, was cheering you on big time especially after I had tipped you up to Des at the airport. Shame my stay at your table was only a couple of levels spread over days 1 and 2. Keep plugging away and I am sure you will get the top spot soon. Hope to see you and Richard at some future apat events. All the best.

Don ;D
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 22:29:14 PM »

Sorry I put you out Leigh and thanks for the consolation after the event it was lovely to meet you and your lovely girlfriend.  Talk her into playing (maybe at a regional event) its much more fun than watching or being Richard"s runner.

Well played Linda, great performance.

Leigh