Author Topic: APAT Staking Exchange - Discussion  (Read 106667 times)

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
Re: APAT Staking Exchange - Discussion
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2012, 22:10:57 PM »
From "Staker Licensed Player - Application" thread...

"5 ) Applying to become a Licensed Player demonstrates your acceptance to pay APAT a £10 license fee (whether your application proves successful or not) plus an additional 1% commission on the value of any winnings enjoyed by your Stakers."

I have to say that I think the idea keeping someone"s £10 after refusing them a "license" is a bit rich... but then I disagree with charging in the first place.

Edit: And, and if I wanted to be pedantic I would point out that if the £10 is payable whether you subsequently are granted a license or not.. then it is really an "application fee" not a "license fee".  ::)
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2012, 22:15:08 PM »

"5 ) Applying to become a Licensed Player demonstrates your acceptance to pay APAT a £10 license fee (whether your application proves successful or not) plus an additional 1% commission on the value of any winnings enjoyed by your Stakers."

I have to say that I think the idea keeping someone"s £10 after refusing them a "license" is a bit rich... but then I disagree with charging in the first place.

It"s less about the £10 and more about trying to ensure we don"t get a lot of requests from players who have just come to APAT for staking, without having any results behind them.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2012, 22:16:59 PM »

It"s less about the £10 and more about trying to ensure we don"t get a lot of requests from players who have just come to APAT for staking, without having any results behind them.

Then return the £10 to unsuccessful applicants.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Gup9y

• Bronze Member
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2012, 22:20:08 PM »
I agree with Des. £10 fee is unfair but then I would not want APAT to become a place for players to be headhunted. I would not have a problem with a small percentage going to my National Team but not sure about it going to APAT.

Thoughts Des
2012 Scottish Team member at ECOAP
2012 Scottish Online PLO hi Low Champion
2012 Scottish Online Stud Champion

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2012, 22:25:30 PM »

Then return the £10 to unsuccessful applicants.

That defeats the purpose Alan.  Enormously.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »
Quick question regarding the 1% payable on the value of winnings enjoyed by your stakers.

Is this 1% on any profit Received by stakers (ie after they get their stake back) or on total returns? (I presume any returned stakes such as unused rebuys or tourney"s not played will not count towards the 1% payment)
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2012, 10:32:05 AM »

Quick question regarding the 1% payable on the value of winnings enjoyed by your stakers.

Is this 1% on any profit Received by stakers (ie after they get their stake back) or on total returns? (I presume any returned stakes such as unused rebuys or tourney"s not played will not count towards the 1% payment)

Hi Dean - it would be based on winnings, so for example if a staked player won an APAT event for £3k - with 50% staking, he would return £1500 to his stakers and £15 to APAT.  That said, APAT effectively gets 1% of whatever proposal is agreed with your stakers, so if that includes the return of non used funding, then that would be applicable to APAT's share also.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2012, 12:47:32 PM »
Still a bit confused how this is gonna work ???!!

Can I as a backer offer a stake to be run and request for applications with stats etc? i.e $150 to run 10x$15 45 mans on Stars on a 60-40 split my favour?  If so do I ship funds on Stars and have winnings shipped back?  What is APAT's cut of this?  How would I know that Im shipping to right id on Stars as well?

As a Horse can I offer up a BAP with shares?  Using above example I offer up BAP with 150 $1 shares raising the $150 needed to run the set.....I personally buy 50 shares and sell the remaining 100 to backers......BAP closes after set of 10 run with BR of $500......I retain $166.50 (500/150=3.33x50=$166.50) and balance is distributed between backers according to number of shares bought........how would APAT's cut be calculated on this?  OR is this not allowed and stake requests can only be requested on a mark up basis?

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2012, 13:04:14 PM »

Can I as a backer offer a stake to be run and request for applications with stats etc? i.e $150 to run 10x$15 45 mans on Stars on a 60-40 split my favour?  If so do I ship funds on Stars and have winnings shipped back?  What is APAT's cut of this?  How would I know that Im shipping to right id on Stars as well?

As a Horse can I offer up a BAP with shares?  Using above example I offer up BAP with 150 $1 shares raising the $150 needed to run the set.....I personally buy 50 shares and sell the remaining 100 to backers......BAP closes after set of 10 run with BR of $500......I retain $166.50 (500/150=3.33x50=$166.50) and balance is distributed between backers according to number of shares bought........how would APAT's cut be calculated on this?  OR is this not allowed and stake requests can only be requested on a mark up basis?

I would be tempted to keep it simple to start off with Myles.  Ultimately each proposal will be valued on its own merits but give the relative inexperience of members to this type of initiative, then the simpler the better.  As successes are recorded, I would imagine more complex proposals will get a greater degree of response.  As for APAT's share, you would pay 1% of total staker winnings to "staker@apat.com" via PayPal.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2012, 13:09:18 PM »
I have a question on etiquette of staking requests for rebuy tournaments.

Lets assume we have these as part of a schedule:-

06:00 ET -- Event 83: $4.40 NL Hold'em (1R1A)      
11:00 ET -- Event 85: $2.22+R NL Hold'em (3x-Turbo , Saturday Splash Special Edition)
15:30 ET -- Event 88: $4.40+R NL Hold'em (6-Max, Action Hour)                  

What is the normal amount we would ask for as part of a stake? How many "shots" is standard?

I assume we receive $$$$"s based on a certain amount of rebuy"s, if those are not all taken then that is recorded and dollars returned and we agree not to take any more than initially discussed?                           

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2012, 13:13:39 PM »

I have a question on etiquette of staking requests for rebuy tournaments.

Lets assume we have these as part of a schedule:-

06:00 ET -- Event 83: $4.40 NL Hold'em (1R1A)      
11:00 ET -- Event 85: $2.22+R NL Hold'em (3x-Turbo , Saturday Splash Special Edition)
15:30 ET -- Event 88: $4.40+R NL Hold'em (6-Max, Action Hour)                  

What is the normal amount we would ask for as part of a stake? How many "shots" is standard?

I assume we receive $$$$"s based on a certain amount of rebuy"s, if those are not all taken then that is recorded and dollars returned and we agree not to take any more than initially discussed?                           

State in your staking proposal what your budget is for rebuys. ("I will have a maximum of x rebuys and if not needed they will be returned by x date)

If not used, they are returned

As to number, depends on the tournament. Any more than 2-3 and you are into the relams of people wondering how seriously you are taking the earlier bullets  :D

Under no circumstances go over budget unless with prior approval of all stakers, because that way disputes lie.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2012, 13:15:57 PM »

I would be tempted to keep it simple to start off with Myles.  Ultimately each proposal will be valued on its own merits but give the relative inexperience of members to this type of initiative, then the simpler the better.  As successes are recorded, I would imagine more complex proposals will get a greater degree of response.  As for APAT's share, you would pay 1% of total staker winnings to "staker@apat.com" via PayPal.

Thanks for reply but didnt really answer questions!!.......mainly can I offer up a stake as a backer rather than always requesting to be backed?......sometimes its nice to have horses earning you $$ when u havent got time to play!!....also on this subject would there be a requirement for horse to keep an updated rail?

In regards to BAP tbh imho I think this is the simplier way of running it!!......shares are sold at x amount......they have a closing value of x amount....rather than all this 1.1 mark up malarky its far simpler!!....just my opinion obv!!

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2012, 13:48:53 PM »

Thanks for reply but didnt really answer questions!!.......mainly can I offer up a stake as a backer rather than always requesting to be backed?......sometimes its nice to have horses earning you $$ when u havent got time to play!!....also on this subject would there be a requirement for horse to keep an updated rail?

In regards to BAP tbh imho I think this is the simplier way of running it!!......shares are sold at x amount......they have a closing value of x amount....rather than all this 1.1 mark up malarky its far simpler!!....just my opinion obv!!

Sorry I misunderstood your original post. 

Yes, as a Staker you can initiate a post seeking players to invest in.  The only stipulations being that responding players have to be licensed on the board, they should get their details to you via the Staker Request form, and you need to fund them in advance of the events taking place. 

When returning their winnings to you, the players would at the same time pay 1% of their winnings to APAT.  As stated above, you are not proposing to pay a premium and that"s fine also.  It may be less attractive to longer term winning players, but ultimately it"s a free market and premiums may be less important in online staking, where travel and accommodation costs do not need to be factored in.

I would encourage all Stakers to request rail updates from their players.  Ultimately that will appeal more to some players than others, but it would be up to you whether you made it a condition of the deal.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2012, 14:03:49 PM »

Yes, as a Staker you can initiate a post seeking players to invest in.  The only stipulations being that responding players have to be licensed on the board, they should get their details to you via the Staker Request form, and you need to fund them in advance of the events taking place. 

When returning their winnings to you, the players would at the same time pay 1% of their winnings to APAT.  As stated above, you are not proposing to pay a premium and that"s fine also.  It may be less attractive to longer term winning players, but ultimately it"s a free market and premiums may be less important in online staking, where travel and accommodation costs do not need to be factored in.

I would encourage all Stakers to request rail updates from their players.  Ultimately that will appeal more to some players than others, but it would be up to you whether you made it a condition of the deal.

Ok great thks.....so as staker you dont lose any of your winnings if I read correctly?

Where do u post stakes available then?

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2012, 14:22:52 PM »

Ok great thks.....so as staker you dont lose any of your winnings if I read correctly?

Where do u post stakes available then?

Correct, this service is entirely free to Stakers.

Just post a new topic in this board.  Head it "online players required" or similar.  Include your topline proposal and requirements (licensed players, payment terms, reporting etc).  Use PM"s to sort out account details etc.