Author Topic: APAT Staking Exchange - Discussion  (Read 107321 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: APAT Staking Exchange - Discussion
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2012, 20:14:11 PM »

OK I"m thinking it"s just me that doesn"t know this but what does BAP stand for?

Yes No....I"ve been hoping someone would ask so I wouldn"t look ignorant...Oh...wait!
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2012, 20:17:47 PM »
Buy a piece.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2012, 20:20:09 PM »
BAP stands for BlackCountry Added Percentile.  It"s the premium that can be added to any stake request based on the fact that the stakee is or has been a member of the Black Country Poker Club. Length of service obviously increases this premium percentile, as does if you have an APAT Stud bronze medal.

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2012, 20:33:10 PM »

So not to derail particular staking threads, the guidelines indicate we should state the premium in terms of mark up (ie 1.1 etc) and i think this is the best way of being open about the premium being charged on the stake, whilst negating the need to state whether the return includes stake back or not. I also think it makes the 1% calculation easier that goes to APAT.

Current threads are stating in terms of 100% staking but with60/40 return etc. personally think the board should have a universal way of stating the premium (I would use decimal method).

I mean 60/40 on a 100% stake is a HUGE markup (about 1.67) and established pros would struggle to sell at that rate and I think stakers should know this before this board gets established.

Dean

This is the first time for me and APAT to ask for staking, so was not sure what to ask for. This was a kind of lets post and see what response I get. I and others will learn what is expected in terms of %/decimals and will ask for staking accordingly. You are right about the mark up but can I point out this is at half the price. You could say that I have been lucky, to get staked at that mark up, with me being first it has got a novelty factor to it. As the bigger players come along I"m sure a request like this will not get taken up. 

Wayne

You sold out so fair enough.

But realistically I think you should have sold at spot.  299 mtts over 6 years is tiny Wayne, really should unlock that opr too.
As Des said though plenty of people on here will know your game so that + novelty probably swung it, i doubt a newer less known member would have sold any tbh.

The half price thing doesn"t really work either, it just means the tourn will have twice as many runners. Though admittedly the bigger stuff on Stars should be quite a bit softer during the wsop.

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2012, 20:38:48 PM »
If you"ve played a ton on other networks you should pot all your opr"s too.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2012, 21:22:05 PM »

So not to derail particular staking threads, the guidelines indicate we should state the premium in terms of mark up (ie 1.1 etc) and i think this is the best way of being open about the premium being charged on the stake, whilst negating the need to state whether the return includes stake back or not. I also think it makes the 1% calculation easier that goes to APAT.

Current threads are stating in terms of 100% staking but with60/40 return etc. personally think the board should have a universal way of stating the premium (I would use decimal method).

I mean 60/40 on a 100% stake is a HUGE markup (about 1.67) and established pros would struggle to sell at that rate and I think stakers should know this before this board gets established.

Dean

This is the first time for me and APAT to ask for staking, so was not sure what to ask for. This was a kind of lets post and see what response I get. I and others will learn what is expected in terms of %/decimals and will ask for staking accordingly. You are right about the mark up but can I point out this is at half the price. You could say that I have been lucky, to get staked at that mark up, with me being first it has got a novelty factor to it. As the bigger players come along I"m sure a request like this will not get taken up. 

Wayne

Wayne, I don"t normally post on these kind of things because it is easy for people to take it personally and I certainly don"t want that. The reason I made my post in the discussion thread is because this staking board is in its infancy and I was just trying to help everyone understand how staking works from my past experiences and experience of others, I wasn"t trying to single you out. I was also referring the the other staking offer that was posted that used the same method and I think it gets unnecessarily complicated.

Also I don"t get your point about the half price - just because Stars have halved the buyin doesn"t mean you are selling at a discount.

I"d be happy to stake you Wayne in most things but personally i wouldn"t stake anybody that sold at an unrealistic premium and also that didn"t have a % of their own dime at stake.

I kind of feel bad if you think I was aiming any criticism your way, it wasn"t intended like that.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2012, 22:02:32 PM »
I did not take it personally, I was agreeing with you

The half price thing, what I was trying to get across is that any other Sunday the % would have twice the price for the same payout. 

I have a better, more structured proposal in the coming months which will be more up your street

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2012, 22:08:05 PM »

I did not take it personally, I was agreeing with you

The half price thing, what I was trying to get across is that any other Sunday the % would have twice the price for the same payout. 

I have a better, more structured proposal in the coming months which will be more up your street

Gl with it Wayne, your op was actually very similar to on i put on here ~4 years ago. Only I was charging 2.0   :D

We live n learn.

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2012, 07:16:17 AM »
Just a question about the £10 and 1% ? Is this going to a certain fund to support something (eg freeroll or sponsorshipfor stakers/stakees) or just into the general APAT coffers ?
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2012, 08:13:59 AM »

Just a question about the £10 and 1% ? Is this going to a certain fund to support something (eg freeroll or sponsorshipfor stakers/stakees) or just into the general APAT coffers ?

This sort of comment makes me a little concerned after all I"ve said previously.

We are not going to spend the £50 (less merchandising fees) on hookers and Cuban cigars.

The money will go into the APAT bank account and be used for whatever expenses require paying. Ultimately that should lead to additional value for players, like the GPS freeroll last weekend, and others that are planned.

However APAT need to generate revenue to succeed.  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:26:42 AM by Des »

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2012, 09:13:44 AM »

We are not going to spend less than £50 on hookers and Cuban cigars.

FYP :)
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Sugarnes

• Bronze Member
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2012, 10:38:26 AM »
At the risk of being facetious....I"d be at every event if APAT provided hookers and cuban cigars!!

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »

At the risk of being facetious....I"d be at every event if APAT provided hookers and cuban cigars!!

...there might be something in that... :)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »

I"ll start on the artwork and banners now  ;)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2012, 11:10:34 AM »

I"ll start on the artwork and banners now  ;)

We"ll need product testers....