Author Topic: Euro 2012 - Get It Quietly Thread  (Read 156490 times)

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Euro 2012 - Get It Quietly Thread
« Reply #510 on: July 03, 2012, 15:10:06 PM »

Does Dynamo get a free seat as well?  I bet Duncan and Michelle wish they had backed up their selection with a £1 bet :)

MAGICIAN Dynamo has left pundits and bookies stunned with a 10,000-1 prediction on how Spain would win Euro 2012.

The illusionist guessed correctly every winner from the quarter-finals onwards.

Dynamo, 29, even predicted that Spain would win the final against Italy by two or more goals, netting a £10,000 jackpot.

He revealed his trick to shocked This Morning presenters Holly Willoughby, 31, and Phillip Schofield, 50, yesterday.

Dynamo had left a Paddy Power betting slip with staff at the ITV studio two weeks ago.

And once Spain had trounced Italy 4-0 in Sunday's final, he showed up to reveal all to the duo.

Philip told viewers: "It's extraordinary, you can't fake something like that. It's just incredible."

Dynamo, real name Steven Frayne, explained: "Just before the quarter-finals on June 21, I placed a £1 bet on the outcome. To get odds of 10,000-1, I had to do an accumulator bet."

He even predicted two penalty shootouts, including England's quarter-final defeat to Italy.

A This Morning insider added: "Nobody knows how he did it. Everyone in the studio was baffled and amazed but he wasn't giving anything away."

Dynamo, whose previous stunts include walking across the River Thames, will donate his winnings to The Teenage Cancer Trust.

:o
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

runadrum

• Bronze Member
« Reply #511 on: July 03, 2012, 18:36:45 PM »

We were going to do a live draw, but do you know what - seeing as there are only two winners let"s give them both a seat. Think that will round off a fun thread with a bit of style.  

Well done Duncan and Michelle.

Thank you Des

That is a kind gesture, avoiding a coin-flip, and congratulations Michelle.

I did think, after seeing the semis, that having decided Italy would beat Germany that I should have gone for them to also beat Spain - but Spain were majestic in the final and had to be the pre-tournament choice.

Plus I didn"t have a bet on them as it would have hindered their prospects immediately !

Duncan

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #512 on: July 03, 2012, 19:46:34 PM »
Wow, thanks Des/APAT :-)

Wishing I had done what Steve said above and put a bet on this selection at the bookies!

Congrats Duncan ... hopefully we"ll both make final table at our chosen events :-)))

(@ Des, is there a specific APAT we are using the free seat for or can we choose any one?)

Mich/x
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #513 on: July 03, 2012, 20:23:40 PM »

(@ Des, is there a specific APAT we are using the free seat for or can we choose any one?)

Mich/x

Has to be the European CHampionships Mich :)
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #514 on: July 04, 2012, 02:19:49 AM »
Well done Michelle & Duncan + Andy for his sweepstake.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #515 on: July 04, 2012, 23:02:50 PM »

Mich/x

Has to be the European CHampionships Mich :)

Would be rude not to  ;D
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk