Author Topic: Sports betting Challenge  (Read 2781 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Sports betting Challenge
« on: June 17, 2012, 13:02:03 PM »
Was looking at Betfair and this just popped into my head. I don"t know if this will interest anybody but thought it might be worth a post for a bit of fun. Most of us on this board probably like the odd gamble on the sports. I am not sure how good some people are at it (I am useless) but thought it would be fun to have a friendly competition in the second half of the year to see who could do the best at it.

Everybody involved could start with say 500 points and then the idea is to get the highest points total by the end of the year by betting them on sports results and posting your bet in the thread (no after timing obviously). If there was enough interest we could even have a (very) small bet on it to keep it interesting if people wanted. You could bet on any sporting or novelty market at odds available on any of the following sites:-

Betfair
Ladbrokes
Bet365
Betfred
Stan James
Coral
Paddy Power
Skybet
888.com
Victor Chandler

We could run it from July 1st to Dec 31st and the max bet would be say 5% of your points BR (to enforce proper BRM as we are not using real money). Everybody keeps their own score.

Anybody fancy giving this a go? What changes we should make to make it more interesting?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Sports betting Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 23:39:00 PM »
Would be interested but think need to reduce sites available for bets to maybe 3/4.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Sports betting Challenge
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 23:45:38 PM »
We have plans to introduce a lot more content around sports betting and sports generally going forward Steve - along the lines of what we did with Euro2012.  We"d be happy to drive the initiative if players are interested in competing.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy