Author Topic: Arise Sir Waz......  (Read 2805 times)

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
Arise Sir Waz......
« on: June 18, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I"ve taken the liberty of c and p"ing this, hope you don"t mind.

June 18th 2007. 15.08pm.  We all have dates and times that we remember for whatever reason.  Well this is one of mine.

Reading the Poker Player magazine flicking through the pages and coming across an advert for a new poker site and forum.  Being reasonable new to the poker world, I decided to click on and register.

5 years, 3397 posts, 38days, 9hrs and 40minutes later, I"m still here and have loved every minute of it.

My first post according to this site it was on the 4th August 2007....(using " ...... " alot, what is that about   ?!)

Hi,

Just got back from holiday, and of course logged here before unpacking....it seems my unpacking will have to wait why i digest all this in....

What alot of hard work all at APAT have done....TOP STUFF GUYS...

The whole tour is simply perfect ( well judging by some comments..almost perfect), this kind of operation takes in the poker ethos for all comers to play and at reasonable buy-in"s open to most modest bankrolls.

Can"t wait - I live in Peterborough, and travelled by car to Newcastle and Edinburgh in Season 1, so personally delighted a bit more " local" live events, that little bit nearer.

Oh, and I read Harrington on Hold-em on holiday.....so all be warned...LOL

Yours Waz1892

I think this was S2 and the start of the local pub events, the birth-place of the online league as we know it!  Evolution for you!

I"ve learned so much just by being a member of APAT, and its only made my appeitite for the game grow more and more.
Made some truly great people, who I now consider very good friends. 

Had the upmost pleasure in joining Luton Poker Club in S3, and taking over the captains role soon afterwards, and that was a great time on here for me - loads of banter, lots of update pages too, and will always remember that.

some more details here of my time as Captain -

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=10170.0

APAT has also given me the opportunity to "play" for my country in the APAT Team Event in Newcastle a couple of seasons ago - Managing to get a couple of points for them too.

The Luton Poker Club, grew so much over the past few seasons, and with the help of the members and some help from APAT we started a Home Game each year, which is just another example of why I love APAT and what it provides for everyone no matter their skills or Bankroll.  A true community forum and association.

Without really knowing anyone, other than via posts and chats in the various poker sites we"ve all played, we all got to know each other more, and through meeting at live events, or railing each other in non-apat events, I"ve found some truely great people.

Have shared some parts of my life with you all, and the Marathon blog was fun doing;

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4414.0

My own Poker play has got better each season, a long way to go, but i"m looking more at where I"ve come from in the 5 years.  Still class myself very much so as a recreational player, who could study more and learn more.  However what ever my wins live or online, without a doubt its APAT and its members that have helped me have some paydays.

Here is to the next 5 years - Have some aims to acheive so we"ll see what happens

Before I go on and on (OK, even more than I have already...) just a massive thank-you to -

Des Duffy (GOD)
Richard Prew (inspirational at what you do, love to help some-day)
Leigh Wiltshire (He who watches and laughs at others distress!)
James Barber (gave me the luton capt role -TY)
Richard Baker (massive help in learning the game, continued the LPC club and gathering of LPC members)
Achim G (my first live bounty, and valued friend, the Cologne scarf still up in my poker room
JP Round (probably the best t-shirt banner ever -TY)
Jo Sharp (some-one i count as a friend, and another continuing the great work that is the role of a captain)
Carl Pilgrim (the original Luton player, and maintains to be a true friend)
Ian Matthews (has enjoyed the delights of diversions at 2am with me!)
Alan Mower (another orginal LPC and a friend also - a pleasure sir.)
Steve Redfern (valueable feedback and has helped me alot, so again TY)
Rob Swindells (very generous donation for my Marathon run, didn"t go unnoticed, another one I look upto in here - TY.)
Ger Smith (Blog is legendary, and made me laugh many a morning before work)

So many others too of course and again thanks.  Its been great and I can"t wait for the next 5 years.

Cheers,

Warren.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 21:40:34 PM by Chipaccrual »
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.