Author Topic: ENGLAND Team - ECOAP 2012........  (Read 16812 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
ENGLAND Team - ECOAP 2012........
« on: June 18, 2012, 23:21:29 PM »
Firstly, I would like to say a huge thanks to all those that have taken the time and trouble to compose applications..... you have all made my life very difficult for the past few weeks, and have cost me endless hours of lost sleep!

Many times I thought I had the team sorted, then another application would pop up, and I was back to the drawing board. In reality, from the applications received, I could have picked several different teams, all of which would have been well justified to be put forward as the England team. As my wife will attest, selecting this team has been one of the most difficult things I"ve had to do in a long time.

As promised, I"ve tried to go for a team that balances poker skill, APAT contribution, and St George spirit and passion.  I can"t believe some of the names I"ve left out - we just have a ridiculous amount of strength in the English player pool. Hopefully they will all understand, and will now get behind the England team.... speaking of which....................

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: ENGLAND Team - ECOAP 2012........
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 23:21:43 PM »
The team to represent ENGLAND at the APAT ECOAP event at DTD in August 2012 is......

Richard Baker
Tony Trippier
Alan Armitage
Dan Patterson
Steve Redfern

Richard Baker
Someone who is wholly committed to the APAT cause, and has shown great support over the years, not least with his contributions in Vegas last year where he helped to co-ordinate events during the APAT visit. He has played every APAT event live and online for the past two years, both in the UK and abroad. With a number of deep runs and good cashes in both APAT and non-APAT events, his poker pedigree is unquestionable.

Alan Armitage
In my opinion, one of the best poker players on the tour.  Alan is immensely difficult to play against, pushing a hugely aggressive edge both live and online. Hopefully that aggression will come to the fore in the ECOAP format. Alan has a string of great results away from APAT, coupled with a number of APAT final tables in both live and online tournaments. Definitely someone I would rather have on my team, than be playing against.

Tony Trippier
As a co-member of BCPC, I see his game close up at a variety of events, and am well aware of his poker prowess. He is currently ranked number one in the BCPC rankings, and is the reigning BCPC league champion. Considering the club boasts five APAT champions in its ranks, this is no mean feat. In the last twelve months or so on the APAT tour, he has won the Pub Poker tournament in Blackpool, won the PLO online event last month, and is a regular face in the day two field of the live nationals. [And not forgetting his bronze medal in a Stud event!]

Dan Patterson
The APAT National Online league is an extraordinarily competitive competition, and is in my opinion, one of the harder $11 tournaments in the online calendar. To have scored so heavily to become the top English player in that league, whilst helping the North East team to a credible third place, is no mean feat, and Dan has proved his worth and value to the England team.

Steve Redfern
Everyone close to APAT knows my commitment to the APAT cause, and the passion with which I play my poker. Hopefully, over the APAT seasons, my track record and contribution justifies my own selection in this team, alongside some very esteemed colleagues.  I fully intend for England to bring this home, and if we fail, it will not be for the want of trying or for any lack of passion, and will certainly not be due to any lack of skill or commitment within our team.

We Are England!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 23:36:57 PM by AMRN »

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 23:28:53 PM »
Congrats to all picked, must of been a tough decision for Steve.. Will be in Nottingham to cheer you on to success, cmon the England!!
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 23:33:01 PM »
Best of luck. Cmon England!!!
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

fatpants

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 23:33:53 PM »
Dan Patterson (me) is indeed English (geordie) joined the forum to play the online league and try and boost the numbers and try to help the North East get some points on the board!  Ty for the invite and will try and do the forum proud!  GL us! :)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 23:36:36 PM »

Dan Patterson (me) is indeed English (geordie) joined the forum to play the online league and try and boost the numbers and try to help the North East get some points on the board!  Ty for the invite and will try and do the forum proud!  GL us! :)

Cheers Dan - will remove that NB tag from the OP now.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 23:42:57 PM »
Great team lineup. Never going to be nothing other than a great lineup.

Wish everyone the best of luck.

Come on England!
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 23:45:11 PM »
Fine looking team Steve who I"m sure will do you almost as proud as my Scots team  ;)

Well done to everyone who"s made Team England and good luck to every1 else for the future. I certainly can concur as to how didfficult the task of choosing the right team has been.

We look forward to this immensely, all the best guys
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 23:48:07 PM »
Great line up

Lets get this done!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 23:49:01 PM »
Very strong team. Each and every one a well deserved selection. If I were naming a team myself, this would have been it. Smash it up guys, best of luck.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 23:50:04 PM »
You do know that there is not a stud round ?

;D

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 23:53:25 PM »
Get it won Boys" Gr8 line up

WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

rudders

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 23:58:58 PM »
strong team- always a near impossible task. Good luck in your questfor second place...... ;)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 00:03:46 AM »
Congratulations to those chosen to represent England at the ECOAP. Best of luck at Notts, Team Poland are waiting for you..!  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Eck

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 00:12:29 AM »
Well done Steve never imagined anyone in England being daft enough to pick BigAl but you are clearly brighter than i thought you were.

Good luck, keep me off his table please.  ;D