Author Topic: PokerStars - Living the Dream Sat 26th June  (Read 3020 times)

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
PokerStars - Living the Dream Sat 26th June
« on: June 26, 2007, 23:25:43 PM »
With Stars going down and the tourney cancelled, I wonder what the outcome will be. Will 1st place get the seat, will it be a re-run.

I think its a toughie, but a rerun is hard, because you would have to get the entrants back at a specified date and time.

I think the seat in the final should be given to 1st at the time of it going down, and the money divided up between the remaining players.

Its a tough one for Mr.Woods and the poker player magazine team and stars.. Lets hope they come up with a good solution.

Jimmy
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

Zukertort

• Silver Member
Re: PokerStars - Living the Dream Sat 26th June
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:20:26 AM »
Must admit to being a bit frustrated as i stood 12th out of the 73 left when the Pokerstars site crashed-mind you i,m sure the chip leader was pulling his hair out! As Jimmy points out this is not an easy call to adjudicate as we were not really playing for the $1000 prizepool, but the magical 1st place. I have already received my $16.83 which i shall use to enter the APAT razz event just to frustrate myself further!
Perhaps Pokerstars can manually re-set the tourney as we were, to give us all that were left a fair crack at winning? (I shall have to stop snorting this stuff-it"s causing me to hallucinate!)

Should be fun!

Kevin

Zukertort

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 18:41:23 PM »
Pokerstars have re-scheduled this tourney for Tuesday 3rd July, with the 73 runners left re-starting with the chip stack they had when it crashed! Bully for Pokerstars and Pokerplayer magazine for doing the right thing-come on Gregg i"m coming!?

Kevin

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 19:09:07 PM »
Ah well, it seems a fair result on reflection... Best of luck Kevin..
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

Gilthaniel

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 22:21:21 PM »
Having played really well in the original tournament, I started the re-run in mid-field. I lasted six minutes! Lost two consecutive all-in hands with the best cards going into the flop both times. I guess I just felt pressured to play as the blinds were getting big. More patience required. Only one chance left now on July 24th.
All generalisations are false.