Author Topic: Feedback Requested - Possible Schedule for Stake Request  (Read 6915 times)

kevod85

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Feedback Requested - Possible Schedule for Stake Request
« on: July 09, 2012, 15:29:28 PM »
I am putting together a live schedule for the remainder of the year which i am considering selling half my action for, just wanted a bit of feedback to see if there would be any interest before I spend a few hours putting the final proposal together. I am planning to run with this anyway but am thinking having other people involved in this might give me an extra push. Not sure if it might be a bit OTT hence the reason for this post. Open to all ideas to improve / help.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=238593

21/7   MPL ( pub league final ) £15 Would throw this in as 1st place is 3K + GUKPT seat
22/7   DTD Grand Prix Day 1B   £ 100
3/8   Genting Poker Series Stoke £ 430
11/8   Poker Player UK tour Coventry £ 110
25/8   APAT DTD 6 Max   £ 55
26/8   APAT DTD Main event   £ 110
27/10   Poker Player UK tour Leeds £ 110
8/11   UKIPT Swansea   £ 770
23/11   Genting Poker Series Sheffield £ 430
1/12   APAT Stoke Main event   £ 110

Total £ 2240 Pt   

Kev
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 21:08:46 PM by Paulie_D »
APAT Welsh Amateur Championship 2012 Bronze Medal

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Feedback Requested - Possible Schedule for Stake Request
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 21:11:23 PM »
Re-posted now that Kev is licensed.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 21:52:43 PM »

I am putting together a live schedule for the remainder of the year which i am considering selling half my action for, just wanted a bit of feedback to see if there would be any interest before I spend a few hours putting the final proposal together. I am planning to run with this anyway but am thinking having other people involved in this might give me an extra push. Not sure if it might be a bit OTT hence the reason for this post. Open to all ideas to improve / help.

21/7   MPL ( pub league final ) £15 Would throw this in as 1st place is 3K + GUKPT seat

Total £ 2240 Pt   

Kev

imho the UKIPT and GPS events are way above your ABI from the info u have given us and they total nearly 75% of the stake and are 4 or 7x the buy in of all the other events.....take them out and youve got a nice schedule and maybe include a £50/100 satty to each instead with the seat being played if won and included in the stake OR a couple of the side events and if nice score from any of previous events or side events then poll backers to get opinion on whether to play the ME or not.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 23:37:46 PM »
btw

Where do people think they are going to play UKIPT Swansea lol. It"s very unlikely to happen.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

kevod85

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »

Total £ 2240 Pt   

Kev

imho the UKIPT and GPS events are way above your ABI from the info u have given us and they total nearly 75% of the stake and are 4 or 7x the buy in of all the other events.....take them out and youve got a nice schedule and maybe include a £50/100 satty to each instead with the seat being played if won and included in the stake OR a couple of the side events and if nice score from any of previous events or side events then poll backers to get opinion on whether to play the ME or not.

Thanks for this. its appreciated. I will look at making some changes over the next couple of days

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »
I would say the schedule maybe fine. Although as I said earlier UKIPT Swansea probably won"t happen anyway as there is not a venue in Swansea that can hold it. The GPS events are higher buyin"s but that"s the point in a staking request, (even though I never quite understood the reasons but there we go). I would remove the UKIPT as it makes the proposal more expensive, and with it in there the result of that one tournament is a huge factor on the success of the proposal, so there is quite a bit of luck involved.

I would like to see a bigger sample than 2 tournaments. On the two you have, the average standard of player at the Blonde Bash was probably higher than in any of the tournaments listed here, although most may not have taken it 100% seriously. Still anybody who wins that tournament can do well in the ones listed here. APAT events are standard level £75 events that play differently but it does show that you know how to play deeper structures. The results in these tournaments are no doubt impressive.

Some questions I would ask:-

1) Most importantly, do you play online and can you post OPR would give much better sample size?

2) Are you trying to sell at markup if so what is it?

3) Are there any other events you have played that you have done well at that are not on your Hendon Mob, do you have links to the results?

Not sure how much help this is but posted anyway.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

kevod85

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 12:28:03 PM »

I would say the schedule maybe fine. Although as I said earlier UKIPT Swansea probably won"t happen anyway as there is not a venue in Swansea that can hold it. The GPS events are higher buyin"s but that"s the point in a staking request, (even though I never quite understood the reasons but there we go). I would remove the UKIPT as it makes the proposal more expensive, and with it in there the result of that one tournament is a huge factor on the success of the proposal, so there is quite a bit of luck involved.

I would like to see a bigger sample than 2 tournaments. On the two you have, the average standard of player at the Blonde Bash was probably higher than in any of the tournaments listed here, although most may not have taken it 100% seriously. Still anybody who wins that tournament can do well in the ones listed here. APAT events are standard level £75 events that play differently but it does show that you know how to play deeper structures. The results in these tournaments are no doubt impressive.

Some questions I would ask:-

1) Most importantly, do you play online and can you post OPR would give much better sample size?

2) Are you trying to sell at markup if so what is it?

3) Are there any other events you have played that you have done well at that are not on your Hendon Mob, do you have links to the results?

Not sure how much help this is but posted anyway.

Thanks for the comments, i was also under the impression that going the staking route was to be able to play in tournaments above your usual ABI. This was only a quick thing i knocked up in an hours boredom at work the other day. If i do go ahead i will probly narrow the time scale it is over down to say a month and maybe stay around the 100/150 buy in mark. I do play online but haven"t acheived anything to brag about so far, my live play is much stronger imo. If i was to post a request for staking i would include more info on what ive played but the 2 tagged on hendon mob are obviously my best atm by a long way.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 13:08:43 PM »
Kev.

As this seems to have run it"s course, I"m going to lock this off now.

If you would like me to re-open it, please PM me.

Cheers,

Paulie

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 14:05:09 PM »

Kev.

As this seems to have run it"s course, I"m going to lock this off now.

If you would like me to re-open it, please PM me.

Cheers,

Paulie

Please leave it open Paulie.  Useful feedback could continue to come back, there is no benefit whatsoever to locking it off?!?
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 14:49:50 PM »
No problem

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 15:30:34 PM »

I am putting together a live schedule for the remainder of the year which i am considering selling half my action for, just wanted a bit of feedback

Don"t make a habit of moving in, UTG, with pocket 2"s!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

kevod85

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 16:23:01 PM »

I am putting together a live schedule for the remainder of the year which i am considering selling half my action for, just wanted a bit of feedback

Don"t make a habit of moving in, UTG, with pocket 2"s!

Noted  :D Seemed like a good idea at the time after the 8 pints id drank!