Author Topic: John Terry - Verdict, Right or wrong  (Read 6467 times)

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
John Terry - Verdict, Right or wrong
« on: July 15, 2012, 00:57:58 AM »
Unusual this one.... The FA deemed this incident to be more serious than the Suarez one for it to be referred to the police. Suarez gets an 8 match ban and no need to go to court. Terry has an incident that is deemed serious enough for it to be dealt with by the Courts.. Not Guilty.. It appears now that the FA are going to continue their investigations. Do they have to have a lesser element of proof to find him guilty of something, because if he has already been found Not Guilty what is there to investigate. What do you reckon that the FA will still manage to find him guilty of something...
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: John Terry - Verdict, Right or wrong
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 01:31:44 AM »
remember OJ getting not guilty in his murder trial, but was found guilty in a civil court and had to pay the family damages.

Loving how the scousers are whining about this verdict.

Now I may not have my facts straight here, so feel free to tell me I"m wrong but Terry and Suarez is not the same spot.

Suarez admitted using rascist words in an insulting manner, the other admitted using rascist words but not in an insulting manner. Both were believed, it was just that suarez tried to play the "cultural card" and that was (correctly IMO) thrown out..
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 02:19:23 AM »

Unusual this one.... The FA deemed this incident to be more serious than the Suarez one for it to be referred to the police. Suarez gets an 8 match ban and no need to go to court. Terry has an incident that is deemed serious enough for it to be dealt with by the Courts.. Not Guilty.. It appears now that the FA are going to continue their investigations. Do they have to have a lesser element of proof to find him guilty of something, because if he has already been found Not Guilty what is there to investigate. What do you reckon that the FA will still manage to find him guilty of something...

My understanding is that the FA deferred dealing with Terry so as to not interfere with the legal process, they did not refer the case to the Police.

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 02:35:43 AM »

My understanding is that the FA deferred dealing with Terry so as to not interfere with the legal process, they did not refer the case to the Police.

think this is correct
Rob, you are a genius.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 09:00:28 AM »

Spot on. He was found guilty because there was not enough evidence that he used the racial and abusive language that he admitted saying towards Ferdinand and not just repeating what he alleged Ferdinand had accused him of saying on the pitch.

That defence was good enough for the judge to find him not guilty.

IMO, the evidence that has come out about what was said by both parties on the pitch that day suggests the FA may find then both guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

Although banter and bad language clearly goes on during a game, the fact that this has become so high profile, I"m sure the FA will act to make a point.

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »
Excuse me Swinebag but I am not whining about the verdict. Maybe I was mistaken about how it became a police matter and I now understand that the FA halted their investigation. Enough damage has already been done and from some comments made today about Ashley Cole it looks like more is to come...
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 11:57:08 AM »

Excuse me Swinebag but I am not whining about the verdict. Maybe I was mistaken about how it became a police matter and I now understand that the FA halted their investigation. Enough damage has already been done and from some comments made today about Ashley Cole it looks like more is to come...

Didn"t mean you Bill. You put a balanced view across. However I have a load of liverpool mates at work who are whining about it and comparing it to the suarez case

FWIW, I think Terry and Ferdinand have brought the game into disrepute and I hope both are banned by the FA, now that they are able to resume their investigation
Rob, you are a genius.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »

MikeSlee

• The one , the only Si1verSku11
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 16:23:22 PM »
From what I remember, Suarez was charged on two counts by the FA.  1) Using foul and abusive language towards another player and 2) using racist language.

I think both JT and Anton should at least get a charged on the first count considering what they have accepted was said on the pitch.

HERBIEHACKIT

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 02:32:20 AM »
1. burden of proof in criminal cases is beyond reasonable doubt. my view is the magistrates have yet again proved they are self important people who are clueless about the law. terry guilty.

2.fa. will act similar to civil law and decide on the balance of probability.

3. the fa say foul and abusive language is INDUSTRIAL LANGUAGE as for a the pro game goes. however at the same time they have instructed referee"s to send off playings in the none pro game for using it. and that was from the horses mouth when i faced the fa after being dismissed after have a little disagreement with a ref.
Peter Stringfellow is my hero. i want to grow old disgracefully too.