Author Topic: Loser's Ink - The Jaxie Towers' 10k Challenge  (Read 94628 times)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
Re: Loser's Ink - The Jaxie Towers' 10k Challenge
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2012, 18:50:36 PM »

Yay!!!  He doesn"t "do" running so much.  That"s most excellent news.   :D

tbf I don"t do dieting as a rule but I like to think I can turn my hand to most things if required. Looking forward to the challenge.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2012, 19:07:25 PM »
Stomachs are revelling in the new found richness of exotic foods and sugary drinks as the combatants withdraw from their battle grounds to regroup before the affray of epic proportions not unlike the Spartan run from Marathon to Athens (historically inaccurate but I like the metaphor)

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2012, 19:07:47 PM »

http://xrunner.co.uk/

:o
Yeeeeeeeeeeeah.  You and Joobs can do the mental ones together.  We"d like to come out of this in one piece. 

The date is a bite late for my liking (18 May), but Jack loves his Phil so we"re going with Phil"s suggestion.  Damn!  I just spotted the conspiracy ffs!  

http://www.rwtrailblazer.co.uk/notts.html

Oh well.  It"s not tooooooo far from home and looks to be a nice one for us beginner types.  Hoping the "forest factor" will combat May"s sunshiny heat and if it"s pissing down on the day, we"ll be sheltered a wee bit from that as well.

We"ve also decided on a charity.  As many of you know, I"ve had cancer and got through it...twice.  We both have family members who"ve gone through some form of it as well, so only makes sense to support Macmillan.  They"ve an excellent team of nurses who help cancer patients and their families, funded solely by donations.

We"ve to pay our entry by end of November for the cheap seats price (gives us extra beer money after obv) and I"ll ring Macmillan to express our interest in representing them. 

From what I can gather, there"s a large beer tent and stuff for the kids (Stu) to do as well.  Don"t suppose any of you lot want to join us in making a day of it?  Don"t panic...ya don"t have to run.  

God help us and let the training commence!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:58:57 AM by Laxie »

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2012, 19:08:50 PM »

Stomachs are revelling in the new found richness of exotic foods and sugary drinks as the combatants withdraw from their battle grounds to regroup before the affray of epic proportions not unlike the Spartan run from Marathon to Athens (historically inaccurate but I like the metaphor)

LMAOOOOO!!!  You have faaaaaaaar too much time on yer hands, but so do we from the looks of it.   ;)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2012, 19:16:07 PM »
"Imagine a 10k run combining the fresh scent of spring pine with the sound of a thousand runners; where soft, springy forest trails lead you deep into woodland, along field edges and past open water, eventually coming home to a superb event village"

Yeah right.. Now for the real version

"Imagine a torturous big feck off stagger, damning the smell that clogs your nostrils along with the chirping of the serious fell runners, where soft Shiite sucks the life out of your legs as you get lost in the woods, trip over the edges and fall into the water, eventually coming home with blisters, chaffs, red spots and no lungs"

For that reason and for a 1,000 others I can come up with, I will be in the event village..

ps - Good Charity though
pps - Your are fecking crackers
ppps - Good luck
pppps - nutters

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2012, 19:34:57 PM »
So what"s our challenge? First over the line or do I make some concession to you being one of the weaker sex?

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2012, 19:50:49 PM »
just waiting for the JG page to be set up and for "the cock" to confirm as well.

Great effort the past few months, the pair of you. You should be truly proud of your efforts.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2012, 19:53:31 PM »

... not unlike the Spartan run from Marathon to Athens (historically inaccurate but I like the metaphor)

particularly as it was the Athenians fighting at Marathon and not the Spartans
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2012, 19:55:11 PM »
Cheers Rob!  You lot are stars too for all the support you"ve given us.

So what"s our challenge? First over the line or do I make some concession to you being one of the weaker sex?

Oh bite me bitch!  Imma own ya. 

But just in case - Lads...help me out with concession ideas please and thanks.  lolololol

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2012, 19:57:04 PM »

But just in case - Lads...help me out

Arh! The sweet scent of panic in the air already. Doddle imo.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 20:16:46 PM by technolog »

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2012, 19:59:04 PM »

just waiting for the JG page to be set up and for "the cock" to confirm as well.

Great effort the past few months, the pair of you. You should be truly proud of your efforts.

Consider it confirmed Rob, the charity will spend it for more wisely than i could ever dream of.

Still backing jack, dont fancy Dawn liking the running after her first practice run gives her 2 black eyes tbh.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2012, 20:04:10 PM »

Consider it confirmed Rob, the charity will spend it for more wisely than i could ever dream of.

Still backing jack, dont fancy Dawn liking the running after her first practice run gives her 2 black eyes tbh.

I shall be offering a helping hand (or two) to stop this happening.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2012, 20:04:24 PM »

You worry about yer bits and I"ll worry about mine, tyvm.  Just get yer arse there on the day for the beer tent with Ger and all yer merry men.  "Spose ya"d better bring Jack"s bit on the side too while yer at it.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2012, 20:14:44 PM »
YAY!!!  Just thought of concession for Jack!   ;D

Seeing as he was an ape to hook up with me in the first place, I reckon it only makes sense for him to run the race in a full gorilla outfit.  Who else thinks this is a good idea?

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2012, 20:21:12 PM »

YAY!!!  Just thought of concession for Jack!   ;D

Seeing as he was an ape to hook up with me in the first place, I reckon it only makes sense for him to run the race in a full gorilla outfit.  Who else thinks this is a good idea?

No!

My only concession is if someone can give a calculator for predicted times after inputting gender, age, weight etc - winner is the one who betters the predicted times ratio.