Author Topic: Loser's Ink - The Jaxie Towers' 10k Challenge  (Read 93706 times)

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Re: Loser's Ink - The Jaxie Towers' 10k Challenge
« Reply #255 on: May 01, 2013, 15:12:55 PM »

Liking the sound of bouncy fun!

Unlucky Stu, it"s for youngsters only and at 29 I"m afraid you"ll have to content yourself with your colouring book & crayons. If you"re very good I might let Dawn get you some felt tips x

Sigh.... will get me crayons.

Don"t listen to him Stu.  I"ll see what we can do about getting ya a go on the bouncy things.   :D

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #256 on: May 01, 2013, 20:35:04 PM »
A lady offers Stu a go on "the bouncy things" and gets no reaction. Amazing restraint sir, wp!

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #257 on: May 01, 2013, 20:51:22 PM »

A lady offers Stu a go on "the bouncy things" and gets no reaction. Amazing restraint sir, wp!

I"m more mature than that..... stored away for later
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #258 on: May 02, 2013, 23:56:46 PM »

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2013, 15:27:35 PM »
Had a look at our JustGiving page and we"ve only hit 25% of our 1k target with less than two weeks to go.  Would be much appreciated if people could push the link a bit for us on their twitter/facebook or wherever you think might help boost the total.  Hopefully we"ll get a bit closer than we are now with your help.  Many thanks all!!!   :)

http://www.justgiving.com/jaxie/eurl.axd/587bc65c34f3c64184a756d9945564a3

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: May 10, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
A week from today, Sarah and Bridget fly over from Ireland to aid the locals in an invasion on Jaxie Towers. Must get this place in order, lively.

Confirmed crashing at ours for the week-end -
Jaxie (obv)
Sarah
Bridget
Lucy
Loui

Confirmed joining us on race day -
Petch
Whelley
Delboy
Mrs. Delboy
2 mini Dels

Possibles -
PhilTC
Anna
Lilly

Anyone else kicking around the idea?

BBQ at ours for everyone after the race.  Pretty sure a few drinks might be had too.   :D

Fun begins in - 7 MORE SLEEPS!!! wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:49 AM »
Only a few days to go and we"re well shy of our target!!! Please help us by giving whatever you can. Donations being taken online and go directly to the charity. We"d really appreciate your support. Cheers! :)

http://www.justgiving.com/jaxie/eurl.axd/587bc65c34f3c64184a756d9945564a3

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2013, 22:12:57 PM »
Training almost done. I did my last 10k on Sunday in a PB time of 56 mins dead. Tonight I did a 5k in 27m 15s. Thursday, it"ll be just a gentle 3k or so just to keep loose and we"re ready for Saturday! Whoda thunk it?

Echoing what Dawn said, please try to find a few bob to help Macmillan carry on with the great work they do for cancer sufferers. No worries if you can"t, the residents of Jaxie Towers understand times are tough. We haven"t been able to afford to contribute much to other causes around the place.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #263 on: May 15, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »
In other news, does anyone know of a good tattoo artist in the Leicester/Notts area?  Bar a miracle, Jack is going to crush me this week-end, so I"ll need to get moving on that video we promised ye.  lol

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2013, 22:47:56 PM »
I really enjoyed it!

It didn"t go to plan exactly, but not in a bad way. I started right at the back of my "wave" and was forced to go slower than I wanted for the first kilometre or so. The terrain map on the website led me to believe it was all uphill for the first half AND tougher than my training runs had been, so I carried on taking my time to make sure I kept a bit in reserve. It turns out it was a fair bit easier than I"d been used to and I hardly noticed any upward trend. Anyway I felt great at 5km and picked the pace up overtaking around 20 people in the second 5km. So my time was a bit disappointing at 1hr 0m 36s. A good day however. Best of all, so far we"ve raised nearly £700 for Macmillan Cancer Support. If you want to chip in with a few bob more, apparently the page will take donations for another three months. Thanks to the generous souls that already raided their piggy banks - it"s very much appreciated!

http://www.justgiving.com/jaxie

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2013, 00:27:38 AM »
Decided a wee update was in order for those who don"t follow us on Facebook.  For a start, my foot has mended and I"ve just completed week two of the Couch to 5k with Jack"s help.  He"s a proper pro runner now (ish...lol), yet he sticks it out trudging slowly along the path with me during my training runs.  Only rules are, it"s at my pace - not his. And he"s not allowed to tell me how much time is left in the run. I"ve got a bad habit of worrying more about counting seconds than breathing if I"m told what time is left.  If all goes according to plan, I"ll be running my first 5k by 3rd week in October or thereabouts.  Couldn"t do it without Jack"s support though.  That"s for sure.  Thank you Honey!!!  xx

Back to the original Losers Ink bet.  Well, I lost and it"s a go.  Lucy has been such a sweetheart!  After a wee chat about what I liked/didn"t like, she drew up the design for me.  Delboy has recently gone about getting a tattoo cover up from a woman near him.  I"m really happy with her work, so that"s where I"ll be going.  Last step now is to see if Sarah (my daughter) wants to come over from Ireland to witness the madness.  If so, I"ll book it around her schedule.  Will be speaking to Sarah tomorrow and booking the appointment during this week. wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii