Author Topic: Request - Weekend Schedule [M Porter]  (Read 118930 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Request - Weekend Schedule [M Porter]
« Reply #360 on: November 24, 2013, 23:29:36 PM »
$674.

Dismal session.

Just busted the main event, AJ
128th out of 2000 runners in a $2.20 rebuy was as good as it got elsewhere.

After tomorrow, I have the rest of the week off work so may squeeze in a few extra sessions to finish off the month.

To be this much down so early was not what I had anticipated at all. When that winning moment comes, and it will come, it is going to make the pain that tournament poker brings so worthwhile. Have the last mission freeroll tomorrow, would be nice to log on and find I have flipped my way to $7.5K!

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2013, 13:07:00 PM »
I am going to take out the $13.50"s, $15.50"s and $16 games so max buy in will be $11 for a while.

I don"t like doing this but I think its sensible. I knew there was a danger that reloading was going to be needed and I am fine with that. I just don"t want to have to do that after a month! The one thing I am not going to do is to play less, I am really focussed and feel like I am playing well. I will treat the bankroll sensibly and keep grinding through. I am off work for 4 of the next 6 weeks so still hopeful off finishing the year well and getting some back.

I did get frustrated yesterday which, on reflection, I am annoyed about. I am sure that it didn"t affect my game at all, I wouldn"t let that happen. I do think its really important to remain fairly emotionally level in poker, i.e. the highs aren"t too high and the lows aren"t too low. I really want this to go well so its hard sometimes when it feels like your getting crushed everywhere.

Morale is still high though. Back up on the horse.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2013, 13:47:02 PM »
I still feel that u should be putting in a mix of sng"s mate to iron out some of the variance which was the whole point of including them in the first place!!

As we have seen the 180"s are prone to massive downswings(100+) in some cases and can be so demoralising and confidence crushing when u are playing well and just getting punished in them.

Throwing in some 18/27/45/90"s(non-turbo imo) builds back up the confidence when u get a cash, which is more often than when solely playing in the 180"s, and would help build the roll back up and hopefully sustain it at a decent lvl until the big mtt score comes along.

Not saying u should not be playing the 180"s but from the original post it seemed like u would be mixing it up rather than just solely playing these.

Just my opinion and hopefully bit of advice as I used to grind these on regular basis so know that a decent ROI is possible but as per usual will probably get slated and be in the minority!!

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2013, 14:30:34 PM »

I still feel that u should be putting in a mix of sng"s mate to iron out some of the variance which was the whole point of including them in the first place!!

As we have seen the 180"s are prone to massive downswings(100+) in some cases and can be so demoralising and confidence crushing when u are playing well and just getting punished in them.

Throwing in some 18/27/45/90"s(non-turbo imo) builds back up the confidence when u get a cash, which is more often than when solely playing in the 180"s, and would help build the roll back up and hopefully sustain it at a decent lvl until the big mtt score comes along.

Not saying u should not be playing the 180"s but from the original post it seemed like u would be mixing it up rather than just solely playing these.

Just my opinion and hopefully bit of advice as I used to grind these on regular basis so know that a decent ROI is possible but as per usual will probably get slated and be in the minority!!

I agree with this in principal.

A big part of how I schedule my sessions is how I time it around my personal life. The 180"s are good for that as they will last a maximum of two hours. So I can come home at 6pm, reg until half 7 and be done by half 9 when my girlfriend gets in from work. I can do this two or three times a week and increase my volume quite nicely compared to just the odd weekend session.

I believe that the majority of the non turbo sit n go"s will last a minumum of 3 hours, it doesn"t really fit. I will either have the time to grind 12 hour sessions or the time to play short 2-3 hour bursts, not much inbetween hence playing 180"s.

Also the general concensus has been that the 18man,45man, 90man are more reg filled so don"t immediately seem more appealing.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #364 on: November 25, 2013, 14:47:22 PM »
Keep calm, keep playing well and it will come, I lost a third of my roll in the first month last year but it"s just one very long game broken up into tiny segments.

There is a tiny bit of pressure because you want to do well for the people who have invested in you but they all understand poker and how hard it can be, good luck for the rest of the year.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #365 on: November 25, 2013, 14:56:37 PM »

I agree with this in principal.

A big part of how I schedule my sessions is how I time it around my personal life. The 180"s are good for that as they will last a maximum of two hours. So I can come home at 6pm, reg until half 7 and be done by half 9 when my girlfriend gets in from work. I can do this two or three times a week and increase my volume quite nicely compared to just the odd weekend session.

I believe that the majority of the non turbo sit n go"s will last a minumum of 3 hours, it doesn"t really fit. I will either have the time to grind 12 hour sessions or the time to play short 2-3 hour bursts, not much inbetween hence playing 180"s.

Also the general concensus has been that the 18man,45man, 90man are more reg filled so don"t immediately seem more appealing.

Mate the 45"s don"t last 3hrs!!......non-turbos 90 mins if I remember right and on Tilt they only had turbo 90"s and think they were about 2hrs max.

Yes they may be reg filled but if u are playing good solid poker early days and picking spots against the fish to build stack its pretty certain to make final 2 tables and then that"s where the real play and luck aspect might come into affect to see u through to FT.

U wont know how u find them until u try a couple and see what they are like.....what damage is that going to do?....$20-30 from the BR which is fine by me so u can get a feel for them......maybe try at $5.50 & $11 lvl to see which suits.

As Brian says keep plugging away and the mtt"s will come but imho the sng"s are there to keep the BR ticking over for when this happens.

glgl mate

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #366 on: November 25, 2013, 15:29:27 PM »
Even playing one or two single table sngs will give you a couple of freerolls into mtts if you cash in them. If I have had a long run of not cashing in mtts will play a few of these just to try and get bankroll up slightly, think of them as satellites into mtts, wouldn"t even contemplate trying to make a living or massive profit from these though.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #367 on: November 25, 2013, 18:35:51 PM »

Even playing one or two single table sngs will give you a couple of freerolls into mtts if you cash in them. If I have had a long run of not cashing in mtts will play a few of these just to try and get bankroll up slightly, think of them as satellites into mtts, wouldn"t even contemplate trying to make a living or massive profit from these though.

^^^^^ exactly this too!!.....I was going to suggest this as well but didn"t know if u were interested in the single tables!!

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #368 on: November 27, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »
$644.63.

Will give some low variance deeper stacked sit n go"s a whirl later today - 45man, 90man etc. Just $1.50"s and $2.50"s to get a feel for it and get some confidence back.

35vpps away from Silverstar so will make that comfortably by the weekend.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #369 on: November 27, 2013, 12:24:41 PM »

$644.63.

Will give some low variance deeper stacked sit n go"s a whirl later today - 45man, 90man etc. Just $1.50"s and $2.50"s to get a feel for it and get some confidence back.

35vpps away from Silverstar so will make that comfortably by the weekend.

glgl bud

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #370 on: November 27, 2013, 12:38:47 PM »
Good luck Mark, supporting from a distance mate
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #371 on: November 27, 2013, 13:04:52 PM »

Good luck Mark, supporting from a distance mate

Thanks Phil, now got this in my head.......

From a distance the world looks blue and green,
And the snow-capped mountains white.
From a distance the ocean meets the stream,
And the eagle takes to flight.

From a distance, there is harmony,
And it echoes through the land.
It"s the voice of hope, it"s the voice of peace,
It"s the voice of every man.

From a distance we all have enough,
And no one is in need.
And there are no guns, no bombs, and no disease,
No hungry mouths to feed.

;D

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #372 on: November 27, 2013, 21:39:18 PM »
$577.97

Got it in with the best hand plenty. Did not win. Made Silverstar.

In other news, took my car for its MOT only to discover its a write off. Safe to say November has been less than kind. Off to Bruges in a couple of weeks for a few days - need it...

I walked across an empty land
I knew the door card like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Got dealt the river and it made him complete

Oh poker gods, where have you gone?
I"m getting tired and I need Aces to rely on
So tell me when you"re gonna let me bink
I"m getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #373 on: December 01, 2013, 10:28:40 AM »
$557.73.

Will likely miss "Double Vision" Sunday today as will be on the road. May late reg the Sunday Storms but will see how I feel.

Cashed for $643 in November but wasn"t a good month. Excluding a decent ROI in $2.50"s, MTT"s went just about as badly as they could have done.

Will be looking to maintain Silverstar in December. I will have a $10 bonus to collect this month plus a $22 tournament ticket to come my way. Stars have the Golden Sit N Go"s, Double Vision today and the mission promo next week so will be getting involved.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #374 on: December 01, 2013, 21:18:38 PM »
$535.73

Bricked both Storms.